Author Topic: What Are You Adding This Year?  (Read 40545 times)

Offline iowapackfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: What Are You Adding This Year?
« Reply #300 on: Aug 14, 2016, 06:38 AM »
updated quite a bit last year. Polar bird 4 man shack, a couple of 13 fishing tickle sticks and an Ion 8 in. electric auger that I  absolutely love. all the power a guy needs and at only 22 lbs. Going to shoot for a guided trip this year maybe to Devil's Lake or Waubay.
God,Country, and the Green Bay Packers

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #301 on: Aug 15, 2016, 10:03 AM »
So far added a SI Predator Parka....thinking of adding another in-line combo set up ..couple of Northland Buckshot flutter spoons . Sure to be more ...as the new goodies aren't out yet .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Lyontyl

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #302 on: Aug 15, 2016, 11:03 AM »
This is going to be a low spending year for me which isn't saying much considering I save all year to spend money on ice fishing stuff!

- Nebulus for my sled
- Maybe trick out and try the Black Betty FreeFall reel
- Another TUCR bullwhip
- New float suit, accidentally took my bibs out with my auger blade last season  :o
- Any new tackle that the companies come out with
- If I could find an effective way to mount a Kolpin rod case to my snowmobile I may consider as well.

That's about it.  Finally happy with my augers and my shacks and don't have any reason to replace at this point!

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #303 on: Aug 15, 2016, 11:34 AM »
ive hoarded so much stuff the last couple years that I'm finally going to start saving money and not buy anything but bait.ive accumulated 4 vexs,6 shanties,hundreds of jigs,more tip ups than I could ever use in mi,augers from 4" up to 9" including 2 jiffy propane lites and my 1 armed bandit jiffy. I think I have 14 augers,4 or 5 mr heaters along with 6 coleman heaters,more lanterns than anybody should own,rods and reels laying all over the house and lost count at 164 reels of various sizes/brands.i might get a few more jigs tho...I would like a thermal 1 man flip but my frabill commando and shappell fx100 do the job for now. 

Offline DaveSS1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #304 on: Aug 15, 2016, 01:04 PM »
Probably not much this year as I am trying to save up for new Xi5 trolling motor for my boat...

I do however have a short list of things I will get:

1.  Stryker suit
2.  A pair of 36" HT ice blues
3.  Some deep water jigs for lake trout
4.  Maybe some of the latest, greatest, have to buy lures that will never get used.
5.  A 12" extension for my strike master as I am confident it will be a cold ice season!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #305 on: Aug 15, 2016, 02:56 PM »

I found some deals on some 13 spinning reels and a new MH wicked rod , and some horizontal jigs , and some spoons for ,eyes , perch and lakers

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #306 on: Aug 15, 2016, 07:12 PM »
Does anyone know when or where we can buy the 13 fishing freefall reel?

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #307 on: Aug 15, 2016, 08:23 PM »
I'm adding more ice time...   Did pretty good last season but hope to spend more time on the hard water this season.... ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #308 on: Aug 15, 2016, 08:37 PM »
Fresh line, purchased plenty of stuff over the past few winters and never really had a decent chance to try most of it. Would like to add sufficient ice where attacking the ice would fall into the normal category instead of the wait/check and pray approach used over the last few years. Wonder if my midwinter patterns have held up, been awhile. First ice/last ice over and over.................w eekly

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #309 on: Aug 15, 2016, 10:36 PM »
Got so much junk I am going to sell some of it off..  instead of hoarding it.. but just bought a mora auger with the offset handle and converting it over to  a Lazer blade..  so it will cut like a nils ... got a ton of jig hopefully what I sell of covers the bait costs lols...

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #310 on: Aug 15, 2016, 10:41 PM »
Got so much junk I am going to sell some of it off..  instead of hoarding it.. but just bought a mora auger with the offset handle and converting it over to  a Lazer blade..  so it will cut like a nils ... got a ton of jig hopefully what I sell of covers the bait costs lols...

I did that with an Eskimo worked great. What is nice is you have versatility with the auger when it comes to blades. I sold mine to my buddy, and picked up a nils from cabelas for $125 when they were on sale.  If you want a beast put a clam plate on the auger with a brushless Milwaukee drill....you'll never go back.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #311 on: Aug 15, 2016, 10:51 PM »
I already own a nils and a clam plate just the drill motor don't work with it .. kinda got sick of spending extra cash on the  blades and sharpening the nils .. that why I went with the offset handle mora and converted it to Lazer blades.. tried it with my ht polar fire auger and almost twisted the off set handle off... the mora and finbore have the best made handles I think they used Dom tubing with a thick wall on them... now the ht went with emt tube that sucked..and has a thin wall.. so just a heads up.. to those looking at ht augers..

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #312 on: Aug 15, 2016, 11:35 PM »
I already own a nils and a clam plate just the drill motor don't work with it .. kinda got sick of spending extra cash on the  blades and sharpening the nils .. that why I went with the offset handle mora and converted it to Lazer blades.. tried it with my ht polar fire auger and almost twisted the off set handle off... the mora and finbore have the best made handles I think they used Dom tubing with a thick wall on them... now the ht went with emt tube that sucked..and has a thin wall.. so just a heads up.. to those looking at ht augers..

Why doesn't the drill motor work with it? I have the original clam plate and the Milwaukee brushless fuel drill with 720 in/lbs of tourque and it turns my nils like butter. Clam was top notch and sent me the shaft that will go on the new Milwaukee fuel with 1200in/lbs with the old clam plate. so I plan to upgrade my drill to that. Are you using the Milwaukee brushless drill?

I hear what your saying on the Nils blades and sharpening cost. I paid $125 for my nils 8in hand to my door....started looking for a spare blade head.......$99 was the cheapest I could find....chit.....I got lucky and found a guy selling a nils power ped unit set up on Craig's list. He sold me a nils power point 8in blade head sharpened by frank deluca himself for $40.....was happy happy happy.

I also picked a 6in lazier up for $20 like new for those days of hole hoping finding perch.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #313 on: Aug 16, 2016, 12:06 PM »
Not enough toqure  on my drill so it does not spin threw the ice.. got to get another drill for it to use it...

Offline Iceaddict82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #314 on: Aug 17, 2016, 04:28 PM »
Well after getting hooked on hardwater, I've finally broke down and got a Vex. Just a FL8, but price was right and I hear it's a great starter unit. And now that I have one, I'll never fish without it. So we'll see. Oh and more time on the ice, just hope it's better than last year...

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #315 on: Aug 22, 2016, 06:11 PM »
Not enough toqure  on my drill so it does not spin threw the ice.. got to get another drill for it to use it...

I see.

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
« Reply #316 on: Aug 22, 2016, 06:44 PM »
Adding the following:

Striker Ice Transporter
Reflectix
Clam Light stick with battery mount

Offline straightShot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #317 on: Sep 16, 2016, 09:26 PM »
Why doesn't the drill motor work with it? I have the original clam plate and the Milwaukee brushless fuel drill with 720 in/lbs of tourque and it turns my nils like butter. Clam was top notch and sent me the shaft that will go on the new Milwaukee fuel with 1200in/lbs with the old clam plate. so I plan to upgrade my drill to that. Are you using the Milwaukee brushless drill?

(Image removed from quote.)

I hear what your saying on the Nils blades and sharpening cost. I paid $125 for my nils 8in hand to my door....started looking for a spare blade head.......$99 was the cheapest I could find....chit.....I got lucky and found a guy selling a nils power ped unit set up on Craig's list. He sold me a nils power point 8in blade head sharpened by frank deluca himself for $40.....was happy happy happy.

I also picked a 6in lazier up for $20 like new for those days of hole hoping finding perch.

This thread goes on for years!

For the Nils, you should just be able to use an adapter.  An IceMaster works.  Don't believe that you need a clam plate with this setup.  http://icemasteradapter.com   (I see that you'll have to click on "purchase" to see the Nils option.)

Offline Peccavi18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #318 on: Sep 16, 2016, 09:44 PM »
I added a black ops rod, 6" nils, showdown 5.6, a whole box of jigs, and hopefully a few more jawjackers

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #319 on: Sep 17, 2016, 12:37 AM »
This thread goes on for years!

For the Nils, you should just be able to use an adapter.  An IceMaster works.  Don't believe that you need a clam plate with this setup.  http://icemasteradapter.com   (I see that you'll have to click on "purchase" to see the Nils option.)

If you look at the top right there is just a sole attachment that goes from nils to drill.

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #320 on: Oct 03, 2016, 07:32 AM »
Black Betty Freefall for sure and a new head for the nils 6"
Sending in both 4" and one 6" nils for a new edge.
I may buy a 8" nils.   
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #321 on: Oct 03, 2016, 02:49 PM »
Black Betty Freefall for sure and a new head for the nils 6"
Sending in both 4" and one 6" nils for a new edge.
I may buy a 8" nils.

I suggest adding it any gas/ propane auger don't compete with the 8 inch nils.. i already have one if you get one be prepaired to get the 8 sharpened ASAP by Frank who ever does them at the factory does not do as good of job as frank.  Had mine go dull after one season from factory bought two sharpened by Frank blades still have not used the second extra blade 3 year on first extra blade.. that's how good they are..

Offline Rags777

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #322 on: Oct 03, 2016, 04:17 PM »
Upgraded to a new otter lodge from a quick fish two. Can't wait to get it

Offline WestSideAl8x8

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pants up, don't loot!
« Reply #323 on: Oct 07, 2016, 09:11 PM »
Quite an improvement over my last Argo. Full top, and 18" wide tracks. Plus it has a heater!!

[][/url]

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
« Reply #324 on: Oct 11, 2016, 12:02 PM »
Just added the TUCR Bullwhip noodle to my inventory

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #325 on: Oct 11, 2016, 03:45 PM »
I'm half way to retiring my old jiffy mod 30 weighing in at about 35 Lbs. I bought a Milwaukee M18 Fuel 1/2" Hammer drill, all I need now is the 8" K-Drill. Every year that old jiffy seems to get heavier.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #326 on: Oct 11, 2016, 04:37 PM »
I'll be running a clam plate with the gear box and a Mora 8" inch...

The gear box was on back order till October 5th, now it says November 1st.. If you look really close at the pictures clam shows, there is a different brand name on the gear box...

http://stores.clamoutdoors.com/new-for-2016-2017/conversion-kit-gear-box.html

I wonder what Chinese company actually makes it?

<°)))>{

Offline lure loon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #327 on: Oct 11, 2016, 04:45 PM »
Mostly new lures , I did major upgrades the beginning of 2015  and we had a very warm winter . So I"m good to go .

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #328 on: Oct 14, 2016, 07:42 PM »
I am in the process of rigging up a Skidoo Alpine modded for ice fishing.  It will have an auger mount, a rear rack for gear and will easily pull my wheelhouse though the deep snow.
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #329 on: Oct 14, 2016, 07:50 PM »
For the first time in 6 years: time on the ice...... priceless.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.