New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SANDY POND  (Read 25125 times)

Offline TRAPPERTOM13078

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: SANDY POND
« Reply #30 on: Jan 27, 2007, 09:48 PM »
  thank-you gentlemen.  would i be better off there or at greene point?

Offline GIGPIG

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 28, 2007, 08:04 PM »
Always wanted to check out sandy pond. We have a camp 10 miles from it. Is the wigwam the only place to park? Can you park farther up? Is there a state park?

Offline wildlifecaretaker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 28, 2007, 09:52 PM »
wigwam is where i go out of when i go up there. i couldn't remember the name of it though until i saw it on here. there is the other entrance they have talked about...green point i think it was. however, there are no state parks on either pond. the state parks are north on the lake and runalong the shore of the main lake, so that won't help you much in that area. i'm not sure what is around green point as i've never been on the ice from there, but at wigwam, you have the resturant w/ bathrooms right there on the waters edge. hope that helps some.

mike

Offline RebelIceFshr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 29, 2007, 06:42 AM »
My daughter and I fished Sat evening at Sandy off of Wigwam.  Tons of people out.  Weather was good.  Stayed busy chasing tip-downs off and on all night.
Didn't get into any 'eyes' though.
Was bothered by someone crowding us.  We made a point to not crowd shanty town, and picked a spot out of the way.  This guy pulling a Frabill 3-man, just would not sit still.  Took him three moves to sit right on top of us.  20 yds from our shanty, 10 ft from one of our tip-ups.
I was praying we'd get a flag, tangle his line, pull a rod through his hole, then cut the line and let the thing drop to the bottom.

Offline mcully

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 29, 2007, 09:56 AM »
Three of us fished off seber shores out in 10 to 12' of water and eneded up with a bucket of perch 8 to 11" and had tons of smaller ones. This was Saturday all day. Some nice smallies too one pushing 5lbs. No pike. Fun day.

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jan 29, 2007, 03:29 PM »
My son and I fished Sandy on Sunday from 6:30 am - 2:00 pm.  Managed one pike (~33 inches) and lots of dink perch.  Great weather and a great day! 

On the way home, we scouted out the channel at Whitney Point.  Popped enough holes and with the help of the vex and Aqua Vu, found a nice deep spot w/brush.    We will be there in two weeks for the derby! ;)
No Politics............Ju st Fish!

Offline orangebucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 29, 2007, 05:48 PM »
Fished off the elms today for perch and didn't do to well. Will try somewere else tommorrow.
Rip their lips off !!!

Offline zbigfoot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 30, 2007, 09:05 AM »
 My handicapped father and I fished of Greene Pt. on sat.from approx. 8:30-12:30.We arrived a little later than I wanted because of the ice storm. The spot that I wanted to fish was already taken by many other fisherman and several tip ups.  The fishing was very slow and we only managed to catch a few small perch and bluegill. We marked many fish on the vexilar all day that would not bite. We only had berkly gulp maggots (white) for bait and I wonder if that may have been part of the problem. Still and all it was great to get the old man back out on the ice where he loves to be.

Offline orangebucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 30, 2007, 06:44 PM »
Looks like we are getting the big snow tomorrow :( Hopefully we don't get it so the ice can continue to grow.
Rip their lips off !!!

Offline ChuckieConstable

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 30, 2007, 08:12 PM »
how much snow is there and how much are you supposed to get????????
I like catchin the big northerns but love eatin those crappie

Offline mikess

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Jan 30, 2007, 08:23 PM »
can someone tell where this sandy pond is?  :unsure:

Offline Fishbio824

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Jan 31, 2007, 06:51 AM »
Bay off ontario North of port ontario

Offline RebelIceFshr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 31, 2007, 06:52 AM »
can someone tell where this sandy pond is?  :unsure:

http://maps.yahoo.com/index.php#mvt=m&q2=Sandy%20Pond,%20NY&q1=Mexico,%20NY&trf=0&lon=-76.173706&lat=43.632845&mag=4

In short, off of Rt. 3 and Rt. 15, right or left off of 3, depending on whether or not you're coming from north or south.
Try this link,  ;)

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Jan 31, 2007, 09:05 AM »
Predicting 1-2 feet of snow. :tipup:

Offline wayneo637

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Jan 31, 2007, 09:25 AM »
Predicting 1-2 feet of snow. :tipup:

How much snow did you get last night in sandy creek. we got about a foot just outside of Mexico.(pulaski side)
WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER I'LL ICE FISH THERE TOO!!

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Jan 31, 2007, 11:42 AM »
2-3 inches is all we got

Offline perchman19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 31, 2007, 01:03 PM »
Heading up to Sandy Pond on Sunday morning.  Was wondering how the fishing has been this week and what was working.  Anything would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Offline pikekiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Love those toothy critters!
« Reply #47 on: Jan 31, 2007, 03:46 PM »
depends where you go. I fished it 3 times this year.  Greene point was the best.  4 pike from 14" to 21". (this spot is usually much better) I caught some small gills, but I wasn't looking for them.  some guys were covering a lot of ice, but I don't know if they found bigger panfish. 
the two other days on the pond produced zero pike.  one of the days was very busy, and I didn't see a single pike caught.  I fish the pond a lot, but I can't find a pattern.  some days its dead, and some days its great. 
"You can't catch 'em from your living room!"

Offline orangebucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Jan 31, 2007, 04:53 PM »
Fished in the office today in that crazy snow storm got some nice perch and a mud puppy. The snow didn't stop but the good thing is the wind is blowing most off. Had  a hard time finding the shack on the way out at about 11:33 this am. We got about 18" of snow today thank god for trusty snow machine ;)2 The nice warm shack was nice too ;D
Rip their lips off !!!

Offline PAcatchreleaseman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • *happiness is 2 flags at once!*
« Reply #49 on: Jan 31, 2007, 05:49 PM »
wacked some nice gills on saturday and sunday.  where's the shack parked this year orange bucket?  we'll have the snow machines out on the pond this weekend.  mind if we stop by and say 'hi'?  any word on the derbys?
"You Gotta GET-HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMM!!!!!"

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #50 on: Jan 31, 2007, 06:58 PM »
Mad River club derby is this weekend. :tipup:

Offline Budbucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "NIP"?? OHH YEA!
« Reply #51 on: Feb 01, 2007, 06:41 AM »
feb. 18&19 sportmens club derby.and that shack was nice yesterday orangebucket  ;D
"MONGO'S"

Offline willfishforbeer

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ''drink them before they freeze''
« Reply #52 on: Feb 01, 2007, 09:39 AM »
anybody have an idea how much snow on the pond like to git back there again this weekend thanx
if u fish till you cant feel your feet its a good day

Offline yearroundfisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Feb 01, 2007, 02:33 PM »
i was there yesterday afternoon trying to bare the weather but it got the best of me and left early. there was a ton of snow almost up to my knees not good but some strong wind should take care of that. a sled would be nice if you got one. a wheeler prolly would have some trouble.
Jon Sorendo

Offline Rangerclay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My fishin' buddies!
« Reply #54 on: Feb 01, 2007, 06:04 PM »
I'm debating whether to bring the hand or power auger this weekend.  How much ice is there in Renshaw Bay?

Offline orangebucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Feb 01, 2007, 07:21 PM »
Hand drill is still good the snow I don't know (had a sled thanks for budbucket). Ice 8" to 10" . Was in the bar all day today ;D Go figure it was nasty yesterdy and I was out there catching them today was nice and I blew money in the swill pit. Will be after them tomorrow I hope.
Rip their lips off !!!

Offline orangebucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Feb 02, 2007, 07:28 PM »
Fished a couple of hours to day and it was slow. Wacked a bunch of beers though and had a good time. The slush was bad in places. Ice is awesome hopefully this snow don't stop us from getting out ???
Rip their lips off !!!

Offline Rangerclay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My fishin' buddies!
« Reply #57 on: Feb 03, 2007, 11:21 AM »
I didn't make it to the Mad River Club derby because of the weather.  Did they cancel or postpone the derby?? ???

Offline wayneo637

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Feb 03, 2007, 02:06 PM »
Anyone fishing the pond tomorrow(sunday) I am thinking about heading out there in the morning. Is the snow bad. i fished sixtown pond last night and the snow and slush was real bad. the sled was working hard to pull the shanty through some of it.
WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER I'LL ICE FISH THERE TOO!!

Offline boatdiver

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Stop by, say hello
« Reply #59 on: Feb 03, 2007, 02:11 PM »
Night fished yesterday off Greene Point in a 10' hole and found a few gills, couple of small papers. Not too good but the ice was fine, atv had no problem in slush. If you find 'em, let us know!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.