The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: New girl  (Read 3651 times)

Offline flyfshrwmn

• IceShanty Rookie
New girl
« on: Mar 06, 2007, 02:24 PM »
Hey y'all. I'm a newbie and thought I would sorta introduce myself. All that requires, really is one line:

Ex-lt's little seester :) I'm been reading the board for a little while now and though I can't ice fish where I live (bad old Oklahoma), I do love to fish, and ice fishing at least sounds interesting. Last time I did anything on the water though, it was with flies, not augers.

Anyway, glad to meet all of you  :-*

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
Re: New girl
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2007, 02:25 PM »
Welcome Honey  ;D
                                       Donnie

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2007, 02:30 PM »
welcome to the big show!
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2007, 03:11 PM »
Hey y'all. I'm a newbie and thought I would sorta introduce myself. All that requires, really is one line:

Ex-lt's little seester :)

We feel for ya!!!  :roflmao:

Well you could have worse for a big brudda but I'm sure ya kept him on his toes when he was a young'n. Any stories of ex-LT ya'd care to share???  :whistle:

Welcome to ya flyfishrwmn! I do miss my bucketmouth bass from the midwest though...

~ G

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2007, 03:19 PM »
Welcome to the coolest show on earth. You may not Ice fish much now, but given some time in IS, and you'll be headed to the snow in no time.
Stay on the dry side of the ice, and keep the line tight! :)

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2007, 03:33 PM »

Ex-lt's little seester :) I'm been reading the board for a little while now and though I can't ice fish where I live (bad old Oklahoma), I do love to fish, and ice fishing at least sounds interesting. Last time I did anything on the water though, it was with flies, not augers.

Anyway, glad to meet all of you  :-*

Funny you mentioned Bad old Oklahoma, I lived down there for 3 years in one of the 'burbs of OKC and my choice of words after that ordeal was on par or worse....not a state I'd return to again....Esox
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline flyfshrwmn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 2007, 03:42 PM »
Welcome Honey  ;D
                                       Donnie

;D Thankee sweetie ;)

Offline flyfshrwmn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 06, 2007, 03:45 PM »

Well you could have worse for a big brudda but I'm sure ya kept him on his toes when he was a young'n. Any stories of ex-LT ya'd care to share???  :whistle:

Welcome to ya flyfishrwmn! I do miss my bucketmouth bass from the midwest though...

~ G

I'll hafta see if I can't remember some ;)

flockshot

« Reply #8 on: Mar 06, 2007, 03:46 PM »
the world needs more ladies who flyfish! welcome from and eastern fly guy forced to take on the ice in the winter!

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
« Reply #9 on: Mar 06, 2007, 03:50 PM »
Welcome aboard.  Pull up a bucket and mind you don't sit too close to the heater, jackets smell bad when melting

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline flyfshrwmn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Mar 06, 2007, 03:52 PM »
Welcome to the coolest show on earth. You may not Ice fish much now, but given some time in IS, and you'll be headed to the snow in no time.
Stay on the dry side of the ice, and keep the line tight! :)

Heh, thank you :) Now if that's advice, you'll have to repeat it when I get to the ice ;) Spring is on its weary way here, and as I see from reading the board, it is for your guys too.

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 06, 2007, 03:57 PM »
Heh, thank you :) Now if that's advice, you'll have to repeat it when I get to the ice ;) Spring is on its weary way here, and as I see from reading the board, it is for your guys too.
Quite witty, like a kitty, and yes of course we will repeat with no remorse. :D
 :tipup: :tipup:

Offline flyfshrwmn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Mar 06, 2007, 04:01 PM »
the world needs more ladies who flyfish! welcome from and eastern fly guy forced to take on the ice in the winter!

I agree! :) Just a shame that I can't do more of it myself.  As Donnie can attest there ain't nothing here except for brown gunky water, not fit for a trout to swim in. Lots of noodling going on here, but you wouldn't catch me dead hungry doin that.

I learned how long ago in upper New York state in the Adirondacks, on the Jay and around Lake Placid. Beautiful country, not many fish though. Rivers were all but fished out when I was last there.

Offline john t.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 06, 2007, 04:01 PM »
Welcome, the return of spring just means you have to move farther north ;D :tipup:

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 06, 2007, 04:10 PM »

Any stories of ex-LT ya'd care to share???  :whistle:

~ G

Hmmmm...that story-tellin' cuts both ways  :whistle:  :roflmao:

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Mar 06, 2007, 05:47 PM »
As Donnie can attest there ain't nothing here except for brown gunky water, not fit for a trout to swim in. Lots of noodling going on here, but you wouldn't catch me dead hungry doin that.

Ah yes noodlin'... Grabbin' cats... Ticklin' fish... What memories that brings back to me. Not much else will take place of the excitement of your first 25lb+ flathead grabbed out from under a river washout. Well, er, maybe one other thing does...  ;)2

In fact, I'd like to see Mr. Big Ice put up his jigs, tip-ups and those "make me jealous" walleye's fer a trip back home and some good ol' fashioned noodlin'! Bring that 'skimmer guitar" though Big Ice!  :D

~ G

Offline wyohunter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Mar 06, 2007, 08:10 PM »
flyfshrwmn,
Welcome, you will definitely have to make a road trip or two this way and make that big brother of yours take you fishin. I know he has a few secret spots he might just share with you. :D

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #17 on: Mar 06, 2007, 10:17 PM »
flyfshrwmn, Welcome! Great to have you!  You know this already, but you are a very lucky sister to have such a great brother like Don. We are all equally lucky to have him as our brother, and Godfather, He is the Wyoming's Ice Shanty Glue! He is truly the Godfather!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Mar 06, 2007, 10:35 PM »
Hmmmmm...you obviously have missed my latest post, Mr. Big Ice...that's sure to change your mind about me  >:D :whistle: (Hey, thanks, that was nice.)
                                                    Th' "Don"  ;D

Offline Bassfishin1983

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin Till The Day I Die!
« Reply #19 on: Mar 07, 2007, 07:38 AM »
Welcome to Iceshanty. Hope you have fun. Good luck and keep your bait movin.
Its Just A Way Of Life, Some People Just Dont Understand.

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
« Reply #20 on: Mar 07, 2007, 11:38 AM »
ex-lt

You didn't tell me about your sister

LOL

Welcome

Take everything with a grain of salt around here

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Offline flyfshrwmn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Mar 07, 2007, 03:16 PM »
Ah yes noodlin'... Grabbin' cats... Ticklin' fish... What memories that brings back to me. Not much else will take place of the excitement of your first 25lb+ flathead grabbed out from under a river washout. Well, er, maybe one other thing does...  ;)2

In fact, I'd like to see Mr. Big Ice put up his jigs, tip-ups and those "make me jealous" walleye's fer a trip back home and some good ol' fashioned noodlin'! Bring that 'skimmer guitar" though Big Ice!  :D

~ G

*laughs* I thought I'd -die- the first time my nephew -- dragonmaster's son -- told me about noodlin' and drug out a picture of a 75# something or other. Can't recall the name of that thing, but he caught it up on the Spring river, I think, going up towards Missouri. Caught several, I think... gave me the heebee's, I'll tell you.

Offline flyfshrwmn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Mar 07, 2007, 03:18 PM »
flyfshrwmn,
Welcome, you will definitely have to make a road trip or two this way and make that big brother of yours take you fishin. I know he has a few secret spots he might just share with you. :D

I wish I could, but it'll have to wait til I get my driving legs back ;) I went through there once, long time ago, back when I was driving a truck for a living. No fishing though, and got lucky to spend an hour ot two before the road called me back. I know he's got his welcome sign out for me though ;)

Offline flyfshrwmn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Mar 07, 2007, 03:20 PM »
flyfshrwmn, Welcome! Great to have you!  You know this already, but you are a very lucky sister to have such a great brother like Don. We are all equally lucky to have him as our brother, and Godfather, He is the Wyoming's Ice Shanty Glue! He is truly the Godfather!

I do know it indeed, and he been da godfadder around our house for a long time now ;)

Offline flyfshrwmn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Mar 07, 2007, 03:21 PM »
ex-lt

You didn't tell me about your sister

LOL

Welcome

Take everything with a grain of salt around here

Sounds like sage advice about a lot of things lately :)

Offline flyfshrwmn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Mar 07, 2007, 03:22 PM »
Welcome to Iceshanty. Hope you have fun. Good luck and keep your bait movin.

More sage advice :) Thanks for the great welcome, guys!

fly out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.