New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SANDY POND  (Read 25126 times)

Offline Rangerclay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My fishin' buddies!
Re: SANDY POND
« Reply #60 on: Feb 03, 2007, 03:31 PM »
I was thinking about going to Greene Point tomorrow.  Is the slush to deep for a childs (6 year old) boot?

Offline PAcatchreleaseman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • *happiness is 2 flags at once!*
« Reply #61 on: Feb 05, 2007, 06:03 PM »
can anyone shed some light on the channel that enters SP near the wigwam and runs out to rt 3 near the corners bar/rest.  by "shed some light" i mean:  does it freeze?  i came through pulaski to the pond saturday and rather than ride the road we ran down the channel on the sleds.  bout halfway i swear i saw open water....
leaned way back, hammered it and never ever looked back.  there were other tracks out there but im not so sure they were driving 10 year old triples :-\  yikes!
"You Gotta GET-HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMM!!!!!"

Offline mcully

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #62 on: Feb 06, 2007, 06:13 AM »
Water does move there. Buddy of mine sunk a sled in that stretch years agao. It's a real mucky gas filled bottom for the most part too.

Offline Budbucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "NIP"?? OHH YEA!
« Reply #63 on: Feb 06, 2007, 07:30 AM »
ya stay out of there for now chris,i heard the same thing yesterday from somebody else.we have to get together for the upcomming derbies ;D
"MONGO'S"

Offline Budbucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "NIP"?? OHH YEA!
« Reply #64 on: Feb 06, 2007, 08:13 AM »
just wanted to let everyone know Taco Bob Wayside inn's Ice fishing derby will be held on February 24 & 25th, entry fee 10$ for adults and 5$ for kids. 100% payout, and as always door prizes, and fish fry to follow, so please bring your catch.weigh in to end at 4pm on saturday and 2pm on sunday.call 315-387-3766 for more information.
"MONGO'S"

Offline ChuckieConstable

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Feb 07, 2007, 08:02 PM »
so hows all the snow treatin everybody?????? ??? ??? ??? ???
I like catchin the big northerns but love eatin those crappie

Offline pikekiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Love those toothy critters!
« Reply #66 on: Feb 07, 2007, 09:45 PM »
The pond must be getting pretty slushy these days.  Anyone been out since this last bunch of lake effect?
"You can't catch 'em from your living room!"

Offline mcully

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #67 on: Feb 08, 2007, 06:01 AM »
I've got a camp up there and my year round neighbor just emailed me "It's really bad up here!!!!" if that says anything. That was all he said and that's from the east side of the pond on Blind Creek. If I get any more from him I'll let you all know. It may be the wind blew what has fallen to that side of the pond too.

Offline Budbucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "NIP"?? OHH YEA!
« Reply #68 on: Feb 08, 2007, 07:16 AM »
hey chuckie you should see this snow! myself your uncle and nate were out there for hours trying to get the big shack out of a two foot pond created by snow drifts,the water was up to the floor :'( and over our burly boots,what a nightmare.there calling for 2-3 more feet by saturday
"MONGO'S"

Offline ChuckieConstable

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Feb 08, 2007, 10:32 AM »
hopefully you crancked the heat inside before you started so it would give you a place to warm up when your done!!! sounds like its hell up there right now. i would come up if i had the money to register my snowmobile but thats not gonna happen for a few weeks. i havent worked in 3 weeks because its so cold in ct!! the money flows slowin down >:(

Offline Budbucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "NIP"?? OHH YEA!
« Reply #70 on: Feb 08, 2007, 11:35 AM »
im in the same boat, waiting for my unemployment to clear hopefully be here tomorrow.nate and your uncle chich are in the shack right now. they said the snow on the pond isn`t so bad it mostly blew off but getting on is a little tough.i might take the sled down later to see if we can move it to the spot ;D sportmens derby is next week :o
"MONGO'S"

Offline ChuckieConstable

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Feb 08, 2007, 04:55 PM »
ya thats when i wanna come up!!!

Offline Budbucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "NIP"?? OHH YEA!
« Reply #72 on: Feb 08, 2007, 05:20 PM »
ya i hope you can make it! toco's is the following week,you might just half to stay for the whole week! ya ya! ;D
"MONGO'S"

Offline Budbucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "NIP"?? OHH YEA!
« Reply #73 on: Feb 14, 2007, 04:21 PM »
what is knowbody fishing the pond?i was out there monday the snow was`nt bad at all!had to go out to the office to get some jigging rods for a two day chomount trip,had know problem with the snow machine maybe a foot at best of hard snow in spots,this snow should blow off know problem ;D ;D ;D
"MONGO'S"

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #74 on: Feb 15, 2007, 07:25 AM »
I'll be fishing off from Greene Point this weekend for the Sportsmans club Derby will be using snowsled and leaving the wheeler home. :tipup:

Offline fogbreath

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #75 on: Feb 15, 2007, 09:28 AM »
any idea how much ice on the pond? i think ill be out of the elms in 12 to 15 ft of water.

Offline Budbucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "NIP"?? OHH YEA!
« Reply #76 on: Feb 16, 2007, 11:20 AM »
any idea how much ice on the pond? i think ill be out of the elms in 12 to 15 ft of water.
well over 18 inches,the elms might be a good bet all of the snow looked like it blew off at that end today ;D
"MONGO'S"

Offline beaglehunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Flag up!!
« Reply #77 on: Feb 16, 2007, 12:20 PM »
After all of this snow, does anyone know if the Sportsman Club cancelled this weekend's ice fishing derby? I'm planning on coming up from Rochester with my son and nephew and wanted to make sure it's still on and if parking is available near the Wigwam or Greene's Point.  I heard there's no parking anywhere's due to all of the snow!

Offline cnyiceboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Die hard
« Reply #78 on: Feb 16, 2007, 12:36 PM »
I ahve not been up there sence the storm but you should be able to park at greene point. Any news on the bite?
A good day fishing inst complete unless it's spent with family or friends.

Offline powdiddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • what is it ? its fighting like a submarine
« Reply #79 on: Feb 16, 2007, 04:18 PM »
plan on fishing there also hope its still on.

Offline powdiddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #80 on: Feb 17, 2007, 06:37 PM »
tourney was on at the pond.was my first time there ice fishing.went out from the sportsman club out a few houndred yards in about 8 fow.3 northerns two 28'' and one 30'' on tip ups.8 large mouth bass biggest was 5lbs.one blue gill and a few perch.plan on heading out tomorow.we will be the 2 yukons zipped together.

Offline fishfetcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #81 on: Feb 17, 2007, 06:59 PM »
how much snow on the ice?

Offline powdiddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #82 on: Feb 17, 2007, 07:23 PM »
for the first 50 to 100 yards out its anywhere from hard pack snow to a foot and a half with the slush.all the way out its different.no snow  then a foot of snow than snow and slush then hard ice.we found a large area that was not slushie and fished there for the day.wheelers where having a tough time in a few places.

Offline fishfetcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #83 on: Feb 18, 2007, 01:44 PM »
for the first 50 to 100 yards out its anywhere from hard pack snow to a foot and a half with the slush.all the way out its different.no snow  then a foot of snow than snow and slush then hard ice.we found a large area that was not slushie and fished there for the day.wheelers where having a tough time in a few places.
thank you for the comeback

Offline PINOMANIA

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #84 on: Feb 18, 2007, 03:47 PM »
was out on sandy pond yesterday (the 17th).  Caught 5 notherns and 6 bass.  Largest northern was 28in and the largest bass was close to 6 pounds.  Also caught a half bucket full of sunnies and bluegills with a few nice crappie in there too.  Had a great time. Easy walking on the ice...thought there was going to be alot of snow.  All in all a great day to be outside on the ice :)

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #85 on: Feb 18, 2007, 05:32 PM »
hey powdiddy,any trouble takeing the sled out on sandy

Offline powdiddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #86 on: Feb 18, 2007, 05:55 PM »
went out again today our sled had no problems.the snow is packed enough to keep the sled on top for the most part.

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #87 on: Feb 18, 2007, 07:40 PM »
thanks for the info.....

Offline cnyiceboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Die hard
« Reply #88 on: Feb 19, 2007, 07:12 AM »
was out on sandy pond yesterday (the 17th).  Caught 5 notherns and 6 bass.  Largest northern was 28in and the largest bass was close to 6 pounds.  Also caught a half bucket full of sunnies and bluegills with a few nice crappie in there too.  Had a great time. Easy walking on the ice...thought there was going to be alot of snow.  All in all a great day to be outside on the ice :)

Nice to see you on hear brother. Have to add in there was about 12-18 inches of ice where we were fishing. Great time can't wait untill this weekend
A good day fishing inst complete unless it's spent with family or friends.

Offline Budbucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "NIP"?? OHH YEA!
« Reply #89 on: Feb 19, 2007, 07:19 AM »
don't forget about the wayside inn derby this weekend!
"MONGO'S"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.