Author Topic: AQUA-VU/CAMERA  (Read 829 times)

Offline Doppler2

• Team IceShanty Regular
AQUA-VU/CAMERA
« on: Feb 18, 2019, 08:54 PM »
I got an aqua-vu and was really excited to try it. Every time I've lowered it down the hole I don't see anything. If I put the light on all I see is bubbles. I can't even see the bottom with the light on and facing it. I even shoveled a huge spot so light could get in. It's not the water because I can just look down the hole and see just fine.

Does anyone have any experience with these? I'm beginning to think I fell for some trick.   :-\

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: AQUA-VU/CAMERA
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2019, 08:55 PM »
You should be able to pan around and see things before you put it into the water column. If not, there's a problem.

Offline Doppler2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2019, 08:58 PM »
You should be able to pan around and see things before you put it into the water column. If not, there's a problem.

It works just fine on land, but anything below the ice is a dark mystery to me. It's only 8 inches of ice.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2019, 09:14 PM »
dirty water. It works fine in gin clear water in colorado.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Aqualift

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2019, 09:14 PM »
 What model Aqua-Vu do you have?  When you turn on the IR light, it will show things not normally visible. If the water has a bunch of suspended particulates, it will hamper visiblity. Almost looks like a snowstorm.  How far down can you see a jig or the camera when lowering it before it's no longer visible? If you have only a few feet of visibilty, you won't see very much at all in the water column.

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2019, 10:10 PM »
Are you out in the open with bright light or in a dark shack?

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2019, 10:26 PM »
Also make sure your adjusting the brightness of the screen itself, I couldn’t see anything on mine until I made the screen brighter. I barely ever use it, but I believe you just tap the power button.

Offline hartly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 19, 2019, 12:16 AM »
I got an aqua-vu and was really excited to try it. Every time I've lowered it down the hole I don't see anything. If I put the light on all I see is bubbles. I can't even see the bottom with the light on and facing it. I even shoveled a huge spot so light could get in. It's not the water because I can just look down the hole and see just fine.

Does anyone have any experience with these? I'm beginning to think I fell for some trick.   :-\

Doppler my 715C did exactly the same thing. My kid figured out the problem. The camera lens still had the adhesive protective plastic stuck to it . Once I removed it , all was good.

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
« Reply #8 on: Feb 19, 2019, 07:52 AM »
Doppler my 715C did exactly the same thing. My kid figured out the problem. The camera lens still had the adhesive protective plastic stuck to it . Once I removed it , all was good.

That's funny, good fix! I just picked up the Revolution 5.0 and all I can say is wow. This thing works great! Granted I'm fishing in fairly clear waters. Everyone that checks it out can't believe how well you can see. I don't need the IR during daytime at all, and haven't been out at night yet. Nice little unit for sure.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.