New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE ERIE 2018  (Read 27592 times)

Offline Peter3759

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: LAKE ERIE 2018
« Reply #150 on: Feb 02, 2018, 07:48 AM »
I wish some of these legends would take me under their wing! 🙂 I’m willing to walk the walk but I’m sorry to say I can’t do any talking as my Erie ice numbers are 2 dink perch. When I see a good spot on the map there is usually huts already on it, so I stay away from the party that I wasn’t invited to. Knowledge is what I seek not someone’s honey hole.

Offline ice4066

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #151 on: Feb 02, 2018, 09:03 AM »
That's real cool , glad to see youth into out doors , all 3 of my boys are , more on the athletic side, kyaking, hiking , cycling camping ,some fishing and hunting though , one in Buffalo one in Austin Texas and one in Portland Oregon

Offline dave_p.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #152 on: Feb 02, 2018, 11:09 AM »
Great pics guys. Always an adventure out there whether you get into them or not. Those perch schools can be a real pain to locate.

Offline JBush1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #153 on: Feb 03, 2018, 08:16 AM »
Any one ever fish closer to the windmills on the ice?

Offline JayClay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #154 on: Feb 03, 2018, 09:21 AM »
Where can out of town people park near hamburg?

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live to fish not fishin to live!!!
« Reply #155 on: Feb 03, 2018, 02:40 PM »
Oh please don’t bring the propane crockpot into this match.

Offline Icejunky468

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If you ain't fishing you ain't catching
« Reply #156 on: Feb 03, 2018, 02:59 PM »
Great pics Jackie keep them coming.
I think we need a bigger boat!!!!🐠🐟🐡🐬🐳🐋

Offline oleanjeff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #157 on: Feb 03, 2018, 03:26 PM »
Jim , trav, Kevin, paulie! Best pizza n wings ever on that lake!

Offline Pikeplower32

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Walkin-On-Water
« Reply #158 on: Feb 03, 2018, 04:57 PM »
On a serious note: I’ve only been out on Erie ice a handful of times, and am just wondering if you are hooking into more eyes than usual through the ice.

Offline Jigger Don

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #159 on: Feb 03, 2018, 06:54 PM »
Side by sides out ? Ice any better than last weekend we ran into a few spots of 4-5 in I took my small quad out last weekend but would prefer the side by side

Offline fish4fun8

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #160 on: Feb 03, 2018, 07:29 PM »
Oh boy I see this thread being closed soon! I hope not it's entertaining.good luck out there boys I'm fishing a different great lake!

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #161 on: Feb 04, 2018, 09:44 AM »
I have gone through and cleaned out the troublemakers. Please be kind to one another so I don't have to lock this thread again. Thank you.
Roy
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline longeye22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #162 on: Feb 04, 2018, 03:32 PM »
l saw a post cleaned off that only questioned ice reports ? I believe the man was concerned of peoples safety .. not questioning others ability of fishing ,or who is better than who . If you want to brag of your adventures , keep them off here . This should be for safe iofo ,not misleading info to keep people away .

Offline longeye22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #163 on: Feb 04, 2018, 10:45 PM »
Just my input .. on the ice , age of h8.yrs old , sink trap spoons ,okies from my trap line rolling a tiny bobber ,no electronics, no machines ,small lakes ,silver ,conesus, with my dad  he left me and two brothers at 59 years of age .. he left us with great knowledge at the time . Fishing was fun ..1 to1/1/4pearch on silver ,, the way we did it .. no need to go else where ? Grew up ,, children of my own  .now anew era .,,bigger lakes, bigger fish, and bigger adventures with my son ,and bigger risks for the ice thing .I would rather chase the chromers , but can't forget dad and this dumb ice fishing .now my son and I chase the eyes ,Oneida, Chaumont , Erie a..we don't post pictures .... why ???tough game to play ,a lot of time and efforts for the rewards ..were doing well for our efforts , not bragging by any means the walks, of 7.5 miles on the cat and ice conditions of these darn big lakes are just making me a tougher old bird .. god bless ,be safe ,happy fishing ..55year old rookie 😉😉😉

Offline EerieDeerie

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Feed um to the sharks!
« Reply #164 on: Feb 05, 2018, 05:50 AM »
Longeye - that was a heartfelt and nice reminder why we do what we do. This message but this one struck a cord with me. Good luck to you and your son out there and be safe. Enjoy the memories you're making.
Live to fish another day.

Offline SwampRat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #165 on: Feb 05, 2018, 09:38 AM »
I guess i missed all the fun stuff while i was fishing. Everyone is different, i'm in the non posting your catch camp that don't mean i wont txt my good friends my catch.   When someone drills 45 holes or more to find the school don't expect them to just give it up, friends or not. I know a lot of people don't agree with that (many good fisherman that i know).  There's no better feeling for ME than sitting with your father, brother, friend all alone catching a lot of fish after searching for them.
><(((,(((,(@>   j````````j`````````j```````````

><(((,(@>
                                     ><(((,(@>

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #166 on: Feb 05, 2018, 01:10 PM »
Everyone is different, i'm in the non posting your catch camp that don't mean i wont text my good friends my catch.   When someone drills 45 holes or more to find the school don't expect them to just give it up, friends or not. I know a lot of people don't agree with that (many good fisherman that i know).  There's no better feeling for ME than sitting with your father, brother, friend all alone catching a lot of fish after searching for them.
I agree with not giving up the exact location where I caught fish for the same reason you stated, takes a lot of work to find them on a large lake, but I will give info on whether fish are biting, bait used, rig and technique and I will PM anyone who asks and give him a little bit more info.

Offline EerieDeerie

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Feed um to the sharks!
« Reply #167 on: Feb 05, 2018, 04:00 PM »
We're going in the morning. Crew of about 7 of us. I'll toss out GPS coordinates if we catch some. Doesn't matter to me. Big lake, lots of fish, fun for everyone. Only thing I ask is if you do use them, bring a bottle of scotch and some guiness and we'll call it an even trade. and auger your own holes. And be quiet. And maybe bring me a sandwich from Subway. That's all. And maybe some chicken wings.
Live to fish another day.

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #168 on: Feb 05, 2018, 04:26 PM »

We're going in the morning. Crew of about 7 of us. I'll toss out GPS coordinates if we catch some. Doesn't matter to me. Big lake, lots of fish, fun for everyone. Only thing I ask is if you do use them, bring a bottle of scotch and some guiness and we'll call it an even trade. and auger your own holes. And be quiet. And maybe bring me a sandwich from Subway. That's all. And maybe some chicken wings.

That made  me LOL.... great post !

Nice offer too, well worth it lol.
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline youngblood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #169 on: Feb 05, 2018, 05:15 PM »
Good to see Sturgeon Point is alive and well.  I'm looking forward to making that 3 mile walk this weekend.  I'm tired fishing dinks at SBH.  Looking forward to hearing about future reports on SP ice.  Keep us all posted please.  My guess is there are gonna be a lot of tents up this weekend.  Tight lines y'all and safe safe!! @) :tipup:
Where is that info coming from ? I personally went there last Thursday and there was a lot of open water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.