The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: are there any ice fishing clubs  (Read 753 times)

Offline 23mako

• IceShanty Rookie
are there any ice fishing clubs
« on: Jan 03, 2019, 06:05 PM »
Hey there, Last year i got back into ice fishing  with all the ice we had  an am know consumed with everything ice fishing and am dying to get back out but most of my friends are busy with their kids sports on the weekends so i am usually out solo and was wondering if anyone knew of any group that meet up at different spots i am just N of Boston and happy to travel to new spots.

Offline ctownfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: are there any ice fishing clubs
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2019, 06:13 PM »
Interesting question and dont think the clubs are as active in winters as in summer.  That said this MA ice shanty board has a Ton of great folks who love to ice fish.  I'll be heading to Maine as it's closer than the berkshires and has allot more options with small waters. Also as the local ice forms with more regularity folks will welcome more new folks.

Flags up!
Ctown

Offline 23mako

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2019, 06:54 PM »
Interesting question and dont think the clubs are as active in winters as in summer.  That said this MA ice shanty board has a Ton of great folks who love to ice fish.  I'll be heading to Maine as it's closer than the berkshires and has allot more options with small waters. Also as the local ice forms with more regularity folks will welcome more new folks.

Flags up!
Ctown
I am also looking to hit up Maine if you are looking for company pm me.i don't know the area very well so would love to tag along

Offline Knot there yet

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Sub Zero Mafia Ice Team
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2019, 09:01 PM »
I’m on north shore too.Enter some local tournaments. Look for groups that have IS flag. Tournaments are great for networking. I have friends from all over the state I’ve meet at tournaments.
Chadwick, Attitash,Winni. Derby and  Big Daddy’s (Agway Danvers) has one.
 If you smell maple bacon I’m close 😉.

Offline 23mako

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2019, 09:40 PM »
I’m on north shore too.Enter some local tournaments. Look for groups that have IS flag. Tournaments are great for networking. I have friends from all over the state I’ve meet at tournaments.
Chadwick, Attitash,Winni. Derby and  Big Daddy’s (Agway Danvers) has one.
 If you smell maple bacon I’m close 😉.
[/quote
Thanks for the advice and I will keep a smell out for you

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.