Author Topic: Chaug  (Read 2417 times)

Offline PIKEASORIS

• Team IceShanty Regular
Chaug
« on: Jan 23, 2024, 08:50 AM »
I finally got on some good ice after scouting for a week. On at sunrise left around 4. Got to use my K-dill 8.5. WOW what a game changer light and fast.  Flags all day 4, pike 7 to 10lbs. 3, lmb 3 to 4lbs. 2 , big slime darts. And another 20+ Pound pike. Tight Lines. And most of all BE SAFE.

Offline sploke

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Chaug
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2024, 08:57 AM »
Nice, where did you get on?  The only place I've gotten on the ice there is at the fish and game club with a buddy, in that cove, but that was a long time ago.
-Matt

Offline Jeffdunn1991

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2024, 09:10 AM »
Just an idea … if you’re gonna blow up one of the better pike spots around EVERYtime you get safe ice there I have one great idea …. Take pictures without a shoreline reference . Nothing like spot burning 101

Offline Fresh Fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish on
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2024, 09:33 AM »
He can post pictures and a report how ever he wants to  and anyone else for that matter. Obviously the average lurker wouldn't know what background shoreline is in  view. More likely a regular to that spot would recognize the background and obviously knows the place well! Piss off!

Offline hardfloor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2024, 09:41 AM »
Doesn't really matter because pretty sure all the Bass and Pike were released, so

Offline PIKEASORIS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2024, 10:06 AM »
I've been fishing on this spot since I was 14 years old. I'll be 65 Saturday. I try my best to take a picture and release all the fish I catch. It's a public pond all inclusive Not Exclusive.

Offline Jeffdunn1991

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2024, 12:04 PM »
I love the report and the pictures just wish it was a wide open lake in the background with no landmarks . Pumped he’s catching these big girls and hve actually talked to him out there a few times . Nothing against the report . Just asking for better background in the picture … flipping a smart phone to portrait mode will blur the whole background

Offline WILLYTROUT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2024, 12:17 PM »
what if you really dont care if people know where you are fishing. i share info all the time. By the way there are no spots in this state that are secret. EVERY PLACE HAS BEEN BURNED A MILLION TIMES.

hence the name "ICE FISHING COMMUNITY"

Offline PIKEASORIS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2024, 01:23 PM »
Your Right Willi I Really Don't  Care who sees where I fish come on over and say Hi and maybe I'll give you a couple of my custom pike leaders and a few tips so can maybe catch one Just Saying. 😏

Offline WILLYTROUT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2024, 01:55 PM »
That sounds great pike. I love meeting people on the ice that share my passion for fishing.

Offline Rooster18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 23, 2024, 05:08 PM »
PIKEASORIS, you are a true sportsman and one of the last few remaining.  It appears to me that a lot of the guys who are on here have forgotten that someone once taught them the sport.  They seem to be self-amused by posting that they caught something bigger and better than everyone else, aka BRAGG!  They have no interest in sharing a spot or helping other people catch fish. They just want to feel like they can fish better than anyone else.  I bet you could teach them many things to help them improve if they were open to promoting posts like yours on where to fish and techniques to use.  Personally, I get more excitement about watching someone get success from a tip I have provided.  Nobody is going to ruin a spot by sharing info.  Keep it up!!!  Hopefully one day they will learn there is more enjoyment in showing someone where to drill the next hole!

You have 16 years on me, but I have been fishing that pond too since I was a young kid.  I used to go there back in the early 1980's with my dad for the big pickerel, long before the pike were ever there.  Were you out there again today?  I drove up the road on the west side and saw someone out on the ice just outside the sportsman club.  If so, how did you do?

Offline PIKEASORIS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 23, 2024, 05:20 PM »
Rooster 18 thanks for the kind words appreciated it. I used to live on Sam Chicken rd by the Dizecks farm as a boy we used to walk down to pachaug and fish till it got dark. We used to catch tons of yellow perch white perch and some nice bass before they started stocking pike.

Offline Rooster18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 23, 2024, 05:57 PM »
I meant it and you’re welcome.  You used to live not far from where I am now.  I’m on Rixtown Rd right along Billings Brook which feeds into Pachaug’s south bay below RT165.  Send me a PM sometime and maybe we can hookup to fish! 

Offline IceDog88

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 23, 2024, 07:05 PM »
Nice job PIKE with your scouting and definitely payed off with big rewards. Good luck with the rest of your ice fishing season

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fishon and often. Leave no trace.
« Reply #14 on: Jan 24, 2024, 07:45 AM »
Great report and congratulations on the fish.  Fyi, people in other states do share information without getting lambasted.   
If you can't play nice, get off the ice!

Offline PIKEASORIS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 27, 2024, 08:10 AM »
Thanks to all who posted good or bad. Hope you all have great fishing days in your future.  ✌️

Offline hardfloor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 27, 2024, 09:38 AM »
Nice work! I could walk to that spot from my house, but don't Pike fish anymore. Rooster, the wife and I volunteered at the old kitty shelter on Rixtown years ago.

Offline Rooster18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 27, 2024, 08:35 PM »
Small world Hardfloor.  That old kitty shelter is only a few houses down from me.  I’ll see you in the water, or on the ice if we see some again!! I’ve got all fingers crossed that Beach will lock up again some day!!!

Offline hardfloor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 29, 2024, 12:23 PM »
I would love to see Beach covered in ice!

Offline Jeffdunn1991

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Feb 07, 2024, 04:03 AM »
Any ice on Pachaug or can I bring the boat down this weekend

Offline hardfloor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Feb 07, 2024, 08:16 AM »
It's been open for a while now, bit I drove by on 165 so not sure if the launch is open.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21 on: Feb 07, 2024, 11:06 AM »
It's been open for a while now, bit I drove by on 165 so not sure if the launch is open.

If it wasnt my guess is it could be broken up easily.

Offline Rooster18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Feb 08, 2024, 06:33 PM »
It is wide open everywhere except for a skim in the small cove by the game club.  If there is any ice around the boat launch come tomorrow, you'd be able to plow through it with a rubber raft.

Offline PyroZuki

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dip-Dip-Jerk
« Reply #23 on: Feb 08, 2024, 07:28 PM »
I've been fishing on this spot since I was 14 years old. I'll be 65 Saturday. I try my best to take a picture and release all the fish I catch. It's a public pond all inclusive Not Exclusive.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

All around!

Pyro
I live in MT, so when I ain't huntin, I'm fishin!
Boy the way Glenn Miller played
Songs that made the hit parade.
Guys like us we had it made,
Those were the days.

And you knew who you were then,
Girls were girls and men were men,
Mister we could use a man
Like Herbert Hoover again.

Didn't need no welfare state,
Everybody pulled his weight.
Gee our old LaSalle ran great.
Those were the days