Author Topic: how to ice fish burbot  (Read 1020 times)

Offline AHopper

• IceShanty Rookie
how to ice fish burbot
« on: Feb 18, 2020, 09:33 PM »
if you are wanting to learn how to ice fish for burbot then this video i made may be for you. if you have the time to watch the video and like and subscribe that would be awesome. hope you enjoy the video. good luck and tight line
&t=73s
Adam Hopper

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: how to ice fish burbot
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2020, 09:46 PM »
Nice, very informative. If crayfish are in a lake, crayfish plastics and scent works great also.

Offline gorf37

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2020, 11:18 PM »
Way to go AHopper, I checked out your video when you posted it to the Burbot Hunters FB group.  I also run the Ugly Stick GX2 for burbot and also use the STS Seagar leader, although I prefer mono mainline.

Offline MT Tag Filler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When the tags are filled you can bet Im on the ice
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2020, 07:22 AM »
Very informative video. My question to you is how big of burbot are you catching with those honking lures? I’ve had great success with just a 3/8 oz buckshot glow spoon tipped with sucker or crawlers. Majority of burbot I catch are on the much smaller side.

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2020, 09:04 AM »
The only way I ever knew how to catch a burbot was to go fishing for walleye and the burbot always seemed to bite.  Up at LOW we usually hook into a few of these.  Its always a fun fight, thinking you have a large walleye on - everyone gets excited, then the line starts to go in circles and you know what you have on the other end. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2020, 09:08 AM »
Dead bait on the bottom.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.