Author Topic: Ice age  (Read 6659 times)

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Ice age
« on: Feb 03, 2020, 08:09 PM »
Not sure if anyone else has picked up on any of the news surrounding the study released talking about the theory that we could be headed into a mini ice age that could possibly last till 2050's!!!

I knew I had be told before "be careful what you wish for".

I haven't had time to do any reading or research yet, been in the truck most of the day.  Wonder if it will be balanced out by the global warming?

Also heard some discussion about the shifting magnetic poles a week or so ago, that didn't sound good either!

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Ice age
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2020, 08:21 PM »
I love ice fishing but don't think that would be a good thing. Food shortages come to mind.
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2020, 08:31 PM »
Do a little reading and I've concluded that weather has patterns, and the pattern we're in now is what it was like before the depression and dust bowl in the 1930s, wouldn't be surprised if winter showed up very early and ftreezes everything like it did back then

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2020, 10:54 PM »
I don't know much of anything but this I do know:

They have a hard time hitting the weather forecast 4 days from now but yet they want me to believe this is part of a 400 year "pattern"..............Comon man!!!

Mini ice age.......are you kidding me?????

How does this jive with global warming?

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2020, 11:19 PM »
I don't know much of anything but this I do know:

They have a hard time hitting the weather forecast 4 days from now but yet they want me to believe this is part of a 400 year "pattern"..............Comon man!!!

Mini ice age.......are you kidding me?????

How does this jive with global warming?
It has nothing to do with global warming. Just goes along with historic weather patterns.

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2020, 05:55 AM »
Reads like that should tell us atleast one thing for sure. Ice age or global warming is in the eyes of the readers for now. We now have been keeping temp recording on record for atleast a hundred years+ but not in every local and with what we can see from that in my opinion is we are in a warm period of time now but it can't be really tied to human cause yet. Non of us have been around long enough nor will be to see real proof.   

Offline CWlake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2020, 06:09 AM »
Reads like that should tell us atleast one thing for sure. Ice age or global warming is in the eyes of the readers for now. We now have been keeping temp recording on record for atleast a hundred years+ but not in every local and with what we can see from that in my opinion is we are in a warm period of time now but it can't be really tied to human cause yet. Non of us have been around long enough nor will be to see real proof.   
      I can agree with this. No one will know for another 100 yrs or a 1000!

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2020, 06:41 AM »
I also heard that our sun is going to burn itself out. Might take a few million years though.

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2020, 08:44 AM »
And I heard we have zombie's coming ..... Frozen zombie's

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2020, 10:28 AM »
The article by Sean Martin is bogus from the get go. It misrepresents the source as Nature when it was published in another publication. If an alleged journalist can't even get that right be very suspicious of his accuracy.

There are other problems with the article such as exaggerated temperature declines.

There is NO research that backs up that claim that a Solar Minimum can cause a cool down in the earth anywhere near that magnitude if at all. NONE! 

https://climatefeedback.org/claimreview/yet-another-express-article-falsely-warns-of-a-solar-induced-ice-age-sean-martin/

Even the cause of our ice ages is still in question although the latest theory is a periodic wobble in the earths's rotation IIRR.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2020, 10:33 AM »
It has nothing to do with global warming. Just goes along with historic weather patterns.

Come on Roeboat not that again!  ;D. 3 to 4 days is actually quite accurate. :roflmao:  A heck of a lot more accurate than the Groundhog on Groudhog Day or the Farmer's Almanac!
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 04, 2020, 10:41 AM »

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
« Reply #12 on: Feb 04, 2020, 11:00 AM »
i totally am on board with global warming!!!
it happened after the first ice age.....
then again after the second one too!
and again global warming came back after the 3rd one...
and the 4th....
and the 5th....
we just lack the patience and longevity to see it in our dust spec of a lifetime.....
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 04, 2020, 12:05 PM »
and the 4th....
and the 5th....
we just lack the patience and longevity to see it in our dust spec of a lifetime.....
(Image removed from quote.)
Only difference is we are causing this one. Just listen to almost any democrat.

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 04, 2020, 12:45 PM »
haha amen to that.

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 04, 2020, 12:49 PM »

It depends on what side of the fence a person is on as to what they believe and what they do/don't agree with.

I believe the last global warming was when the world flood back in Noah's time and if we have another it will be because God lets it happen not because mankind forced it.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 04, 2020, 12:53 PM »
and the 4th....
and the 5th....
(Image removed from quote.)

Yep, its coming some say. And some have benifited from the prediction. Just ask Al he's made $200 Million from his prediction " On January 26, 2006 Al said he believes humanity may have only 10 years left to save the planet from turning into a total frying pan."

And as Al crisscrossed the world waving his arms declaring, “We can’t wait. I ask how much carbon dioxide did he spew into the air from his plane.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 04, 2020, 01:25 PM »
Al's a goof ball and so is Bernie.  Anyone want to guess who has burnt up the most fuel and money on his private jet lately???

They are almost all crooked as a stick, most Republicans included.

How did we got off ice and fishing anyway.
The teens are coming, for at least a couple nights! ???

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 04, 2020, 01:26 PM »

…….How did we got off ice and fishing anyway.
The teens are coming, for at least a couple nights! ???

Because we can't get on ice our minds have wondered, our brain is about to pop like a big zit, and some of us have went off the deep end and started talking about poloticks(yes spelled wrong on purpose). We may look normal on the outside but inside we're really feeling like this cause we can't get out icefishing…..LMBO.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 04, 2020, 01:38 PM »

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 04, 2020, 01:39 PM »

Don't listen to politicians. Listen to climate experts.

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Feb 04, 2020, 02:10 PM »
there are experts on both sides of the fence

which one you believe depends on your personal views

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 04, 2020, 02:14 PM »
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Mine is, bats are charged, air in tires checked, poles r ready, only thing I need to do is replaced gear oil in lower unit. When I finally give up on the ice I"ll be ready.

Offline fwcanoefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 04, 2020, 02:15 PM »
Politics - noun

Poli - many
tics - blood sucking creatures.

That definition was told to me once when I was younger and I never forgot it.

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Feb 04, 2020, 02:50 PM »
ok back to the topic.

Ice Age, maybe next year we'll get one and be able to pop some holes and wet some lines.

The only ice fishing I've had this year was on the Pro Pilkki ice fishing game. If you haven't tried it its pretty good, free, and play 15 or 30 minute tourneys against people all over the world. I've been playing it for 3-4 yrs.

Here's a 50 sec trailer if anyone wants to check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDx9pwa-XRk

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Feb 05, 2020, 09:31 AM »
there are experts on both sides of the fence

which one you believe depends on your personal views

Funny everytime I look up an expert on the denial side they are journalists working for a political agenda pub or the fossil fuel industry. It's easy. Just look up the author of the articles you read and find out if they are truly scientists and not just journalists. Never believe anything at face value.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #26 on: Feb 05, 2020, 08:30 PM »
lmao that game is some funny stuff man!  if I was drinking milk it would have came out my nose.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Feb 06, 2020, 02:08 AM »
Funny everytime I look up an expert on the denial side they are journalists working for a political agenda pub or the fossil fuel industry. It's easy. Just look up the author of the articles you read and find out if they are truly scientists and not just journalists. Never believe anything at face value.

The revelations that scientists at the University of East Anglia’s Climate Research Unit (CRU) doctored the data supporting the global warming claims of the United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) means that EVERYTHING attributed to or based upon “global warming” is invalid.

It means the Kyoto Climate Protocols that nations agreed to on December 11, 1997 and which entered into force on February 16 2005, and all subsequent agreements based on “global warming” have no validity,
<<<<<from this article>>>>>>>>https://canadafreepress.com/article/global-warming-fraud-somebody-needs-to-go-to-jail

NASA Scientist: Global Warming Is Nonsense
https://www.inquisitr.com/1234575/nasa-scientist-global-warming-is-nonsense/

Every 10,000 years a Ice Age cycles, with a new one actually due around now.

31,000 scientists say "no convincing evidence".
[url=http://ossfoundation.us/projects/environment/global-warming/myths/31000-scientists-say-no-convincing-evidence]]http://ossfoundation.us/projects/environment/global-warming/myths/31000-scientists-say-no-convincing-evidence]

31,000 scientists say "no convincing evidence".
http://ossfoundation.us/projects/environment/global-warming/myths/31000-scientists-say-no-convincing-evidence

Greenpeace co-founder: No scientific evidence of man-made global warming
https://dailycaller.com/2014/02/25/greenpeace-co-founder-no-scientific-evidence-of-man-made-global-warming/

BOTTOM LINE:
If you believe in GB no one will change your mind
If you don't believe in GB no one will change your mind.

Offline Hexagenia51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Feb 06, 2020, 06:38 AM »
Might be some believers in Tiahland and Vietnam! Saw a video of people standing in a foot of water in their homes. The city of Venice is about three feet underwater they might be believers too! Hex

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Feb 07, 2020, 01:39 AM »
lmao that game is some funny stuff man!  if I was drinking milk it would have came out my nose.

have you played it?  I play it in the winter more when there's no ice. Its a Sweden or finland game and some play it all year I just play it in the winter. Its better than setting on the couch waiting on ice, I've done wore out 2 couches this year waiting on the ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.