The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: North central Mass 1/20  (Read 520 times)

Offline Brendog9

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ga head
North central Mass 1/20
« on: Jan 21, 2024, 08:21 PM »
Took a ride with a friend on Saturday for this year’s first outing. Hit Long Pond in Rutland around 7:30. There was another guy set up when we got there.

The ice was pretty bad and inconsistent, 2-3” and didn’t go any further after a one hit and through under some snow.

Action was brutally slow. There were probably 30 flags out and I saw one flag and one fish caught.

We packed up 10:30 and went to Eames Pond in Paxton. There was a group of kids playing hockey with a nice Clam shelter.

The ice was consistently 3-5”. Action was slow with one bass and a few perch jigging. Only had three flags producing a small pick. Had an EPO check our licenses, he was a really nice guy. Then it started to snow around 2. Finally at 3 we got into some perch. We caught 10-12 in about 30 minutes. Then it was time for the schlep home.
Marking anything?

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
Re: North central Mass 1/20
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2024, 06:19 AM »
That is pretty crazy since i was on 5" solid in Rhode Island and CT this weekend.
Just add water.

Offline Brendog9

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ga head
Re: North central Mass 1/20
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2024, 06:34 AM »
I was pretty surprised with the ice at Long Pond. A couple guys ventured down further but it looked like they were finding thin ice too judging by the chisel hits.
Marking anything?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.