The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 09' MN Get Together..Second Annual!  (Read 15461 times)

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: 09' MN Get Together Sign Up Thread
« Reply #120 on: Mar 13, 2009, 06:30 PM »
If anyone wants my cell number, send me a PM and I will give it to you. If you get late, then you will still be able to find us.

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #121 on: Mar 13, 2009, 06:59 PM »
Wheeler is still loaded see yea in  the am. Got your cell number skipper. Heres mine. 218
Hard Ice

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #122 on: Mar 13, 2009, 08:13 PM »
I just finished programing my GPS with about 15 points of intrest for us. I had no time to go up and pre fish today, so we will need to rely on common sense, electronics, and hopefully a little advice from Appledoorns. ;D

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: 09' MN Get Together..Second Annual!
« Reply #123 on: Mar 15, 2009, 12:02 PM »
That's it, another one in the can!

I would like to give a special thanks to Mr. Paul Waldowski from Appledoorn's Sunset Bay Resort for hosting us. Paul even took the time to lead us out to the perch grounds by Hennipin Island and gave us a few tips on how to catch them.

I would also like to thank Uncle Grump for bringing lunch and the means to cook it.

Here is Spear Chucker with a nice tulibee..

Here is Tommy with a perch..

What the heck is this? Hard ice thought it was a baby pout. Goby and sculpin were also mentioned. We caught a few of these out of the rocks.

I think we had a good time, and I hope everyone returns next year. The attendance was up over 100% from last year, lets see if we can double it again for next year.

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #124 on: Mar 15, 2009, 05:30 PM »
It was nice to meet the ones that were`t there last year . Maybe we could have it on another lake ?
Hard Ice

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #125 on: Mar 15, 2009, 05:57 PM »
We have a year to make next year better. :)

I'm open to anything.

Offline spearchucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #126 on: Mar 15, 2009, 07:51 PM »
We should look into an early ice and a late ice get together next year. I would be fun to put out some tip-ups and catch some Pike. Thaks for organizing the trip Skipper and thanks for the grub Uncle Grump.

Offline canoesota

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Got my mojo working"
« Reply #127 on: Mar 15, 2009, 10:10 PM »
My son and I had a great time fishing with you guys! Can't wait till next year!

Offline Uncle Grump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #128 on: Mar 16, 2009, 09:03 AM »
Skipper

It was you who provided the stuffings - the hot dogs....them buns would have beenkind of bland w/o the dogs!!!

Thanks for setting this up - lets try this again next year.

UG

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #129 on: Mar 17, 2009, 06:52 PM »
I think next year I should take Friday off of work and scout out some fish (please! anything but miss work for fishing! ;D)

If anyone wants to volunteer help, we can split up and do some seek and destroy, full contact, attention deficit, full tank of gas burnt in the ATV, hardcore fish finding. I move fastest by myself. I can be on and off of a spot in 15min, and done with a piece of structure in an hour or two.

I wouldn't imagine Hard Ice or Tommy would need their arm twisted to help. ;)

That way the rest of you guys can come up and have a better shot at some decent fish, and I have an excuse to take off of work to fish!

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #130 on: Mar 17, 2009, 08:26 PM »
You might be able to twist just give me a heads up
Hard Ice

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #131 on: Mar 17, 2009, 09:36 PM »
Do we want to do Mille Lacs again? I like it because it is in the center of the state so no one has to drive too awful far, and a guy can get into some pretty good schools of perch. Pelican and Gull up by Brainerd are also an option. Gull is top notch, and Pelican makes some nice crappies. Leech, Cass, and Winnibigoshish are a little far for the metro and southern MN guys to make a day out of. I guess there White Bear and Forest Lake near the Metro too, but I know nothing about them at all. The only other "destination" lake I can think of within reasonable drive for everyone is Minnetonka, but again I know nothing about it.

The Milaca Super Slab (Mille Lacs) is still my first choice, especially if I can scout ahead of time. If we gang up on the old girl and do some work, Id bet we would up our chances by quite a bit. :)

Offline canoesota

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Got my mojo working"
« Reply #132 on: Mar 17, 2009, 11:10 PM »
Any lake south of Mille Lacs is going to be very different ice conditions come mid March. My son and I were going to fish Minnetonka the next day, it had standing water all over it, just a handfull of people fishing on it. I would like to propose an early ice get together at whatever lake makes sense in December. We can use the ice fishing show in St Paul as a good time to start planning the trip.

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #133 on: Mar 18, 2009, 05:40 PM »
Why not have 2 ? One in the north half and one in the south half ? Id be willing tn giveup one of my hard water holes in the north land !
Hard Ice

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #134 on: Mar 18, 2009, 06:05 PM »
Haywood tried to put together an early GTG on West Rush, and no one came. :-\ I think it is a great idea to have a early get together, maybe in mid December on a small lake. I should have my snowmobile done by then (I hope) so someone could borrow my sportsman to toodle around for the day. Plus my snowmobile is a 2 up, so someone could ride girlfriend with me. ;D

I am busy as hell during ice show time, so we may want to steer clear of it a bit. I want to but together a booth next year that will make Ice Team's look like a church garage sale (yeah right!).  ;D That was a good time down there, and I look foreward to doing it again.

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #135 on: Mar 18, 2009, 09:17 PM »
Carefull what you wish for skipper im part of the ice team... But as far as g2g`s go id be willing to put on together for pike bay next winter.
Hard Ice

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #136 on: Mar 18, 2009, 09:27 PM »
I don't think that Ice team has much to worry about! :D We have a 10' by 10', and Mr. Genz has a 100' by 100'! They have new Arctic Cats, Vexilars, Strikemaster, and the ultimate draw, Dave Genz! Somehow they got their booth centrally located and directly across from the Ice Fishing Bikini Team. ;)

Offline canoesota

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Got my mojo working"
« Reply #137 on: Mar 19, 2009, 08:26 AM »
They were also right next to the Christian Brothers Booth!

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #138 on: Mar 19, 2009, 05:28 PM »
Booze, babes, and Iceteam! Mr. Genz has quite a gig! :laugh:

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #139 on: Mar 19, 2009, 08:23 PM »
Hey its all good.
Hard Ice

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
« Reply #140 on: Mar 21, 2009, 06:39 PM »
I think next year I should take Friday off of work and scout out some fish (please! anything but miss work for fishing! ;D)

If anyone wants to volunteer help, we can split up and do some seek and destroy, full contact, attention deficit, full tank of gas burnt in the ATV, hardcore fish finding. I move fastest by myself. I can be on and off of a spot in 15min, and done with a piece of structure in an hour or two.

I wouldn't imagine Hard Ice or Tommy would need their arm twisted to help. ;)

That way the rest of you guys can come up and have a better shot at some decent fish, and I have an excuse to take off of work to fish!
miss work for fishing oh no what will I do, ok ill do it ;D

I DONT CARE I STILL BLEED PURPLE AND GOLD, SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #141 on: Apr 19, 2009, 10:33 PM »
May not be in mn next winter but ill try to come  back for a g2g.
Hard Ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.