The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lowrance x67c issues...  (Read 1337 times)

Offline HolePounder

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lowrance x67c issues...
« on: Dec 14, 2013, 10:26 PM »
My x67c started flashing zero on the depth the other day and I thought it was a weak battery,now its still doing it with battery charged,an ideas?
Catch and release,into BACON GREASE!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Re: Lowrance x67c issues...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2013, 11:33 PM »
Did you go into the menu and turn off the depth, then turn off the entire unit, turn the unit back on, then turn on the depth again ?

If that helps, good.  If not, the next best thing to do is call Lowrance.  M. thru F.  8:30AM to 4:45 PM CST  @   1 (800)628-4487

They may have you do a "Factory re-set", as that seems to clear up most anomalies.     ;)2

Good luck. Would you please post here the results ?    Thanx.

Offline MTangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Here fishy fishy fishy.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2013, 07:03 PM »
My elite 4 was doing that today ???  I have never had the issue with the x67c tho. The screen is starting to go on the x67c after 3 years.

MTA

Offline B bob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2013, 08:02 PM »
I had the same problem on mine 2years ago and did everything from buying a new ducer to calling the factory multiple times.  They did the factory reset twice but still didn't do anything. It seemed to happen only when it was in the cold elements for a while then when warm it worked fine.  The only way I solved the problem was sold it and got a vexlar.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2013, 08:55 PM »
Hmm, not much can be done to warm the 'ducer. But, maybe a "shake-up bag type hand warmer in the bag, behind the unit ?   

Offline B bob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2013, 09:23 PM »
The only reason I think the cold affected it was I used it all summer for my boat fish finder and never had a problem.  The other issue I had was that I couldn't fish near anyone else cause it didn't have a very good interference reducer.  You might want to try the reset option cause that's what the factory guys told me many times.  It was easy and you can look up the steps online.  But I hate to say that it did nothing for mine it just seemed to work only when the machine wanted to. 

Offline albo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2013, 10:31 AM »
Mine has acted the same way a couple of times. I pull the transducer out of the water and rub it on my carhartt pants and this usually fixes the problem
if you're too busy to go fishing, you're too busy

Offline HolePounder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2013, 11:42 AM »
Thanx guys ill try that.
Catch and release,into BACON GREASE!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.