Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Jigging

Northland Airplane and Bionic Bucktail Jigs

(1/2) > >>

MaineFishah:
I'm looking to pick up a couple of the Northland Airplane Jig Magnum and Bionic Bucktail jigs for lakers and cusk (burbot). The problem I have is that I can't find them locally and don't know which size I need. They are listed by weights and I can't find any lengths. I'm looking for something in the 2 1/2 to 4 inch size. Any help is greatly appreciated.

adkRoy:
I think Northland stopped making the large magnum size airplane jigs. I haven found any for a few years now.  :P

slipperybob:
The Magnum Northland Airplane Jigs are about 4 inches measured from head to bucktail end and comes in 1/2 and 1 oz. versions.  The 1 oz. is more like 4 1/2 inches. 

MaineFishah:
Thanks, that was what I was looking for, I'm kind of assuming the bucktails are a little smaller just based on the pictures. As for them not being made anymore, they are still on the northland site so I assume they are out there.

slipperybob:
Northland totally discontinued the mini airplaine jigs.  I like those, hopefully they remake better ones.  I think the magnum airplane jigs are still in circulation, I still see them at the stores.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version