New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SANDY POND  (Read 25124 times)

Offline slabster

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: SANDY POND
« Reply #150 on: Mar 23, 2007, 10:14 AM »
i live on sandy pond i dont know where there is 18 inches of ice its opening up at all the mouths of the creeks last i was out last weekend there was roughly 10 inches in front of the wigwam and the top 3 inches were soft ice it wont be there long so get it while you can i would venture to say there is about 8 iches of ice left just a guess ..ill check it today and get back to you all

Offline percheyes42

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #151 on: Mar 23, 2007, 11:16 PM »
i live on sandy pond i dont know where there is 18 inches of ice its opening up at all the mouths of the creeks last i was out last weekend there was roughly 10 inches in front of the wigwam and the top 3 inches were soft ice it wont be there long so get it while you can i would venture to say there is about 8 iches of ice left just a guess ..ill check it today and get back to you all
If you look at my post, that was nearly a week ago. I was out from Seber Shoers and I had a tape measure with me.

I have been hunting or fishing almost everyday of my life. The rest have been wasted.

Offline slabster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #152 on: Mar 24, 2007, 05:41 AM »
and my post was 2 days later sorry that ice shanty is a lil slow there big guy easy cheesy

Offline percheyes42

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #153 on: Mar 24, 2007, 07:01 PM »
and my post was 2 days later sorry that ice shanty is a lil slow there big guy easy cheesy
Hmm! Seems any of my posts get posted immediately. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. I was just giving an accurate report of the conditions when I was there.

I have been hunting or fishing almost everyday of my life. The rest have been wasted.

Offline Luffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag up!
« Reply #154 on: Mar 25, 2007, 08:19 AM »
I love reading these little disagreements; how everyone needs to get that last little word in....

Offline RebelIceFshr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #155 on: Mar 26, 2007, 05:15 AM »
Yeah..... really
 ;)

Offline Budbucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "NIP"?? OHH YEA!
« Reply #156 on: Mar 26, 2007, 05:29 AM »
fished green point with orangebucket and down jigger yesterday evening got some crappie lot of small ones and some gills,i would watch the ice after today,still 8 good inches but it will go fast
"MONGO'S"

Offline percheyes42

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #157 on: Mar 26, 2007, 05:36 AM »
The crappies seem to be running a little small there this year. I've heard from my uncle that the crappie fishing on the South Pond is spectacular. I've driven by there a few times this year and haven't seen a person on it. Is this because of the gas pockets that form there?

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #158 on: Mar 26, 2007, 02:46 PM »
Yep I fished South Pond on Saturday and the gas pockets are open and the ice was looking iffy,I would not chance it.

Offline percheyes42

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #159 on: Mar 26, 2007, 04:00 PM »
Thanks Jigger. How's the North Pond holding up?

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #160 on: Mar 26, 2007, 06:24 PM »
I would call it a year and not chance it it will be gone soon.

Offline percheyes42

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #161 on: Mar 26, 2007, 09:56 PM »
Yeah, I guess wih this rain the shorelines probably got pretty beat up. Thanks.

Offline Budbucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "NIP"?? OHH YEA!
« Reply #162 on: Mar 27, 2007, 08:45 AM »
fished off seber shores yesterday morning did decent on perch,plenty of good ice,even a four wheeler was out
"MONGO'S"

Offline bullheaded

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #163 on: Mar 28, 2007, 08:27 PM »
9:25 pm Ice condition update!  A guy went through the ice tonight near the Wigwam and a helicopter was used to rescued him. Please use your best judgement and call it quits for the season.
Always preserve nature, I use a FOODSAVER !!!

Offline fishshack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #164 on: Mar 29, 2007, 07:04 PM »
I hope everybody is done. Don't push it.

Firefighters rescue fisherman:

Sandy Creek volunteer firefighters saved a fisherman Wednesday night after he fell into Sandy Pond, rescue crews said.

The man was ice fishing about 7:30 p.m. when he fell through the ice. Firefighters pulled him from the freezing water about a half hour later.

The man appeared to have hypothermia, and was taken to Oswego Hospital, firefighters said.

Offline percheyes42

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #165 on: Mar 30, 2007, 07:50 AM »
The guy is all right. I'm friends with his cousin. He suffered minor hypothermia. He was real lucky. I seen him out there while I was driving around looking for open water spots. I thought to myself "wow, this guy's crazy." Went to the Hotel a little later on and ran across his cousin. On a good side, the waters opening up good in the area. It won't be long now.

Offline charlielambjr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #166 on: Apr 06, 2007, 03:10 PM »
stupis is as stupid does >:( i work with firemen and i tell u some of them haev alot of heart ache over this  deal of every year having to rescue fishermen due to pushin there luck for 1 more day

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.