Author Topic: they r out  (Read 3215 times)

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
they r out
« on: Feb 10, 2020, 06:34 AM »
the new fishing regs. book is out.  make sure to stop to get one before they are all gone!
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline walleyeboater

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: they r out
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2020, 07:46 AM »
Should be on the app, also.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2020, 08:07 AM »
yes and on line but its best to have the hard copy also.  couple years ago. it mite have saved ya a ticket when the shanty names rule come.  the hard copy didn't match the online version.

OANN the real story

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2020, 12:42 PM »
yes and on line but its best to have the hard copy also.  couple years ago. it mite have saved ya a ticket when the shanty names rule come.  the hard copy didn't match the online version.

I'm still trying to figure out why the DNR needs to have owners name & address in 3-inch block letters. 1 inch would be plenty big enough to read. Theres only a small white area on my shanty to write name/address, to be able to use 3" block you'd have to have a area about 12"x12" or bigger. It can't be so they can read it from a distance cause they may approach with the door on the opposite side and they'd have to walk around to other side.

Ice shanties or portable ice-fishing shelters must have the owner’s name and address or the owner’s DNR-issued Customer ID number in 3-inch block letters on the outside of the door. Between sunset and sunrise, any ice fishing shelter or portable shelter must have at least one red reflector or a 3-inch by 3-inch reflector strip on each side of the structure.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline Hexagenia51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2020, 05:19 PM »
Just use your ID #! I talked to a young CO from Warsaw, he told me he doesn't worry about portable shanties with numbers, but permanent shanties is what he is concerned with.  Hex

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2020, 05:24 AM »
All the CO's are different and we should do our best to abid to the law but the CO's I've talked with also aren't to concerned about the portable shanties. They do want to see your name and things on them but the size isn't much of a problem.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2020, 06:55 AM »
if you use your dnr id# I would be worried about others checking in game under your number. (if they knew your other info)

I put my po box on piece of paper and put it in my window.  my pop up is hardly ever popped up though.  id rather be out in the open fishing. most of the time I put flags out for extra meat. lol

yes, some COs let things slide. they don't make up laws just enforce them. seems its their call whether to ticket or not. its still the law so be prepared and have it with you. if your not breaking any laws they cant hassle/coerce you for very long.

OANN the real story

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2020, 12:06 PM »
Just use your ID #! I talked to a young CO from Warsaw, he told me he doesn't worry about portable shanties with numbers, but permanent shanties is what he is concerned with.  Hex

Just like some rookie cops who are eager beavers and try to make a name for themselves ASAP by going overboard writing tickets. You may run into a rookie C.O. with the same attitude or one that got up on the wrong side of the bed.
We had one like that in Cass Cty and she was that way her whole career, luckily she retired a few years back.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2020, 08:44 AM »
I'm guessing still no limit on bluegills even though there is overwhelming support for it in every rule change proposal?

Yes I know some of you don't want it but many of us do.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 13, 2020, 02:59 PM »
So what is new for this year. Just got my new license on-line. Started selling them sooner this year then previous years???

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2020, 05:48 PM »
a 60 gill limit I wouldn't mind.  ;D 

OANN the real story

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 17, 2020, 01:47 PM »
a 60 gill limit I wouldn't mind.  ;D

:wacko:
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 17, 2020, 03:22 PM »
I wouldn't mind a limit.  I wonder if a closed spawning season wouldn't  help.  I usually take more than 20 in the winter a time or 2 depending on the season.  I usually fry around 20 at a time for my family so if they are biting and I can get a good mess while I'm out I do.  I had 51 on Saturday.   Most likely will be the most I keep this season.  Been out 5 or 6 times.  Would have been around or under 20 the others.  20 is a nice number to clean.  I prefer eating a 7-8" gill to something larger, crappie under 12".

Offline kevs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Feb 17, 2020, 10:50 PM »
 I would like to see a limit, but not an all encompassing number for every lake. Bring back creel counts using college students and give them credits toward their classes for doing fish counts and ID's on lakes during spring and summer. Some lakes need slots, and most need limits on fish over 10". There are lakes that can give up 50 fish limits and those that cannot due to excess harvesting of fish. One side of this that has to be resolved is the issue with limits and boats with several people fishing on them (more than 3). I watched as a certain group of people had approx. 7-10 people per pontoon lined up along a shoreline where gills were spawning. There were four boats, over 30 people. At a 50 fish limit per person there would be no fish left on those beds, not that there was after they left. It will be hard to enforce any laws/rule changes since most counties only have 2-3 COs working in them at any given time.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #14 on: Feb 18, 2020, 07:52 AM »
im on board with closed season deal.  i think that would help a lot.  those big boys n girls are way more vulnerable at spawn time.  i watch the bed raping run and gun show while bassing in spring.  imagine if they were left to do their thing, how it would benefit the lake.  all the fry for food for the other fish. 

i like to stop at 60 taxi. what can i say. ;D  cleaning more than that gets laborious. 

OANN the real story

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.