Author Topic: wow!!  (Read 1738 times)

Offline bite king

• Team IceShanty Regular
wow!!
« on: Feb 11, 2006, 09:38 PM »
got out to st.laurant at 7:30 this morning went about 2 miles out and started to drill holes, the vex was full of fish... put on a 3/16 jig and a minnow.. could not get anything to bite. then i put on some power bait no minnow and it was none stop for  at least 2 hours. then with out warning died down, the vex still showed tonnes of fish. switched it up and put on a jig and minnow... once again the action was unbelievable. fished til about 8 and called it a day. between the two of us we caught around 200 perch biggest around 13". kept 10. did not want to do much cleaning tonight.

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: wow!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2006, 10:04 PM »
Good job BK... nice to see the perch are starting. Funny how they bite like nuts on anything and then as if some bell went they stop. My experience (20 years fishing them on that lake) is that later in the day they want shiners. Eyes that worked so well in the AM can't even buy a bite.

Firefighter
He who hesitates is lost...

Offline scottymac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2006, 09:38 AM »
what kind of power bait did you switch to?

Offline bite king

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2006, 11:32 AM »
berkleys small pink and yellow tube jig, very sparkley.

grumpymoe

« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2006, 05:16 PM »
good venture out bite king....and nice to hear a good catch report on perch FINALLY.....WTG....Gru mp  8)

Offline cowboy_barney

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2006, 07:35 PM »
Just posted on the other Twin thread.  Wish know that I had ventured further out.  Were did you go out?  Went to the road where water had been flowing all winter, wasn't any vehicles parked there. 

Offline HOS

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2006, 07:10 AM »
Great report! Nice to see someone is catching Perch in large numbers! Hope to get out to Delta soon!

Offline bite king

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2006, 05:02 PM »
CB we were at laurentian beach, started out a mile in the morning then moved out a nother mile in the afternoon. one thing about laurentian beach is the shallow water. we got to one place and drilled a hole where the ice was 22" and the water under the ice was 5" so it can ruin a good set of auger blades (this was a bout a mile and a half out)

Offline cowboy_barney

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 15, 2006, 08:28 PM »
Meant to go check there when I went snowmobiling.  I am familiar with Laurentia beach and how it can be shallow in areas.  Parents have a cottage in St. Laurent so spent a lot of time out there.  Hopefully will try again this weekend, if it's not too darn cold.

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 2006, 10:03 AM »
 Nice that must mean the Perch fishing is picking up really want to go out with TK and Joe10 in pursuit of some of those tasty Perch. ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Offline sled-in

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 17, 2006, 05:17 PM »
Your story has given me the Idea that I will go there this sunday, I hope it isn't too cold, I have enough Dutch in me that once I have an idea I will pull like a bull to get it done.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.