Author Topic: Grease fitting?  (Read 1879 times)

Offline Bear32

• Team IceShanty Addict
Grease fitting?
« on: Feb 22, 2008, 07:52 PM »
  Hey, Does anyone know if they make a fitting like the ones you use to grease chainsaw bars for a regular gun.  I know they sell guns designed for this but would rather buy a tip for mine, than a whole new one. I'm looking for this tip so I can grease my trip tubes...   Thanks,  :laugh:

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
Re: Grease fitting?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2008, 03:43 AM »
try a shop were they sell chain saws or your local auto parts dealer

Offline MrMarty51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2008, 04:24 AM »
Any local parts house will have these they are called a needle point.I have 2 grease guns one is with the regular grease fitting and the other one is set up with the needle point.You can also install a grease zerk onto the needle point and use it on a regular grease gun but it gets a bit messy as the needle point will swivel and cause the grease to squirt around it creating a greasy mess on Your hand.There is also a small version of a grease gun that has the needle point cst onto it and You can screw a bottle of the frabill tipup grease right onto it and these work the best.I have 2 of these for My Ingersoll pneumatic impact drivers to keep them lubed up and the work real good.The parts house may have these or can order them in.I got My mini grease guns directly from Ingersol after I purchased the guns.They shipped Me the complete kit no charge.

"Every hour spent fishing is NOT taken from ones life"Quote from Grant Boyson

Offline MrMarty51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2008, 02:52 PM »
It may be kind of late to post this but here`s a pic of the grease gun.These might be available in some parts stores. :)

"Every hour spent fishing is NOT taken from ones life"Quote from Grant Boyson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.