Connecticut > Ice Fishing Connecticut

Mashapaug

<< < (4/4)

eiderz:

--- Quote ---Been given a ticket for letting a companion that was jigging use my tip ups.  Even though he said that he was using them, my name was on them.  Said we had to cover my information and use his name and address.  On Candlewood.
Officer lied and pressured the jigger to say he was only jigging bu threatening hin with $1,500 in fines.  The jigger is now blackballed and i make sure everything has my name and address.
--- End quote ---

The name thing is pretty ridiculous when guys are standing there tending them. Shame on the game warden for ticketing it, absent some other violation requiring a perp to be identified. Like too many tipups, illegal bait, unattended tipups etc.

Because I try to follow the rules, I've been putting trap tags on my tipups for many years. Larry Finch 2-hole copper tags pop riveted or screwed to the base. Like fishon, I routinely loan tipups to guests, who I have put a mailing label on the flag. I have never covered my own information. None of the wardens have ever even looked. Hope this isn't some new push to enforce nonsense rules.

eiderz:
I'm also curious which other states require name/address on tipups? Not in Maine, I don't think NY.

pepperdawg:
Vermont always has required this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version