New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandy pond  (Read 28999 times)

Offline Mr. Jitterbugger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Sandy pond
« Reply #150 on: Jan 08, 2011, 02:46 PM »
ice thickness is patchy from ranging from three to six inches in spots, overall saw many sleds and atvs on ice, fishing was decent but no pike today , anyone ever get a walleye outa sandy? :tipup:

Offline timmay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #151 on: Jan 08, 2011, 04:13 PM »
Timmay, The pond is a great place for a newby. There are several places to park most notably the Wig-Wam (a restaurant) the Elms (a golf course and Green Point to mention a few, and depending on what type of fish you are looking for each has it's strengths and weaknesses. After you make three more posts sind me a private message (PM)
and I will give you some more information. Welcome to the site and to the pond ....Boggey
Thanks for the info!!!!!!!!!!

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • AT THE SOUND OF MY NAME, FISH TREMBLE!
« Reply #152 on: Jan 08, 2011, 04:28 PM »
ice thickness is patchy from ranging from three to six inches in spots, overall saw many sleds and atvs on ice, fishing was decent but no pike today , anyone ever get a walleye outa sandy? :tipup:
used to get walleye every time until a company called canadian killed most of them when they were spawning in the streams.

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #153 on: Jan 09, 2011, 03:04 AM »
ya that was a great move now wasent it  >:(
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline Jnutting72

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Slay em '
« Reply #154 on: Jan 09, 2011, 02:58 PM »
good day out on the pond today just under a bucket full some nice slobs
Hardest parts getting out there the rest is nothing

Offline RenshawBay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #155 on: Jan 09, 2011, 09:58 PM »
if you guys are paying 5 dollars to park you can pay me to park here right next to brennans ;D

Offline Tony13114

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #156 on: Jan 10, 2011, 07:08 AM »
im going out to the pond tomorrow any reports for bluegill

Offline lovetofish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #157 on: Jan 10, 2011, 12:52 PM »
I know this a question you guys hear all the time but..... I'm getting vex or marc. Or hummingbird.  I've done some research but still up in the air.  What's the biggest differents.  And why one over the other. I spending a lot of $. And I'm only doing it one time.  I want one good choice.  I'm figuring $400 to $500 range.  Thanx
Ps. went to the pond Sunday.  Got about 40 good one with two guys.  Not to bad.

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #158 on: Jan 10, 2011, 02:26 PM »
I have a marcum vx1pro and when I was asking around and doing research on them I found that it was the best bang for your buck. It also has ir to cancel out interference from the guy next to you and zoom which is clutch. My buddy has the more expensive one and I will tell you the lines are more exact but in my opinion it's not worth the extra $200. If you want to play with mine when I'm at the pond youre more then welcome to.
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline EddieRod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #159 on: Jan 10, 2011, 02:32 PM »
  Save some cash and look into a Lowrance X67c...

Offline orngcrush17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Nothing better than fishing memories
« Reply #160 on: Jan 10, 2011, 02:49 PM »
How far of a hard pull is it by hand to get out to decent fishing? Usually fish Sodus every weekend but I was thinking of giving Sandy a try? Thanks
Give a man a fish he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish he can eat for a lifetime.... take your kid fishing and never stop smiling.

Offline Mr. Jitterbugger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #161 on: Jan 10, 2011, 03:26 PM »
its not that bad of a pull maybe 150 yds to get into decent perch but you will want to go further

Offline NORTHWOODS

• IceShanty Rookie
  • guide
« Reply #162 on: Jan 10, 2011, 07:41 PM »
I know this a question you guys hear all the time but..... I'm getting vex or marc. Or hummingbird.  I've done some research but still up in the air.  What's the biggest differents.  And why one over the other. I spending a lot of $. And I'm only doing it one time.  I want one good choice.  I'm figuring $400 to $500 range.  Thanx
Ps. went to the pond Sunday.  Got about 40 good one with two guys.  Not to bad.

if you want to spend that much you should look into the m68c from lowrance i used it now for 3 years no problems at all and battery lasts for 4 days plus you have a gps in the unit!!!

that will make a nice sangwich!!!!!

Offline hbomb

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HERE FISHY FISHY
« Reply #163 on: Jan 11, 2011, 04:52 PM »
I fished the pond today,was alittle slow compared to the last time I was there but still managed 48 decent perch and 1 smallmoth and 1 bluegill.   Had pike around all day and saw 2 nice largemouth bass,   I had a great time,beats the heck out of working ;D :icefish:

Offline hbomb

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HERE FISHY FISHY
« Reply #164 on: Jan 11, 2011, 04:54 PM »
The ice is making,5-6" of good ice ;)

Offline Icehog22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #165 on: Jan 11, 2011, 06:33 PM »
went to elms today did alright pulled up some slobs!!!!!! FLAG!!!!!i pretty much sick of hearin that lol good luck

Offline Mooneye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #166 on: Jan 11, 2011, 06:50 PM »
Fished GP today.  Ice is about 6 inches, saw one snowmobile out.  Pretty easy walking, patches of bare ice in between hard packed snow.  Bare ice is slick,  cleats would be helpful.  Usual mix of perch, sunnies, and gills.  Nothing outstanding and no crappies.

Offline townzee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #167 on: Jan 11, 2011, 07:21 PM »
I will be heading out of the Elms around 7:00am tomorrow. If anyone wants to get together, I'll be driving a silver F 150, and fishing out of a clam Nanook.

Offline NORTHWOODS

• IceShanty Rookie
  • guide
« Reply #168 on: Jan 11, 2011, 07:31 PM »
Fished off wiggies today again little bit slow had a few good flurries of jumbo's at times but alot of down time they were very picky!!!!!!!!! fished right next to my holes from yesterday and we gained an inch last night now a couple more won't hurt tired of walking might lose weight!!!! not good luck guys !!!!! make sure you wear cleats that black stuff is slick 2 of my buddies wiped out yesterday said it hurt when they smacked their heads on the ice!!!!! maybe that will knock some sense into them i know one of them bought cleats this morning!!!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!
that will make a nice sangwich!!!!!

Offline FishTank19

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #169 on: Jan 11, 2011, 07:42 PM »
Fished off wiggies today again little bit slow had a few good flurries of jumbo's at times but alot of down time they were very picky!!!!!!!!! fished right next to my holes from yesterday and we gained an inch last night now a couple more won't hurt tired of walking might lose weight!!!! not good luck guys !!!!! make sure you wear cleats that black stuff is slick 2 of my buddies wiped out yesterday said it hurt when they smacked their heads on the ice!!!!! maybe that will knock some sense into them i know one of them bought cleats this morning!!!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!

Mark you should have followed me today I smacked em good.... busy all afternoon. Call me. Tom

Offline bigsunny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #170 on: Jan 11, 2011, 07:52 PM »
Many machines on the pond today?

Offline FishTank19

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #171 on: Jan 11, 2011, 07:53 PM »
Many machines on the pond today?

All over it... I have not walked yet this year...

Offline Tony13114

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #172 on: Jan 11, 2011, 09:36 PM »
ill be out tomorrow past wig wam in a clam summit would like to make a dew new friends on the ice swing by and say hi i will be there all day pounding the pearch again

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #173 on: Jan 12, 2011, 04:30 AM »
I was thinking about getting a donkey!

Offline FishTank19

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #174 on: Jan 12, 2011, 07:26 AM »
What do you have for a machine Tank?

An old olympique and a can am atv..

Offline iceplank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #175 on: Jan 12, 2011, 08:13 PM »
Any idea as to how much snow fell up there.heading up sat.just wondering how light I need to pack if there is a ton of snow.. appreciate any info.the ice checxk thread hasnt had much ice checking going on.be out there blue knit giants hat and full camos.hoping to get out about half mile nwest of wigwarm launch..can't wait!!
friends dont let friends fish dead holes.

Offline roeman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #176 on: Jan 13, 2011, 10:42 AM »
I will be heading out Friday and let you know.

Offline conesusguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #177 on: Jan 13, 2011, 03:56 PM »
Are the fish okay to eat out of Sandy Pond?  Charlotte is one of the most polluted spots on Lake Ontario.  Just something I have been wondering about, I may very well be wrong though.
This sport takes a certain amount of character in a man that we all should respect and take pride in.

Offline Mr. Jitterbugger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #178 on: Jan 13, 2011, 04:03 PM »
i hope so  :tipup:

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #179 on: Jan 13, 2011, 04:14 PM »
Been eating fish here for five years and still kickn

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.