Author Topic: TRUCK THROUGH  (Read 6323 times)

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
Re: TRUCK THROUGH
« Reply #30 on: Dec 24, 2012, 03:53 PM »
I called autopac to ask some questions about coverage on vehicles that go through the ice and they said that they wouldn't change anything unless it gets to the point where there are like a 1000 incidents a year on the ice
That's what they say NOW....(because they haven't bothered looking into it or started a committee to address this issue.).......let's face it, MPI is always looking at gouging us. Look at what they do to us motorcycle riders  >:(
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline Blue Mago

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 26, 2012, 02:23 PM »
MPI is always looking at a way to take a bit more out of your pockets ...eg trail pass's for snowmobiles ? has nothing to do with insurance yet a failing system ( SnoMan ) needed help and they saw a way of getting something out of it ,and I did challenge it and have a email that they ( MPI ) state that it's nothing to do with them ( MPI ),yet we need to sign a waiver not to travel along trails along provincal highways ? something that we have all paid for through our tax's ? .Just wait a little while and they will come up with something stupid ! But I am greatful to the father / daughter  trip that went wrong that everyone got out okay and I'm sure that they never expected to live through what they did .
Enjoy The Ride ,You only Get One Chance

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
« Reply #32 on: Dec 26, 2012, 03:59 PM »
HAVE I GOT A DEAL FOR YOU ---SWAMP LAND IN FLORIDA---- TRUST ME IT'S A GOOD INVESTMENT!

I'll take that land any day... open a Gator Farm and offer guided hunts. I smell $$$! Always wanted to hunt a Gator

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline flat liner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 27, 2012, 08:37 AM »
there are way to many idiots out on the ice.i parked my truck 20 feet away from my shack just cause i didnt know what the ice was like. there were alot of truck and cars on the ice spred out.one idiot drove between my truck and shack,they just came on the ice,they dont know if it is sound or thick.Them one brainless redneck drove along side my truck and my shack,right over the row of holes i had 5 feet over from my door.

Offline johnny-walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 27, 2012, 09:27 AM »
there are way to many idiots out on the ice.i parked my truck 20 feet away from my shack just cause i didnt know what the ice was like. there were alot of truck and cars on the ice spred out.one idiot drove between my truck and shack,they just came on the ice,they dont know if it is sound or thick.Them one brainless redneck drove along side my truck and my shack,right over the row of holes i had 5 feet over from my door.

:o

That's eye widening for ya, too many many idiots, even just one is too many.  Is it unlawful or illegal for us to start posting the make, model and license plate for idiots on the ice?  Maybe people would start to abuse it?  IDK, what do ya think?  Police our own before we all get policed?

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Dec 27, 2012, 03:59 PM »
:o

That's eye widening for ya, too many many idiots, even just one is too many.  Is it unlawful or illegal for us to start posting the make, model and license plate for idiots on the ice?  Maybe people would start to abuse it?  IDK, what do ya think?  Police our own before we all get policed?

Bad idea, IMO. Best thing to do, since everyone has a smart phone it seems, take video of them, photos, and plate number, forward to police for investigation. They can lay charges based on video evidence. If you choose to talk to the person, advise them that you are contacting police. If they are doing something that is putting lives in danger, like donuts between shacks, call 911.

Offline johnny-walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 27, 2012, 04:36 PM »
Bad idea, IMO. Best thing to do, since everyone has a smart phone it seems, take video of them, photos, and plate number, forward to police for investigation. They can lay charges based on video evidence. If you choose to talk to the person, advise them that you are contacting police. If they are doing something that is putting lives in danger, like donuts between shacks, call 911.

If I see someone doing something stupid I'm gonna let them know, what do you think that someone's gonna get out kill you, if there's a fight at least the cops will charge the guy.  If you have footage of the guy or write down his license plate, they may talk to the guy or they may not.  Some guys think the rest of us think it's cool to see them speeding or doing donuts but we don't.  If we all take a stand they will get the message and either calm down or leave.

Do what you think is right by you and yours and I will do the same.

Offline r.mazur

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Dec 27, 2012, 06:21 PM »
Are there any rules on the river ? It's not a road so do highway traffic laws apply ?
KCCO

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.