Author Topic: Truck thru the ice eastside !!!  (Read 11655 times)

Offline Live2fish5

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Truck thru the ice eastside !!!
« Reply #60 on: Dec 28, 2011, 11:49 PM »
this thread has just gotten a bit too stupid now? anyone agree? whether the comments by the driver were true or fake to those who said A THIRD PARTY IS NOT LIABLE is very RIGHT and whether or not the comment made by the driver are true or false doesnt depict whether the truck is covered or not? its a gov ran business not a high school club... "ooh I think that he was happy" that he wrote off his 3 day old truck.. and- OMG thats not coverd under MPI and make him pay the $40000 which the trucks worth!!" is just dumb.. and for the guy who "contacted" his buddy at mpi.. get your buddy, yeah.. the lvl 1 clerk? to tell his boss this guy is VERY optimistic about living through a near death experience! and on the off side this whole post should be deleted since its getting out of hand this is the holiday season not time to be.... this way?

Offline Fish Camp 24-7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Dec 29, 2011, 12:06 AM »
If this is that much of a problem to people contact mpi and get your info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What happened, happened! There are many reasons that could have caused this incident. I for one along with 4 other half tons in my group drove in the exact same spot prior! Until I hear the story from the driver of the truck what happened then whatever! Maybe it was a one ton truck in front? maybe temp and ice cond? or speed?
Everyone just use caution and don't assume!!!!!!! Its your choice what you feel is safe for travel and I for one is not recommended which is the safest!

Offline Live2fish5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Dec 29, 2011, 12:08 AM »
well said

Offline The Axe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Dec 29, 2011, 10:13 AM »
The bottom line is a truck went thru the ice and it's a good reminder that the risk sometime is not worth the reward. I for one will be walking out onto the ice anywhere until we have a good solid 2 weeks of -20c weather.
Also a good reminder is how the people around pulled together and helped the guy who went thru. Wether you know the person or not when your out on the ice you have to look out for others.

See you on the Ice.... :afro:

Offline HighlandGlen Guide

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Dec 29, 2011, 03:12 PM »
on a different topic! does anyone know what that big fifth wheel fish house was all about? was someone doing a show out there?  rich americans?  seen it out there today and that things was lit up in the dark, and was huge!  by the time we left, it had moved, not sure where.

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Dec 30, 2011, 08:51 AM »
on a different topic! does anyone know what that big fifth wheel fish house was all about? was someone doing a show out there?  rich americans?  seen it out there today and that things was lit up in the dark, and was huge!  by the time we left, it had moved, not sure where.
I know last year the hutterites built a wheel house that cost between 30 - 40 grand made out of stainless steel and the inside is all tongue and groove. I hear they are selling it so they can build a bigger one. I am going to try and get the pics from my son in law. He did a lot of work for them and the thing is amazing. Not sure if that was theirs or not.

Offline huricane

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Dec 30, 2011, 09:44 AM »
Americans up here fishing

Offline flat liner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Dec 30, 2011, 10:10 AM »
They aren't fishing, they are just on the ice with a rod in their hand. You have to catch fish to be fishing and we all know they can't do that. Ha Ha , just joking Americans. Enjoy our waters as we enjoy your cheap merchandise as we ride out to Fargo to shop Sheele's.

Offline Tomasz.B

• IceShanty Rookie
  • DTF (Down to fish)
« Reply #68 on: Sep 26, 2012, 09:38 PM »
I have a question about MPI & it has been bugging me for a few months now. Does MPI cover a car or truck if it falls through on lake Winnipeg ?? My parents are both so against me driving onto ice in the winter and are saying that they wont let me take their vehicles on the ice this winter because MPI doesn't cover it if it falls through :(  ( btw I'm only 17 :P so i dont have my own car yet! )
Subscribe to my youtube channel its good trust me !! :)
https://www.youtube.com/c/Burlagafishingteam

also check out my Instagram for Big Fish. ;)
https://www.instagram.com/burlagafishingteam/

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
« Reply #69 on: Sep 26, 2012, 10:16 PM »
It all depends on your parents insurance plan. But most that are in the region of were ice fishing goes on cover it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.