New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: New York IS Gathering 2012!!!  (Read 21120 times)

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: New York IS Gathering 2012!!!
« Reply #90 on: Feb 04, 2012, 12:29 PM »
awesome...cant wait.

i tihnk we should all stick a stick in the ground with a banner with our screen names on it by near wherever we fish..LMAO!!!!!  or name tags on our carhartt's..lol..just kidding.!!!! we can have a a "meet and greet"...

quick question...as you walk off the boat launch, where will everyone most likely be set up? right there in front, to the right after bridge, or left between train tressel?

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #91 on: Feb 04, 2012, 12:31 PM »
combsey..im in for the beer spilling contest..j/k...what do u mean by turning the ice green?

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #92 on: Feb 04, 2012, 01:48 PM »
I have hydro glow. Green lights for night fishing. 
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline Damonspeeds

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Feb 04, 2012, 02:02 PM »
Also any easy way to find your spot in the night I am learning.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #94 on: Feb 04, 2012, 06:14 PM »
15 POUND MONO PIKE FISHERMAN............. .. WHAT'S UP !

:o
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #95 on: Feb 04, 2012, 07:28 PM »
lol...thats was a cool pic, does it really help, or is it just for vision?

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #96 on: Feb 04, 2012, 07:39 PM »
After 2 hours I had 3 feet of fish under me the first night.  The second time wasn't as good but we managed some nice crappies
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #97 on: Feb 04, 2012, 09:12 PM »
Stoked you can make it Uncle D!
Congrats on being the first person to make me edit a post on this thread. ;D
Hope noone wants to beat me up for deleting posts.  :P

I've got some meat and rolls covered. Does anyone else want to bring some food?
I'll try and keep a list of who and what so noone doubles up.

For all of us that have fished there, Where do you guys think?
Pike brook does have more elbow room for fisherman once you get on the lake, but if you get there after 8 you'll be parking a 1/2 mile up the road. I couldn't believe the amount of cars lining the road today. With Lake George not having much safe ice these other well known spots are getting hit a lot harder.  The parking around the launch is a lot easier, but we have more room to roam at the other end. Combsey? Dfuller? anyone else want to pipe in. 
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline fishnmachine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #98 on: Feb 04, 2012, 11:15 PM »
(IMO) I think in front of the launch is the wiser choice simply due to parking. There may not be as much room to fish, but the intent is a gathering. No need to "poff" the residents. That and a buck will get you a cup of coffee at Mickey D's.  :tipup:
                           One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #99 on: Feb 04, 2012, 11:43 PM »
(IMO) I think in front of the launch is the wiser choice simply due to parking. There may not be as much room to fish, but the intent is a gathering. No need to "poff" the residents. That and a buck will get you a cup of coffee at Mickey D's.  :tipup:
Good call. An extra 10-15 vehicles down there wouldn't make us any friends.
That will make us the easiest to find also. We'll be somewhere visible from the boat launch, sure to keep it reasonable walking distance. I've got a black Ice Cube hub and Combsey has a blue Shapell hub. Im sure there will be 3 or 4 more portables in the immediate area. Hopefully with fish already in our buckets from the night before. ;D

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
« Reply #100 on: Feb 05, 2012, 06:16 AM »
ill bring the venison! ive got 4 staps to cook up! i cant wait to care some people into thinking theres aliens under the ice!

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #101 on: Feb 05, 2012, 07:24 AM »
I will have the frabill shanty   plus we will have a grill and a fire going should be easy to spot.    Mmm  venison  we are going to be to full to fish.
[img width=106 height=80]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i336/roundlakeNY/is.png[/img

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #102 on: Feb 05, 2012, 07:53 AM »
you can never be to full to fish! maybe a vennison chilli is in order? ill also bring a bunch of vennison steaks. il have my shappelledx40000 with me. come  on in and enjoy some deliciouse food.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #103 on: Feb 05, 2012, 08:13 AM »
The plan to gather and fish near the bridge makes the most sense, even though as noted there is more room on the ice down near Pike Brook road. The limited parking there would frustrate the late arrivals and we don't want people starting their day with a big negative like parking drama.

I see the group possibly getting on both sides of the bridge - and there is actually more ice area on the little bay on the south side of the bridge than there is right in front of the boat launch. It is just a short dash across the road to go see how the guys on the other side are doing. We'll play this by ear and see how much room is needed as the day unfolds. I know I want to see somebody with a monster pike on the ice.

Unless they are miserable and anti-social, there should be a fair number of guys fishing there that have never even heard of iceshanty.com, but hey they ice fish so they are still brothers and I welcome all fishermen that are present to join the party................. ...........

AS LONG AS THEY DON'T DRINK ANY OF MY BEER !  ;D :o :tipup:
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #104 on: Feb 05, 2012, 08:47 AM »
remeber to buy your beer the night before!! i found out you cant by beer at 5am!.....who new ;D

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #105 on: Feb 05, 2012, 10:04 AM »
There will be a loaded  laker heritage tip up, up for grabs  to the biggest pike.   
[img width=106 height=80]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i336/roundlakeNY/is.png[/img

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #106 on: Feb 05, 2012, 01:50 PM »
awesome...biggest by length, or by weight?

Offline Celtron

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Not just a bum! A fishing bum!
« Reply #107 on: Feb 05, 2012, 01:58 PM »
Sounds like a great time. Are there any good hotels in the area for those of us that aren't in the area?
🇺🇸⚓️

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #108 on: Feb 05, 2012, 02:13 PM »
Celtron , I have stayed at the Budget Inn on the south end of the village of Whitehall a few times. That is the only lodging available in Whitehall unless you know of a Bed and Breakfast there. The Budget Inn lives up to its name alright, but it is only 4 miles from South bay. The nightly rate was $ 50 plus tax last winter when I last stayed there.

There might be motels 25 miles north in Ticonderoga. I know there are many hotels in the Lake George area also about 25 miles from Whitehall.

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #109 on: Feb 06, 2012, 09:10 AM »
awesome...biggest by length, or by weight?

I am trying to keep this as simple as I can seen that its all for fun

We will go by length and any tie then we will go by weight.   

Prizes are as follows

1 Laker Heritage Tip Up for biggest pike        1 jigging rod for biggest perch       Handfull of jigs for biggest panfish

And for any kid's that show up 1 jigging rod for biggest fish  and some jigs for the runner ups.

Entries will be taken from dawn sunday until 3pm at that time prizes will be handed out.   Must be present to get prize.                I will have a scale and tape measure setup on a table in the general area that everyone is hanging out.   

So if you want to be in the running for the prizes you can PM just saying you want to be in.  Or you can stop by the table and put your name in that day.      I will have a leader board setup with everyones names that want to be in it.     

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #110 on: Feb 06, 2012, 09:38 AM »
The Date is good! Now, can some one put an address up so we can Google earth it. Want to send this along to some non internet friends. Though I live an hour a way, I have never fished the King.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #111 on: Feb 06, 2012, 09:49 AM »
Go to Google maps  and enter      south bay, lake champlain  should bring up a map.  it on rt 22

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #112 on: Feb 06, 2012, 09:50 AM »
im in roundlaker for the prizes

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #113 on: Feb 06, 2012, 09:54 AM »
The Date is good! Now, can some one put an address up so we can Google earth it. Want to send this along to some non internet friends. Though I live an hour a way, I have never fished the King.
South Bay is the southern part of Champlain. The boat launch is on  Rt 22 outside of Whitehall on the right hand side. It would have been cool to do it on the king this year, but momma nature isn't cooperating. Any and everyone is welcome.

Nice work putting that stuff together roundlakeNY. Thanks a bunch for jumping in like this. I saved the banner from 2 years ago hoping to use it again.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #114 on: Feb 06, 2012, 10:00 AM »
Go to Google maps  and enter      south bay, lake champlain  should bring up a map.  it on rt 22
So this is Champlain... 15 tipups?
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #115 on: Feb 06, 2012, 10:03 AM »
So this is Champlain... 15 tipups?
Yep.  ;D

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #116 on: Feb 06, 2012, 10:04 AM »
15 tipups and three hand lines... Hope I need my track shoes!

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #117 on: Feb 06, 2012, 10:14 AM »
what or where is "the king"???

Offline carpy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #118 on: Feb 06, 2012, 10:22 AM »
The king is Lake George. :tipup:

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #119 on: Feb 06, 2012, 11:12 AM »
I'm stoked to fish waters I know nothing about... please schedule no snow storms for that day please!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.