Author Topic: What was the High point of this years season for you ?  (Read 3422 times)

surflizard

For me personally, it was getting LLT out on different bodies of water and seeing how she reacted to changing techniques for the different Species of fish that we encountered out there ! Watching her go Ballistic when she got to try sightfishing for the first time and hearing her exclaim OMG Look at all the fish and then catching them just as fast as I could unhook them, That really made the season for me this year ! What was yours ?

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: What was the High point of this years season for you ?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2011, 08:56 AM »
Seeing all the success a friend had on the ice this winter. He works hard, was rewarded well for his efforts.
Also spending the day on the ice with a group of people who are all members of a sister site, MHF. All of which are such wonderful people. Glad to call them all my friends and companions in the outdoor pursuits.  ;)

OH yeah, and seeing the post that your home and on the mend.  ;)

Offline newfound

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2011, 09:14 AM »
For me,

catching a 5 lb rainbow and then minutes later, seeing my daughter pull up a 23" laker out of the same hole.
But I had a few good days this year.
And, glad to see you're posting again.  :thumbsup:

NB

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2011, 09:57 AM »
Guess mine would be when CH caught the 25" laker. Her biggest so far and without the use of the underwater camera or fish finder....all by feel.

Just being out there enjoying what ice fishing has to offer is also a highlight for me.

JIGGIN.

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2011, 11:07 AM »
Good to have you back Tony  ;)

I had several good trips this season and enjoyed fishing with friends, but Id have to say my favorite moment was when my nephew and I landed a 4lb Rainbow Derby weekend...He was so excited...Gotta love moments like that  ;D

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Apr 18, 2011, 12:46 PM »
Good to see you back Tony, hopefully taking it easy.

My highlights for this season's ice fishing was watching my sons catch the biggest lakers and other species of their lives. Introducing others too the sport and seeing them landing some rather large fish (Andrew ;) ) Most especially, were the priceless memories of their faces beaming with ear to ear smiles. Oh and finally getting the opportunity to fish with my father and brother. I waited 42 years for that special day.

Offline mikefishon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2011, 02:12 PM »
i'd have to say finding a new perch honey hole 3 weeks ago that's been right under my nose for years but never thought it would produce! ha!!! was i wrong we slammed over a 1000 perch in two weekends. we kept nothing under 9" and had a bunch in the 14-15" range. the electric knives and vac-packer both took a good workout and my friends are all getting a feed of perch and there's a bunch in the freezer! we were also tending pike tip ups and caught about 30-35 with a dozen in the 5-12lb range.well i put away all my ice gear yesterday and iv'e landed one 15" bow and one 14" walleye on rod and reel. had a ball all winter long with old friends and new well good luck and tight lines i'll see you back here in december.

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Apr 18, 2011, 04:03 PM »
Getting my first lakers EVER, one on a trap another on ultrlight tackle.
That and taking one of my neices fishing and having her outfish ME!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #8 on: Apr 18, 2011, 04:35 PM »
good to see ya back tony!!..

my high point would have to be watching bucktail change his game-plan this year, and watching it pay off!!

me personally i had fun fishing for different species....caught crappie,perch,bass,pickeral,trout, and in doing so....saw different bodies of
water this year too..........next year will be here soon enough!!
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #9 on: Apr 18, 2011, 06:14 PM »
Welcome back Tony. The high point of the season was on Dec. 26 when my nephew, Will (age 7), told the entire family that he couldn't wait to go to Uncle Capt's  ;) green house and cook hot dogs on the ice. He and 12 other nieces, nephews, and daughters came out caught no fish but had a blast for a couple hours. Will not only got his dog but ended up helping cook them with a big grin on his face. ;D
The fishing highlight was when Bobhouse Bull pulled out a monster bow (23-25" est.) on one of Red's traps, at the end of the day. Red gave him a semi hard time  ;) about touching other peoples traps   ;) and then   proceeded to throw it back down the hole (hence only an est.) with a smile on his face. Wow, did we howl. ;D ;D

Capt. Black

Offline Swampdonkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Can't catch em from the couch.
« Reply #10 on: Apr 18, 2011, 07:31 PM »
I would have to say seeing my nephew pulling his 2 plus pound brown all on his own. He is really starting to get the hang of the whole ice fishing thing.

Offline FishEnticer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Apr 19, 2011, 06:55 AM »
Hey Surflizard real happly to see your back and hope things are going well. 

I've done lots of ice fishing this year and it was just great to be out there.  I would say the high point was going out with Adrian and catching a ton of bows toward the end of the season.  I learned alot that day.  One thing is you best be in shape if your going to run traps constantly for 5 hours. ;D

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #12 on: Apr 19, 2011, 07:10 AM »
late december when i pulled a 6lb 10 ounce larry, followed by a 6lb 4 ounce larry from ranger, followed by a 5lb 4 ounce larry from mrs. heater...all within 20 minutes
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Apr 19, 2011, 04:17 PM »
glad you're feeling better Tony.
highlite for me is always getting out on the lake on new years day. new year and a new start to a new ice fishing season gets me pumped. always full of hope and optimism that a big one will be caught.
now, i guess i'll wait till next year ???

Offline hrdwtr24

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Apr 19, 2011, 07:30 PM »
Tony glad to see you are home!! hope all is well... ;)   man tough to pick just one high point, so I will say anytime I hit the ice with my boy's is a high point!! love to see them catch fish don't really care what species... :tipup:

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15 on: Apr 19, 2011, 08:24 PM »
Fishing with all these fine people.

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Apr 26, 2011, 08:00 AM »
My season hightlights first ice to last ice:

1.  Holy ^&%$ Tony! Get over here! (first flag of the season for me)

2.  Having Tony walk over to me and hands me his camera showing me a dandy LT. (his first flag of 2011)

3.  Fishing many new waters with this season with family and watching my brother from another mother steal someone's flag and catch the only fish of that species for the day! LOL!  And having the opportunity to chase flags like we were 10 years old again the same day!

4..  Falling off a ladder mid feb to have "minimal damage." Fishing the rest of the season like that only to go into surgery April 22nd to find that I tore 75% of the Labrum and shreading most of the tendons that hold my bicep to the bone!  7 anchors later, I have 25% use of my left arm!  Happy 30th birthday to me!

5..  Even with Surf in the condition he was in, he still made the effort to call my house multiple times to check on me while he was recovering himself!

Offline longbeardking

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #17 on: Apr 26, 2011, 11:40 AM »
To say NOTHING of driving your Mother and Father freeking NUTZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
Times have NOT changed. PEOPLE have!!!

Offline mroy44

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Apr 26, 2011, 04:29 PM »
I got to meet some new people and fish with more fellow die hards!

Good fishin!!  Nugent 2012!

Offline JimB

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • gone thinking
« Reply #19 on: Apr 29, 2011, 08:07 PM »
Seeing my son catch his first bass through the ice 4pd 2oz.Also I hit 5 new pond's and got out about 30 times.Dec 11 the earliest I've ever gotten out and fished until late april which was the latest for me.

His first crappie.

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2011, 08:11 PM »
Well, that fat laker just before Newfound closed was a highlight....

But mostly it was meeting great people, learning new tactics, and the biggest thing....learning to do it all by myself (well, quite a few people helped me...) and somewhat succeeding at it. I've got better plans for next year; I will be prepared for everything!
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline Flag-up-in-NH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2011, 02:39 PM »
1) my 4 year old catching & landing his first fish from a tip up & jig rod without me helping
2) one day, skipped work...pleasant day on Pleasant Lake....caught a Rainbow, Brook, & Brown trout in the same morning
...next year's goals are getting out before Christmas & fishing for Lake Trout on one of the big lakes

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 03:28 PM »
1) my 4 year old catching & landing his first fish from a tip up & jig rod without me helping
2) one day, skipped work...pleasant day on Pleasant Lake....caught a Rainbow, Brook, & Brown trout in the same morning
...next year's goals are getting out before Christmas & fishing for Lake Trout on one of the big lakes

just a heads up Flag-up-in-NH. most of the big lakes that have lake trout in them, are closed until Jan first.

Offline tattoo.ink53

• IceShanty Rookie
  • die hard fishing!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: Aug 13, 2011, 09:30 PM »
catching my first smelt. funnest time with friends beer and bob house.. ::)

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #24 on: Sep 09, 2011, 09:31 PM »
You will love my season, no fish, no flag and a mile walk over slush under ice! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!  :(

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #25 on: Sep 09, 2011, 10:03 PM »
a mile walk over slush under ice! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!  :(
Under ice, thats quite a trick. Did you hold your breath or just use scuba. A chilling thought ~ wow, you're tough. 2nd q. What'd you think of PK Lures?

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #26 on: Sep 10, 2011, 08:31 AM »
Hey Idaho i just checked them out and they look like they would work!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #27 on: Sep 10, 2011, 11:14 AM »
a mile walk over slush under ice! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!  :(
You aint gittin' off that easy.
Tell us about walking under ice.

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #28 on: Sep 10, 2011, 11:38 AM »
Well what happen was i got warm snowed and the top layer of slush froze to ice. And if you stepped in any place you get a foot of slush! And i got to walk to the whole way to the shanty. I dont own a snowmachine. A few times i was swimming in the slush and it was not easy to get up.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #29 on: Sep 10, 2011, 12:07 PM »
Thanks zorro. What don't kill ya makes ya tougher, ha.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.