New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Dutchess county ice!!!!!  (Read 22323 times)

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Dutchess county ice!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: Jan 07, 2010, 02:07 PM »
Thinking of hitting white pond on monday! Anyone wanna tag along or anyone with tips on this piece of h20????
that lake gets hammered, still lots of small panfish and small bass with and occasional walleye or pike

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #61 on: Jan 08, 2010, 11:07 PM »
Who's going where this weekend?  I might be meeting up with some friends at waley lake on sat, any suggestions for where to go?  I've never fished there before.  Where and with what?

Thanks

Kb
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline spremont

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Jan 09, 2010, 09:05 AM »
anybody know if the bait shop in wappingers falls is still open called but no answer thanks

Offline Red Hooker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Jan 10, 2010, 05:50 AM »
Fished Whaley yesterday,,,,,,,,,lots of pickeral and LMB just a few pearch. Nice day, a little windy at times.

Offline snakemansteve

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Jan 10, 2010, 08:12 AM »
Try the shop at Wappingers lake. Last year you had to make an appointment to get bait at the other place.

Offline johnnyboy8451234

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Jan 10, 2010, 09:15 AM »
I have been using the Shot Shop on rt 55 he has good weekend hours and after work hours during the week... if anyone wants i have his number in the truck and I will post it ... and he has all size shiners and some sawbellies and wax worms.. He is near where the AT crosse    rt 55. Since Bob sold fishermans world I dont even bother with Fishermans world.. dont like the atmosphere there anymore.. During the summer I drive right buy them to buy bait at Lakehouse on wappingers lake. To bad he closes for the winter..

Offline lake simon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • look familiar
« Reply #66 on: Jan 10, 2010, 10:26 AM »
How is upton lake doing. Anyone having any luck?[IMG]

Offline PEFD08

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Jan 11, 2010, 06:44 AM »
How is upton lake doing. Anyone having any luck?(Image removed from quote.)[IMG]
FISHED UPTON THIS WEEKEND CAUGHT SOME RAINBOWS,A FEW BASS,A FEW PICKEREL,JIGGED UP SOME SUNNIES BUT ONLY 1 PERCH.ABOUT 6 INCHES CLEAR ICE WITH A COUPLE INCHES OF SNOW ON TOP.

Offline chazmatic

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • go fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #68 on: Jan 14, 2010, 05:08 PM »
anybody been on upton lately??? , looking for place to take my son

Offline pondbass9787

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Jan 16, 2010, 11:43 AM »
I'm also interested in Upton.. I would LOVE to catch a trout through the ice but would have no idea what to do to have a chance at one. I don't have a vex or anything like that. I'm also having a tough time jigging even for panfish the past few times I've been out.. What do you guys mostly jig with that isn't live bait? When I don't have mealworms I tend to catch less even though I use a trout magnet to replace it. Thanks for any help and any reports on Upton or Sylvan for trout, I'd love to try it sometime!

Offline Red Hooker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Jan 17, 2010, 09:53 AM »
Fished Whaley yesterday with several friends........some nice LMB and pickeral on tip ups and we caught some nice size perch jigging. Slushy on top,,,but 5-6inches of good ice. By mid-day lots of sleds and 4 wheelers. What a day....40degree with blue sky and flags poppin.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Jan 17, 2010, 10:16 AM »
Hey, I was out there too.  Where were you set up?  I was just off the marina ramp.  Picked up some lmb and some nice pickerel.  Perch were playing hard to get.

Offline maddbmxjumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Jan 17, 2010, 12:10 PM »
anyone have any ice condition reports from today? gonna try to get out tomorrow

Offline Red Hooker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #73 on: Jan 17, 2010, 05:25 PM »
KB,,,was 1/2 way down from Marina on east side. Fishing 10-15' of water...left around 1:30PM. You get out todday?

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Jan 17, 2010, 06:36 PM »
No I didn't make it out today.    Wish I did though. 

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bowhunter first, everything else second.
« Reply #75 on: Jan 18, 2010, 11:45 AM »
Plenty of ice (5-6") on Sylvan. These temps the next few days obviously won't help though.  Just be safe and treat it like new ice when heading out. I watched the fire dept doing ice rescue the other day in a close man made pond, at least they are prepared! Too bad there isn't a course we could take like that so all would know exactly what to do from actual experience.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Jan 18, 2010, 01:51 PM »
I like to bring some rope and an anchor in the early, thaw ,and late season as a precaution.   For myself I usually have some ice spikes on ice I'm unsure of.  Aside from that, I usually let someone else go first....
:-)

Kb

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #77 on: Jan 18, 2010, 02:20 PM »
Good call Kb!   ;D

Offline maddbmxjumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Jan 18, 2010, 05:25 PM »
Fished long pond in clinton corners again today, plenty of ice left (about 8") with an inch or so of slush on top.

Offline Hayner12578

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #79 on: Jan 19, 2010, 08:42 AM »
Have not been to long pond yet this year.  Usually fish the south side,  walk to the left as you walk onto the ice until it opens up then hit the east side across from Omega.   Been hit and miss.  Anyone ever fish the other end with any luck?

Thanks

Offline Red Hooker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #80 on: Jan 19, 2010, 09:25 AM »
Thanks for the report on Long Pond.........any luck? I have been on Whaley last couple of Saturday's ,,,,did well on 1/16 with the perch. lots of LMB and pickeral on tip-ups :tipup:

Offline maddbmxjumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Jan 19, 2010, 11:07 AM »
Have not been to long pond yet this year.  Usually fish the south side,  walk to the left as you walk onto the ice until it opens up then hit the east side across from Omega.   Been hit and miss.  Anyone ever fish the other end with any luck?

Thanks

I fished the deep rock point on the south side last monday for about 2 hrs, got 3 lmb, 3 pickerel and jigged about 15 gills. Yesterday there were some guys that already beat me to the spot, so i fished the north end. Theres a channel that runs directly down the middle (north to south). Deepest i found was about 8-9'. Had 3 flags, missed 2 and got 1 decent pickerel. Jigged a decent perch and about 25 bluegills. Does anyone know if Mr. Hartley still rents the boats during the summer? Ive heard that the small "boat rental" sign is gone and his driveway is chained off?

Offline Red Hooker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #82 on: Jan 20, 2010, 03:58 PM »
Anyone fish today? How was ice? Thinking of getting out tomorrow or Friday.

Offline PEFD08

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #83 on: Jan 21, 2010, 06:44 AM »

I fished the deep rock point on the south side last monday for about 2 hrs, got 3 lmb, 3 pickerel and jigged about 15 gills. Yesterday there were some guys that already beat me to the spot, so i fished the north end. Theres a channel that runs directly down the middle (north to south). Deepest i found was about 8-9'. Had 3 flags, missed 2 and got 1 decent pickerel. Jigged a decent perch and about 25 bluegills. Does anyone know if Mr. Hartley still rents the boats during the summer? Ive heard that the small "boat rental" sign is gone and his driveway is chained off?
MADDBMXJUMPER WE STOPPED BY LONG POND SUN. AFTERNOON TO CHECK OUT THE LAKE,DIDN'T FISH IT,JUST TO LOOK AROUND.FIRST TIME THERE.ANY INFO ON WHY THERE IS ROOM FOR 5 OR 6 CARS YET THERE ARE SIGNS POSTED 3 CARS MAX???

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #84 on: Jan 21, 2010, 01:24 PM »
3" on Sylvan and pretty quiet, use caution.

Offline nefarious

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #85 on: Jan 21, 2010, 02:05 PM »
wow 3" huh?  i was going to stop through there on my way home from work today: glad I didn't.  Monday there was 6".  Crazy how it quickly it diminishes...  These temperatures are ridiculous.  It needs to get cold already!!!  I guess I'll have to take that trip up to Sullivan County this weekend...

Offline Hayner12578

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Jan 21, 2010, 02:10 PM »
Thanks for the info BMX.

The south end is where my buddy and I always go with the same amount of luck every year.

Hoping to get out Saturday for a few hours.  Hpe Upton still has good ice.  Warm weather sucks.  Monday suppose to 50 and rain!

Offline Red Hooker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #87 on: Jan 21, 2010, 03:42 PM »
Thanks for the info

Offline maddbmxjumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #88 on: Jan 21, 2010, 05:17 PM »
MADDBMXJUMPER WE STOPPED BY LONG POND SUN. AFTERNOON TO CHECK OUT THE LAKE,DIDN'T FISH IT,JUST TO LOOK AROUND.FIRST TIME THERE.ANY INFO ON WHY THERE IS ROOM FOR 5 OR 6 CARS YET THERE ARE SIGNS POSTED 3 CARS MAX???
Not sure, my geuss is they just dont want alot of people there. Everytime Ive been there my car is the only one in the lot. I kinda like it like that, keeps the pressure down.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #89 on: Jan 22, 2010, 06:44 AM »
Looks like the cold is slowly coming back.  How does the ice look for the weekend

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.