The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: North pond Savoy  (Read 1841 times)

Offline iceberger

• IceShanty Rookie
  • trout king
North pond Savoy
« on: Dec 04, 2021, 09:40 AM »
Has anyone been to North pond in Savoy in the last week, just wondering if it is iced up yet. usually this time of year I am out there by now

Offline bogtrotter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: North pond Savoy
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2021, 04:04 PM »
It's not a direct answer, but I can say that I was on Burnett's Pond today (just a few miles from North Pond) and there was 5" of ice on it.

Offline Nmcbean413

• IceShanty Rookie
  • It ain’t over till it’s over
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2021, 08:20 AM »
I just went to scout north pond (Monday 9 am) lots of holes drilled from yesterday I’d saw 3-4 inches on it.
FLAGGGG!!!

Offline bogtrotter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2021, 09:58 AM »
I just went to scout north pond (Monday 9 am) lots of holes drilled from yesterday I’d saw 3-4 inches on it.

Hey, Nat - - Nice to see you're still out there.  Hope to see you on the ice this season.

Offline Nmcbean413

• IceShanty Rookie
  • It ain’t over till it’s over
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2021, 10:32 AM »
Hey, Nat - - Nice to see you're still out there.  Hope to see you on the ice this season.

Same to you it was a pleasure to get on here and see you were on big so I took a drive without gear to check north pond.

A lot of holes drilled by the beach there and good solid ice!

I’m sure you will see me on your travels and I should be out a lot more now that I have my own transportation
FLAGGGG!!!

Offline iceberger

• IceShanty Rookie
  • trout king
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2021, 12:27 PM »
To the person who responded about Burnetts pond. I have never fished it but i am curious about it, how is the fishing there and what species are there. I have a bad disc in my back so I have never made the walk down there due to back pain. Just curious

Offline bogtrotter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2021, 03:00 PM »
To the person who responded about Burnetts pond. I have never fished it but i am curious about it, how is the fishing there and what species are there. I have a bad disc in my back so I have never made the walk down there due to back pain. Just curious

Fishing is generally reliable - - i.e., it's a good place to bring kids if you want to count on getting at least a few flags - - but basically all that is in there are pickerel and perch. 

(Once in a blue moon, someone will drop in a bass that someone else catches, but there is no "resident" population of them).

As you have noticed, the hill is steep and sometimes can be icy, but once you're down there, it's a pretty small pond with comparatively "reliable" ice.

Offline iceberger

• IceShanty Rookie
  • trout king
« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2021, 03:30 PM »
Thank you for the info

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2021, 05:42 PM »
Is North pond in Florida the same pond? I heard yesterday there 5 was inches there and the fish were biting.

Offline bogtrotter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 10, 2021, 08:27 PM »
Is North pond in Florida the same pond? I heard yesterday there 5 was inches there and the fish were biting.

Yes, North Pond is in the Town of Florida, but is part of the Savoy State Forest.

Two other ponds in Savoy State Forest are Burnett's and Bog Pond (which, unlike North Pond, are actually in the Town of Savoy).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.