New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ice party gathering!... (POSTPONED TIL FEB. 18TH)  (Read 34969 times)

oakorchardfishking

ice party gathering!... (POSTPONED TIL FEB. 18TH)
« on: Nov 29, 2005, 08:39 AM »
i just wanted to give everyone a heads up!
i am starting to plan another party for conesus lake!
for those of you that have attended them in the past, you are familiar with how well they turn out!
some of you have not been able to attend but wish you could have.
and for any new people, its a great way to meet new friends and put faces to names of people you may have been chatting with for a long time!
i will be looking for a date somewhere around the middle to end of January.
the date will be pending for now until i see what the ice gods giveth!
wnybassman has offered to create a website just for this occasion, so as soon as him and i break down the details we will let you all know!

things that aren't going to change from years past:
we are still going to have it on the north end of conesus lake. (vitale park... its a convenient location)
we are still going to have a derby running for the day! (we may need a scale though)
we are still going to have a cookout! (thats mandatory)
in the years past, we have done this all by donations, which helped to limit big expense's out of any ones pockets. we truly would appreciate this kind of organization again! what i mean by donations are, just things that you may already have at home or things that are inexpensive but of good use to the party! example... in years past i have bought big boxes of hotdogs and hamburgers... someone else donated the rolls and buns, someone else brought condiments. someone brought snacks, someone brought a big pot of chili... and so on!
some people even donated small ice fishing related items that we had on the table for display, these items were used for the prizes for the derby... and some of our members even donated trophies!!! as for beverages, we leave that up to the individuals for personal choice!
it all comes together nicely this way and makes it a inexpensive success for all to enjoy!

things that will change this year:
we will not be doing anything with sponsors this year... thats just a headache waiting to happen!
we will have a sign-up sheet for a small clean-up crew. (even though we expect carry-in/carry-out, sometimes things get left behind!
and the one thing that i would definitely like to get arranged for this year is...
if more people get their kids involved and we can get some kind of a head count on how many kids would be present, i would like to arrange some kind of a hour long or hour and a half long kids clinic!
i will make arrangements with some of the more skilled members in attendance to do some demonstrations and such for the kids to better teach them the tricks and tips of the sport!
i already have one person lined up for this idea that can offer a small lesson on the benefits of flashers and underwater cams! i m thinking maybe some lessons of jigging/deadsticking, tip-ups/tip-downs, jigs and jig making and the ways to decide what jig is the right one to use... just some ideas.
i would like to get about 5 to 8 individuals together that would have something worthwhile to teach the kids! i am thinking of doing this because i feel that there are not enough kids getting into the sport (and other sports) these days! also, i will arrange for a closed back of ice related goodies for each child in attendance to the clinic!

also... i will have a bait decision to make!
the decision is... i know that most everyone always brings their own bait when they go fishing! but i have met someone that has a traveling bait mobile and would be willing to set up in the parking lot as a convenience to us! what i need to determine though... is will it be worth having him come to do this or will it be a waste of his time because everyone will already have their own bait?

well anyways... stay tuned for a link to the website that will announce everything in detail. (and I'm sure we will continuously be adding to the website as the time nears.)
anyone that has ideas for donations or for the kids clinic part of this, please email me at  [email protected]

this is all by donation only and in no way will anyone be charged! its just a gathering to meet new friends and old! it brings a group of iceshanty members together, that might otherwise never really meet one another! even if you cant afford to donate anything, you are still welcome to attend! donations just make it grow into something better for all of us!
i would personally like to thank SCOTT (the owner of these fine sites) for offering such a great website that allows the communication between so many great people! i have made a couple great friends from this site and have met many as well that i would  love to fish with in the future! that is why i enjoy having these parties, it brings us all together! if it weren't for a website like this to make it all possible, we wouldn't be able to do the things we do on here!
please take a brief moment to thank Scott for such great work on the websites and please check out the iceshanty store. proceeds from the sale of items here are what keep these sites available to us! http://www.iceshanty.com/iceshanty/iceshanty_store/

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
Re: ice party gathering!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2005, 01:59 PM »
Do not know the lake, but have hear of some big pike coming out of there.
Would be help out with the setting of tip ups and the lay out of spreads.
How they work and how to use them.
Have about 15-20 working flags. Just need some tape and put fishermens names on them.
Also have a 10 inch gas auger but it is a old fence post digger and its heavy, but plenty of power to drill 50-100 holes.
Let me know if your want to have a section on this. PS I am a school teacher I think I could make a lesson and possibly a quiz if you like. (joking)
Anyone who knows the lake and would like to help that would be nice (HALI ???)
Let me know.
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline USMC130FE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 2008 NAIFC Contestant
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2005, 02:21 PM »
OAK,

I'm not familiar with the lake either but would be willing to help with the "Kids Clinic" also.  I have a plenty of jiggin' rods, Vex, Aqua view, augers (both hand and power) a quad and trailer that could be used.  I'll also throw in some venison steaks or chili and or hot dogs/buns.  I will be up front though that I'm scheduled to fish the Michigan and New York Trap Attacks with my Father this year so if your gathering happens to fall on those dates I will have to pass, but if not and Marine Corps willing I'll be there to help.

Steve
http://www.bluecrayfish.com/icefishpics/albums/userpics/2-18-08_001c.jpg

Sure the Marines are a Department of the Navy, We're the MENS DEPERTMENT!!!!

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2005, 02:22 PM »
i can help out emptying beer cans ;) anything that i can provide (help/food/beverages) i will. sounds like a good time and personally i think a baitmobile would be a great idea, if we get alot of WNYers to come im sure they dont want water spilling all over there cars because they dont have bait shops with O2 bags and then get out there to remember they forgot there spikes or waxies and have to ask around for a bait shop then wait for it to open :tipup:

hali-man

« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2005, 02:39 PM »
... stay tuned for a link to the website that will announce everything in detail. (and I'm sure we will continuously be adding to the website as the time nears.)
anyone that has ideas for donations or for the kids clinic part of this, please email me at  [email protected]

Anyone who knows the lake and would like to help that would be nice (HALI?)

I am willing but waiting.

Offline synergyboy10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2005, 02:42 PM »
ill down i will help with what i can.
sometime you just have to think like a fish.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2005, 02:44 PM »
nick, you can pick me up on your way out ;D

Offline Bobman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Free Speech Advocate #000020
« Reply #7 on: Nov 29, 2005, 02:47 PM »
oak,
I'm there!  I haven't fished Conesus since the early '80s when you used to be able to fill buckets with monster perch.  I'm sure I can find something to help out with when we get closer to the day.

ill down i will help with what i can.

Maybe a sex-ed class with visual aids  ;D, if you can keep J from blocking the screen!
There's a hole in my ice!

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 29, 2005, 04:34 PM »
I'd be a bit leary about Buckski though, if this guy actually exists??????????????

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #9 on: Nov 29, 2005, 04:50 PM »
***UPDATE***  ***UPDATE***  ***UPDATE***  ***UPDATE***  ***UPDATE***  ***UPDATE***  *** UPDATE***  ***UPDATE***  ***UPDATE***  ***UPDATE***

I am setting the date as of now, in hopes to accomadate as many people as possible and considering what is already going on!
The closest TRAP ATTACKS  that some of our friends here may be attending are NY and MI, Michigans dates are January 21st and 22nd and New Yorks dates are February 4th and 5th.
Some of you have already posted dates as well, that you already have other plans for. Unfortunately it would be impossible to arrange this in a manner to accomodate all of our other plans, so i just have to set a date and stick with it, hoping for the best turn-out possible and hopefully not hurting anyones feelings!

Therefore, the date of the Conesus lake Ice Party/Gathering will be:
January 14th- provided there is plenty of safe ice to support a large group of people!
Feruary 11th- this date will be reserved for a make-up date, incase conditions are not supportive!

Hope this works for all of you, and i hope to see many of you there!
If i remember correctly, the first gathering on 3 short weeks of planning had 88 people in attendence!
88 people is an amazing number, and now i am giving it almost a month and a half to plan another successful event!
Thank you to all that have already offered to do and bring things... i will be getting back to you as the time approaches. It is the offerings from participants that make this work so well... even though it is not required of you to bring anything in order to participate in the days event!

more updates to come...
OAK

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 29, 2005, 04:57 PM »
hey oak, its on my calendar :tipup:
could you post a link back up top of local towns or hotel as some of us will be traveling a ways and would probably need a room or two, preferably near a kmart ;D

Offline synergyboy10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 29, 2005, 05:38 PM »
anything i can do to help jay ;)
sometime you just have to think like a fish.

Offline Fish-Doctor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Nov 29, 2005, 11:25 PM »

Post-It note is on the computer screen.

And be sure to remind them to bring thier pennies.
HEY!  You might want to incorporate the pennies in your youngster classes.
We could snag a few young ones into our perversion.  hehehe

The pennies again.  Be afraid - very afraid.
Fish-Doctor  -  Ken

Offline mrlongbeard1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flags up and rods bent...
« Reply #13 on: Nov 30, 2005, 08:21 AM »
  Remember the gatherings at the end of the day.Gets a little to much weight in one spot.You might want to do that a little closer to the shore at the end of the day. Hate to see that many ice fisher people go down at once,makes alot of evening news. But I don't want to be on the news. Great time though! Missed not having the party last year on Conesus..
When the ice is on. I'm on the ice.

Offline susquayugafisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Nov 30, 2005, 08:48 AM »
OK, whats the penny deal? I read about it last year, and wondered what it was and now I'm seeing it again. Clue me in

Andy

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #15 on: Nov 30, 2005, 03:37 PM »
Posted on: Nov 29, 2005, 05:57 PMPosted by: archbishop 
Insert Quote
hey oak, its on my calendar 
could you post a link back up top of local towns or hotel as some of us will be traveling a ways and would probably need a room or two, preferably near a kmart ;D

Jay~ i will get right on that. we had a list from the years past but i cant seem to find it!  also, i think there is a k-mart or wal-mart right down the road in the Geneseo area!  ;)2
______________________ ______________________ ______________________ ______________________ _____

Posted on: Nov 29, 2005, 10:22 PMPosted by: Mac 
Insert Quote
It's on our calendar Oakster.  Count me in.  Not sure if Jeff will make it.  We will see how his work schedule plays out.
I'll also ask my other son Chris.  He's 19.
And be sure to remind them to bring their pennies.
HEY!  You might want to incorporate the pennies in your youngster classes.
We could snag a few young ones into our perversion.  hehehe

people seem to be kinda scared of the penny thing...lol  >:D all i can tell you is, if you bring them with you we will definitely show you what they are for!  ;)2
______________________ ______________________ ______________________ ______________________ _____

Posted on: Today at 09:21 AMPosted by: mrlongbeard1 
Insert Quote
  Remember the gatherings at the end of the day.Gets a little to much weight in one spot.You might want to do that a little closer to the shore at the end of the day. Hate to see that many ice fisher people go down at once,makes alot of evening news. But I don't want to be on the news. Great time though! Missed not having the party last year on Conesus..

honestly mrlongbeard1, i do not remember the ice getting weakened at all. I'm not saying it didn't, i just dint remember! can you recall how thick the ice was?
after speaking to someone else that was in attendance in the years past... i think i may have set the date too son anyways! i was trying to accommodate for people doing the trap attacks, but i think i may have to go with a later date than January 14th... the person i spoke to said that conesus didn't even get fishable ice last year until January 24th. 
its a guessing game folks, thats all i can tell ya! unfortunately we cant predict mother nature (or the ice gods), or we all would have been on ice long ago! for know i am going to stick with the dates i have set! we may get good ice by Xmas, and it will just keep getting thicker... if its anything like last year, I'm might have to postpone the postponement date...lol  we have until march, and one way or another i will make this party work! i am going to try to make it an annual from here on out!

at this point i would like to thank all that have offered help in any ways so far! thumbs up to all of you!  :thumbsup:  thats what pulls these parties together!
i still have to find the man with the grill and the scale for weighing the fish! once i get the big things out of the way, i will know what smaller items are still needed! again, thanks for all the offers so far!

does anyone know where the icepirates are? someone has to get in touch with them... it wont be the same ice gathering if they are not there!

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #16 on: Nov 30, 2005, 05:51 PM »
Oak,

Count me in.  i will have to take off of work but that is ok.  Icefishing is definitally worth missing twelve hours of bordum at work.  Let me know if you need any help planning this function. 

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 30, 2005, 06:01 PM »
Insert Quote

Jay~ i will get right on that. we had a list from the years past but i cant seem to find it!  also, i think there is a k-mart or wal-mart right down the road in the Geneseo area!  ;)2

thanks ;D walmart will be just fine ;)

Offline FishinFoool

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #18 on: Nov 30, 2005, 06:12 PM »
Fishking,   It is auwsome that you are putting the Coneseus Party together it was the best a few years ago! R you going to put anouther winning pike on the ice again? That would be cool.I know the lake pretty well and as a rule the lake is not to safe at the date you have selected,generally the ice is safe by the end of january. Just my 2 cents But we may get lucky . ;) :thumbsup: So anyway I will be there to help out and have a great time as well. AS the date gets closer we will tune up the plan.                                                                                                                                                     "The FishinFoool" :tipup:                                        
steve plum can't stop fishin!!!!!!!!!!!!

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #19 on: Dec 01, 2005, 12:06 AM »
Posted on: Nov 30, 2005, 06:46 PMPosted by: Mac 
Insert Quote
Quote from: susquayugafisher on Nov 30, 2005, 09:48 AM
OK, whats the penny deal? I read about it last year, and wondered what it was and now I'm seeing it again. Clue me in
Andy

Now you got me wondering.
I have not made this know to anyone outside my close circle of friends until I showed it to Oak this past summer out in my boat.
I wonder who spoke of it last year.
Hmmm...............

Mac

I don't ever remember any penny talk before, until you told me to bring them the day we hit Erie!
hmmmmmmmmmmm.... X's 2

Posted by: GAMBELL 
Insert Quote
Oak,

Count me in.  i will have to take off of work but that is OK.  Icefishing is definitely worth missing twelve hours of boredom at work.  Let me know if you need any help planning this function. 

glad you will be attending as well... as they say, "a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work!"  ;)2

Insert Quote
could you post a link back up top of local towns or hotel as some of us will be traveling a ways and would probably need a room or two, preferably near a kmart

thanks  walmart will be just fine

heres a link i found doing a basic search! its kind of nice because it gives each motel by number that matches a small map in the upper left corner... so you can choose by closeness to the lake or where ever you want to be!... and wal-mart is only a little ways away!...lol
http://local.yahoo.com/results?stx=hotels+motels&mcsel=29AZY6143Dx3nK8B2WQf90QhDsuwqOMdEmHz0CNKKcoBWxH6nW.yeI3RqOT5H9ezhzKKu9HDc6YNpCDdpBpNdyb3.XxigaRJ9Nebw5_nTlaCXeggPLqK8ePOJn78JLN_nbD_ozTOlYsNx0AY3hTYMsYYTdJae8uYsdT8k5vxwkEFSx4mVRTDK6gdlda8BBXlvNdJbSyHwFLNIfIQxSChPr4D5gTGc.YHJO9hi1YwgnCxC1ayvNksCZk_lUjYQnKXCr7VqbsJlg03eQCwhg--

Posted by: FishinFoool 
Insert Quote
Fishking,   It is awesome that you are putting the Coneseus Party together it was the best a few years ago! R you going to put another winning pike on the ice again? That would be cool.I know the lake pretty well and as a rule the lake is not to safe at the date you have selected,generally the ice is safe by the end of January. Just my 2 cents But we may get lucky .   So anyway I will be there to help out and have a great time as well. AS the date gets closer we will tune up the plan.                                                                                                                                                     "The FishinFoool" 

yes it was a great time a few years ago... i want it to get back to that way and i am also going to try to make it an every year event now! I'm going to commit as much time and effort into as good a party as i can!
i would love to ice another pike like that... that picture is blown up to a nice 8x11 in a frame and hanging right here above my desk!
as for the date, if we have to change it, so be it! i would reccommend though, that no one goes and makes any hard set motel plans until we are sure! hopefully we have a good ice year though and all goes well. we have February as a make-up date, ice should definitely be perfect by then! gotta do what we gotta do!!!...lol
thanks for the offer of help... we will all talk about that stuff in due time!

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Dec 01, 2005, 11:35 AM »
ALIVE, ALIVE, I really exist, will fish for food and get the flags out, just hate to put up spreads over poor water.
Jan. date would be great last son is due Feb 4th, C-section for sure.
Late season may be rough to get out. Hopefully Christmas break we will have good ice on a cat. co lake/pond/puddle.
Jay hard to see you thru the cuba smoke that morning.
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline IceReaver

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Psalm 27
« Reply #21 on: Dec 01, 2005, 04:07 PM »
Oak,

Drop me a PM if you need any help organizing and what not.  I live MUCH closer to Conesus that you do, so it's not out of the way for me providing information on Conesus (i.e.- ice conditions, activity at Vitale, etc.).  I am available for either date, so I'll be available to help in any capacity.

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Dec 01, 2005, 04:19 PM »
Mac not the first, have a set of twins/ boys.
This one is also a boy and the date is set.
Only hope I have is the mother-in-law is coming up to help after the birth.
I have seen stranger things happen, but wife been hounding me already.
Have butcher 5 deer in the garage with the neighbors already, 3 were mine. We seem to always have plenty of beers during and after which causes her to be alone with insane 3.5 year olds.
The dates I pledge myself to I WILL BE THERE!!!!! :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: ;D

Jean Cocteau

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Dec 01, 2005, 06:14 PM »
Yea Oak.
I wonder if there is something else you can do with pennies.
I wonder if someone else has another idea here.
Just curious.
Hmmmmmmmmm............
'course, you could use dimes too!

Mac

i seen a neat trick at the canadian ballet with a stack of quarters ;D

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #24 on: Dec 02, 2005, 12:14 AM »
Posted by: IceReaver
Oak,
Drop me a PM if you need any help organizing and what not.  I live MUCH closer to Conesus that you do, so it's not out of the way for me providing information on Conesus (i.e.- ice conditions, activity at Vitale, etc.).  I am available for either date, so I'll be available to help in any capacity.

icereaver,
thanks for the generous offer! maybe since you are so close, you can inform these guys as needed, as to what the hotel/motel situation is and places for food and drinks for those that plan to stay after the gathering! updates on ice conditions will be great too!  i will definitely be keeping close contact with you as the time nears! thanks alot!  :thumbsup:
P.S. since you are so close... could you please let J (ARCHBISHOP) know that it is really close to a k-mart or wal-mart? i dont want the poor guy to stress about this! :roflmao:
______________________ ______________________ ______________________ ______________________ ______

BUCKSKI,
CONGRATULATIONS on the new baby! you do what you have to that day if it involves taking care of your family! future fisherbabies are important!
and if MAC give you too much slack about it, just let me know and i will take away all his pennies for the day!...lol  :flex:
______________________ ______________________ ______________________ ______________________ ______

Posted by: Mac
Quote from: archbishop on Dec 01, 2005, 07:14 PM
i seen a neat trick at the canadian ballet with a stack of quarters

Why not bring her along Arch.
While Oak is giving his kids fishing seminar, you could start one of your own for the Daddy's out there.
Might make enough to cover bait also.

good grief! how quickly things can get out of hand!...lol
just want to let you know that the web page will be posted soon. i just sent all my changes to wnybassman, who is making the website for us! he has a little bit of work ahead of him, so please give him time to do what he has to do... as soon as it is ready, one of us will post the link here for all to view! as much info as needed will be added to it to help you guys out! 
hang in there, its coming!

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #25 on: Dec 02, 2005, 12:31 AM »
memories from a previous party!
i have this picture sized to 8 1/2 x 11 1/2 in a frame above my desk! i believe it is from the 2002/2003 season at the conesus ice gathering! i might be wrong with the dates though!
sorry about the quality, i just took it out of the frame, scanned it quick and reduced its size.

if i remember correctly, the pike was 36 inches and weighed 12.39lbs. which won the pike division!
and that is my helper there next to me, which i was glad to have the help because i had no gaff! thanks bud!!!

Offline MXFISHER656

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Dec 02, 2005, 11:28 AM »
Oak, Count me in for the gathering at Conesus! I fish there quite a bit in the summer and winter. Most of my ice fishing has been done at the south end but I have wanted to try the north end on the ice. I will be bring at least 2 freinds with me as well.

Offline Chainsaw

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Dec 02, 2005, 01:04 PM »
      Gee guys. It sounds too good to miss, and I will put it on my calander, both dates. However, it is 200 miles from our area, but then, so is Schroon Lake. If'n I can get a couple of Ice folk to go and share the 20 gallon fuel cost we'll be there. I'll know more, and post our ability to be there, with a big pot of our whistleberry venison chili stew an' homebrewed Neverby's Beer as the time approaches.
      Never thought I'd see the day when I'd question how much to get there for a good time 'till the Iceholes at Social Security gave me a raise, then took it all back, and more, for their Medicaid scam. I could run my electric motor car out there for just pennies, but 200+ miles of lead cord cost $210,000, so you can see my dilemma.
      We've had ice-on ice-off here already on a few small ponds so the water is well on it's way to COOL, and hopefully there'll be enough ice. I just have a vision of a hundred guys drilling a thousand holes and the wind tearing the lake along the 'Dotted' line.
       I've never fished there on the ice before. Hope there's some fish left. The Baitmobile is one of the better ideas I've run across. Will he buy back your unused bait(?) for cash or issue a 'Bait-buck' against your next purchase? ;D ;D ;D :tipup:
All folks follow Chainsaws first law of diminishing enthusiasm, "Ya just hafta want to do some things more than others."

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #28 on: Dec 02, 2005, 10:14 PM »
      Gee guys. It sounds too good to miss, and I will put it on my calander, both dates. However, it is 200 miles from our area, but then, so is Schroon Lake. If'n I can get a couple of Ice folk to go and share the 20 gallon fuel cost we'll be there. I'll know more, and post our ability to be there, with a big pot of our whistleberry venison chili stew an' homebrewed Neverby's Beer as the time approaches.
      Never thought I'd see the day when I'd question how much to get there for a good time 'till the Iceholes at Social Security gave me a raise, then took it all back, and more, for their Medicaid scam. I could run my electric motor car out there for just pennies, but 200+ miles of lead cord cost $210,000, so you can see my dilemma.
      We've had ice-on ice-off here already on a few small ponds so the water is well on it's way to COOL, and hopefully there'll be enough ice. I just have a vision of a hundred guys drilling a thousand holes and the wind tearing the lake along the 'Dotted' line.
       I've never fished there on the ice before. Hope there's some fish left. The Baitmobile is one of the better ideas I've run across. Will he buy back your unused bait(?) for cash or issue a 'Bait-buck' against your next purchase? ;D ;D ;D :tipup:

CHAINSAW,
The venison chili stew sounds delicious... that sure would be a warm welcome to the cold bones!
As for the ice thickness... i gotta pray for 8 inches at the minimum for me to even consider putting the gathering on!
in the years past, just to give you and idea... we had 88+ people the first year and about 176+ the second year. you can rest safely knowing that the ice did NOT play dot to dot with our souls out there!...lol  from what one member did inform me, the ice was looking a little warn and weak at the end of the day, but i do not remember that.  fortunately, we have been incident free! (knock on wood).
The BAITMOBILE seems to be liked by most people so far... i guess at some point i will start a poll to see if it weighs out!
As for buy-back or bait-bucks though, i do not know! i guess that is something i could talk to him about!
200 miles is a killer drive... but we would be glad to have ya join us! I know we have had some distance drivers in the past, but gas was cheaper then too!

Just want you to know that the website will probably be posted this weekend!
I didnt expect it to be done this fast, but i already viewed it and it looks great! Just had to edit a couple things and it will be all set!

Offline wnybassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Double Stuff Oreos! . . . . . . Got Cookies?
« Reply #29 on: Dec 02, 2005, 11:19 PM »
Oak,  anytime you want to publish the URL, feel free. 

"'I ain't broke, but brother, I'm badly bent"- Stiff Dead Cat

MySpace

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.