Author Topic: You need this more than any other icefishing tool  (Read 1165 times)

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
You need this more than any other icefishing tool
« on: Jan 12, 2005, 11:22 PM »
CONFIDENCE! I have noticed  a lot of us use techniques extremely different, even in like environments. Yet we all have good success. I believe the best thing you can use icefishing is the thing you can have the most confidence in.
Your thoughts?
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: You need this more than any other icefishing tool
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2005, 01:59 AM »
Bear,

What you are saying may have some merit to it. However, in the end fish make the rules. We only try and either fail or succeed through our trials. You can take two lakes of equal size and fish composition and one group of fish on one lake may respond to one technique or bait and the other may or may not. A fisherman that is narrowminded catches fewer fish than one that can adapt as the fish do. I sometimes catch myself depending on something that worked last week and not wanting to change to something else when I can't get it to work this week. Laziness? I suppose. Narrowminded? Yes. Stubborness? Ask my wife. Will I go home with an empty bucket? Most likely, unless I accept that a change has taken place and so must I.

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

Offline IceTroll

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2005, 07:12 AM »
I agree Fozsey. Not being able to adapt to the everchanging environment will hinder the success of any outdoor sportsman, regardless of their endeavor. In my professional life, the inability to adapt and overcome can be fatal.
Being in the great outdoors is not a matter of life or death. Its far more important than that!

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2005, 10:27 PM »
Bear has a point though. The more confidence you have, the longer you will stay out. The longer you stay out, the more fish you catch ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.