New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandy pond  (Read 28986 times)

Offline goonboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Sandy pond
« Reply #30 on: Dec 18, 2009, 05:57 PM »
check the elms yest there was 5inches were i fish there but make sure  u check your way out
lets rip some lips its time to fish

Offline cnyiceboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Die hard
« Reply #31 on: Dec 18, 2009, 06:31 PM »
Can someone give a solid report on the elms? I know you say 5 inches were you fish but I dont wnt to intrude on someones fishing grounds
A good day fishing inst complete unless it's spent with family or friends.

Offline goonboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 18, 2009, 07:04 PM »
Can someone give a solid report on the elms? I know you say 5 inches were you fish but I dont wnt to intrude on someones fishing grounds
it should be ok were every one goes on there i walked almost 200yards out it stayed the same and there were 2 of us standing side by side the ice didn't move my one friend is 240 he jump on it not a crack or anything just be careful by the docks in that area

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • AT THE SOUND OF MY NAME, FISH TREMBLE!
« Reply #33 on: Dec 18, 2009, 11:02 PM »
Hey Pond Skipper, I got on the ice at Blind Creek ramp. Cut hole 100  yards from shore (4"), continued cutting holes till I was in 7'  of water. All holes showed 4" of ice. I killed them. Caught my normal dinks, but managed to keep (40) between 8" and 11 ". Off the ice by 3:00. Just finished cleaning, am now eating the fruits of my labor ( pleasure). A beautiful day. Were you over at WigWam? Saw a little activity over there but not much. I was the lone wolf on my side. I will hit it again tomorrow. Woody got his minnow delivery at noon. He was loading spike tubes this evening. He is ready for the onslaught. See you tomorrow, tite lines.
Thats great. I think I will be out for a while in the mourning. I will be out sunday mourning for sure.

Offline crappyfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • no, it's not spelled wrong, I'm just not any good
« Reply #34 on: Dec 18, 2009, 11:17 PM »
where is the Blind Creek ramp? I am hoping to hit the ice on Monday but if the Elms are blocked and Wigwam closed I don't know any other public access point. I never catch anything but enjoy freezing my arse off.

Offline BJSClamMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Dec 18, 2009, 11:42 PM »
Hey Clam Man, happy B'day. You going to be front of wigwam or on north end.  I'll look for ya. Does beer freeze? Traveling light, pole bucket and hand auger. Don't trust the 4 wheeler yet. You watch though, they'll be out tomorrow. Should be 6" by tomorow. Good clear nite.

Sweet Bogey  ! ..  The Texan with me should be fishing with Jack Daniels.. We will be in the Clam 6800 off the Wam . !

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #36 on: Dec 19, 2009, 12:00 AM »
where is the Blind Creek ramp? I am hoping to hit the ice on Monday but if the Elms are blocked and Wigwam closed I don't know any other public access point. I never catch anything but enjoy freezing my arse off.
  I've parked at wig wam's when there closed many times, if he sees your vehicle, he'll catch ya later for the jing!!
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline crappyfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • no, it's not spelled wrong, I'm just not any good
« Reply #37 on: Dec 19, 2009, 01:49 AM »
thanks for the tip

Offline goonboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 19, 2009, 08:05 AM »
its not public u have to know someone that lives down there to be able to park its all private  ;D

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Dec 19, 2009, 08:11 AM »
   Hey GOON!!

Offline rm680

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Dec 19, 2009, 08:16 AM »
Is the elms parking lot closed for ther season, or just until the ground freezes harder?

Offline goonboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Dec 19, 2009, 08:18 AM »

Offline rlowery

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Dec 19, 2009, 10:20 AM »
Anyone fish Greene Pt. yet, thinking of going out tomorrow? Hows the ice that way?
"Don't take any wooden nickels"
Oswego,NY  CU Alum ~Go Golden Knights~

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Dec 19, 2009, 10:34 AM »
Can we get on the ice at the elms? Whats this I hear about the elms parking lot being closed? I need to get my fix tomorrow I was hoping I could stay closer to home (sterling pond or blind sodus) but ill head up there if the ice isnt thick enough for me at them 2 spots...
It'll eat.

Offline goonboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Dec 19, 2009, 11:24 AM »
Anyone fish Greene Pt. yet, thinking of going out tomorrow? Hows the ice that way?
they wont let anyone on i think till after x-mas  they want it to be safe

Offline BJSClamMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Dec 19, 2009, 11:28 AM »
Can we get on the ice at the elms? Whats this I hear about the elms parking lot being closed? I need to get my fix tomorrow I was hoping I could stay closer to home (sterling pond or blind sodus) but ill head up there if the ice isnt thick enough for me at them 2 spots...

I dont know anything about the lot being closed. I was up there this past Sunday doing         " recon"   .  I can tell you that  along the shore near the elms there are some "barriers"  up .  The cedar shake house to the left has rolled thier dock accross thier property . They did this late last season after discovering thier property had gotten pretty ripped up by sleds and ATV's...  There are also some additional shore barriers there as well .
 I for one will pay the 5 bones to Mr Wigwam. or the Marina if I decide to go there...

Offline fishhead4268

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • LOVE THEM SLABS!!!!!!!
« Reply #46 on: Dec 19, 2009, 11:39 AM »
The gentleman that owns the house that everyone walked thru his yard to get on the ice doesnt waqnt people walking, quads,and sleds going thru that portion of his yard, have to go to the right of the big stump and then down the small bank to the right of the little ramp.  if we dont follow this simple request they may not let us get on the ice down at the elms anymore.  It only takes a few bad apples to ruin the bag!  I will be cheking the ice down on the pond daily after the weekend is over since I live 3 minutes away.  Hope to see you all on the ice really soon
I FISH, THEREFORE I AM, IN SEARCH OF THE HEDI MOGIN !!!!HAVE ROD WILL TRAVEL!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/Fishhead4268/IceShanty_Banner21.png

Offline rlowery

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Dec 19, 2009, 02:27 PM »
The gentleman that owns the house that everyone walked thru his yard to get on the ice doesnt waqnt people walking, quads,and sleds going thru that portion of his yard, have to go to the right of the big stump and then down the small bank to the right of the little ramp.  if we dont follow this simple request they may not let us get on the ice down at the elms anymore.  It only takes a few bad apples to ruin the bag!  I will be cheking the ice down on the pond daily after the weekend is over since I live 3 minutes away.  Hope to see you all on the ice really soon
So this means we can park/fish off the elms, just have to walk around the one guy's yard to get on?

How has the fishing been off the Wigwam, im gonna try to get out in the morning(i'm in a fishtrap guide)
"Don't take any wooden nickels"
Oswego,NY  CU Alum ~Go Golden Knights~

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Dec 19, 2009, 04:18 PM »
Yeah I remember the dock he layed across the yard last year. I always went to the right of it before he even put it out. Hey how much ice is there off the elms and how far are guys going out? I dont wanna drive up there from fulton if im not even gonna feel comfortable out on the ice...
It'll eat.

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • AT THE SOUND OF MY NAME, FISH TREMBLE!
« Reply #49 on: Dec 19, 2009, 04:34 PM »
So this means we can park/fish off the elms, just have to walk around the one guy's yard to get on?

How has the fishing been off the Wigwam, im gonna try to get out in the morning(i'm in a fishtrap guide)
I fished the wigwam today did very good. me and my little guy fished for two hours and kept 15 over 9 inches.

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Dec 19, 2009, 04:56 PM »
hey pondskipper what were the ice conditions? How much black ice? I have never been off the wigwam only the elms? Its before the elms coming from fulton right
It'll eat.

Offline BJSClamMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Dec 19, 2009, 05:03 PM »
Yup . turn left at the blinking  yellow light .  About  There is a retaurant on the SW  corner..    The Wigwam is about a miles or so down the road

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #52 on: Dec 19, 2009, 05:28 PM »
i fished out of the elms this morning from 7:30am to 11am. 5" of ice but the fishing was slow. we caught about 12 keepers between 9"-11" but they completely shut off around 10am. anybody else plan on going up there tomorrow? i will be up there again by 7am to try it. I think that front that was coming uo from the south might have messed things up today. I talked to a guy that was uo there yesterday and he said that he caught 40 keepers over 9".
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Dec 19, 2009, 05:48 PM »
Hey Warren was it black ice or snow ice?
It'll eat.

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #54 on: Dec 19, 2009, 06:11 PM »
it was solid black ice-looks like a good start for sure for the ice conditions. no worries about the ice just need to find the fish.
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Dec 19, 2009, 07:02 PM »
How many of ya guys are hittin the wigwam tomorrow? Hopin to meet a few of you guys. Talked my cousin into goin finally so we'll be out there. Drive a red chevy blazer with a crack in the bumper. Gonna be in my blue 2 man fish trap. Wearing a camo coat. Also where do I pay?
It'll eat.

Offline BJSClamMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Dec 19, 2009, 07:11 PM »
If its the same as last year , if you get there early they put a slip on your car and you can sqaure up when you come off the ice.. If you come there during business hours just go into the bar area pay your five bones and they give you a slip to put on your dash ..

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Dec 19, 2009, 09:52 PM »
Don't forget they will take the 5 bux off a lunch check, I think 1 of their bar burgers with chips is 4.95 and it a good one. Great place if you are there when they are serving lunch, o my.

cny

Offline flyguyonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Dec 19, 2009, 10:17 PM »
Cheifcatchemall- I'll be out there in the morning.  Can only stay till 11 or 12.  I'll be in black bibs with a brown carhartt jacket if I'm not inside me silver Shappell.  Stop by and say Hi if you see me.
The fishing's better when everything is hard.

"Everyone's got a plan until they get punched in the mouth"

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Dec 19, 2009, 11:49 PM »
How many of ya guys are hittin the wigwam tomorrow? Hopin to meet a few of you guys. Talked my cousin into goin finally so we'll be out there. Drive a red chevy blazer with a crack in the bumper. Gonna be in my blue 2 man fish trap. Wearing a camo coat. Also where do I pay?
   Good luck on the pond Chief, I'll be on there Monday since Oneida won't freeze!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.