New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: lake pleasant  (Read 1904 times)

Offline pgachef

• Team IceShanty Regular
lake pleasant
« on: Feb 17, 2010, 10:31 AM »
anyone fishing the tourney on lake pleasant on saturday??

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • AT THE SOUND OF MY NAME, FISH TREMBLE!
Re: lake pleasant
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2010, 10:35 AM »
I have heard about that place hows the fishing there?

Offline jackfrost

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2010, 01:28 PM »
Myself and about 10 other guys will be fishing the tournament on Saturday. We fish it every year ;D
Fishing is ok. About 10 years ago it was common to pull 20-25" browns and rainbows. It has not been as productive the last few years.
The tournament is great and always a good time.
If you go you wont miss us we are the loud guys wearing the shirts that say Piseco Pirates ;D ;D

Offline pgachef

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2010, 02:36 PM »
Myself and about 10 other guys will be fishing the tournament on Saturday. We fish it every year ;D
Fishing is ok. About 10 years ago it was common to pull 20-25" browns and rainbows. It has not been as productive the last few years.
The tournament is great and always a good time.
If you go you wont miss us we are the loud guys wearing the shirts that say Piseco Pirates ;D ;D
See you up there. We will have a red atv and a camo one with a 2 man blue shappel. good luck

Offline Johnny3Walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2010, 10:48 AM »
Is lake pleasant connected to Sacandaga Lake?  We are fishing Sacandaga for the second time this Saturday (tomorrow).
J3W
P.S Last time we did well with perch but no trout or Walleye.  Any suggestions for catching trout on Sacandaga?

Offline OGGYDOGGY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH ON!!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2010, 10:57 AM »
Is lake pleasant connected to Sacandaga Lake?  We are fishing Sacandaga for the second time this Saturday (tomorrow).
J3W
P.S Last time we did well with perch but no trout or Walleye.  Any suggestions for catching trout on Sacandaga?
I have caught them in 40' fow 1 foot off the bot. and just under the ice with shiners and icicles. Put some in shore in shallow water also.Youll be very lucky to catch an eye.

Offline LastCast69

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2010, 11:31 AM »
to catch trout in sacandauga you need to
1. pack up all your gear nice and neat
2. get in your vehicle
3. drive to any lake with trout that isnt dauga

;)

Offline pgachef

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 19, 2010, 02:27 PM »
J3W
I have caught alot of trout there.But no walleye YET! The trout are all over the lake DO NOT fish deep like everyone thinks.Fish in about 9ft to 20ft some on bottom all the way to 2ft under ice with tipups. Or jig with blue or green halis you will catch perch then the slammer trout. good luck post the pictures!

Offline ADK NH GUY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 19, 2010, 02:35 PM »
My Family owns a House on Sacandaga and there are plenty of trout in there. Eye's are another story.  A 24" Brown 6LBs was taken out of there last weekend.  Its connected to Pleasant.  Wish I were doing the Derby this year but I am not able to make it home until Sunday.  We are heading back there for the week and I plan on fishing Sacandaga and Piseco all week.  If anyone's around you'll likely see my Frabil Portable out there on the lake all by itself.  Feel free to come by and say hello.

A mans Shanty is his Castle

Offline Johnny3Walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 19, 2010, 08:24 PM »
I have caught alot of trout there.But no walleye YET! The trout are all over the lake DO NOT fish deep like everyone thinks.Fish in about 9ft to 20ft some on bottom all the way to 2ft under ice with tipups. Or jig with blue or green halis you will catch perch then the slammer trout. good luck post the pictures!

Guys,
Thanks for the info.  I will let you know how we make out.  Good luck and tight lines.
J3W

Offline Johnny3Walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 22, 2010, 07:53 AM »
Guys,
Final total from Saturday on Sacandaga Lake.  26 keeper perch (bigest was 14 1/4" with two others at 14").  We also ended up catching 5 bass as well.  Zero trout and we did catch a few perch on the hali lure that was recommended.  Had to make a bait run mid day.  Thanks for your help guys.  Tight lines.
J3W

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 22, 2010, 11:39 AM »
Back to the tourney at the lake. 200 entries with only one trout all day. Like i said in my thread. Thats disgusting. Maybe next year they should pay out more for perch and pickeral.

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 22, 2010, 12:12 PM »
whats even worse than 1 trout being caught is the $25 or $30 entry fee for a $2000 dollar payout! seems to me someone or multiple people are lining their pockets, cause the buffet isn't that good either

Offline ominousone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 22, 2010, 11:27 PM »
That tournament is to benefit the local fishing game club.  Also they did change the payout to much more heavy on the perch.  I believe they gave a prize every hour for perch, maybe it was even 3 places per hour for perch.

Offline pgachef

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 23, 2010, 06:25 PM »
Guys,
Final total from Saturday on Sacandaga Lake.  26 keeper perch (bigest was 14 1/4" with two others at 14").  We also ended up catching 5 bass as well.  Zero trout and we did catch a few perch on the hali lure that was recommended.  Had to make a bait run mid day.  Thanks for your help guys.  Tight lines.
J3W
good job!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.