The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: closest walleye to missoula?  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Tof38

• IceShanty Rookie
closest walleye to missoula?
« on: Feb 12, 2014, 10:46 AM »
Would like to get into some walleye close to home(haha), im guessing CF, hauser, or holter are prob it.  Whats the best of the 3?   Only have fished holter for bows. Have always done well with trout, time to broaden the horizon. Thanks guys

Offline Robbi

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: closest walleye to missoula?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2014, 01:20 PM »
Holter is good and lot's of people can help with the where and how's.  Don't know personally, but north to Noxon would be closer for you I think.......and from what I hear the walleye bite there is getting good enough that FWP wants to wipe them out........other guys with better knowledge of that will be in here I'm sure.  I like Hauser myself, less people and when it's on, it's really good.......Francis and Tiber are my hangouts........so if you ever take that trip, get a hold of me and I'll try to steer you in a good direction.......

Offline BigSage

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whack'm n Stack'm
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2014, 01:29 PM »
Noxon and Houser are about the same distance, but I would much rather drive the road to Helena than the road to Noxon.  Especially early in the morning

Offline Tof38

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2014, 01:52 PM »
Thanks guys, the road to noxon is always fun in the winter hehe.  I'll prob hit holter tomorrow, let you guys know how it goes. Robbi, i usually go through your neck of the woods on the way to work, always think of throwing the gear in and hit one of those lakes, or even nelson or FP...just got to get my driving partner to think the same thing...

Offline badlandspc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2014, 11:49 PM »
There are walleye in Noxon, but you won't catch many. It is not a quantity lake for walleye, but they do catch nice ones from time to time.

Offline Tof38

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2014, 12:23 AM »
Theres enough perch, bass, and pike in noxon to keep a guy busy anyways...trout too

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.