Author Topic: New guy saying Howdy  (Read 1276 times)

Offline Laroo

• IceShanty Rookie
New guy saying Howdy
« on: Dec 15, 2012, 01:37 PM »
Hey
Thought I'd say hello, haven't found any ice yet this year, but it can't be long now. Unlike last year I hope to have lots of fishing trips to share. Hope to see ya on the ice soon!!

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
Re: New guy saying Howdy
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2012, 01:43 PM »
welcome have you been up to the lakes buy you and any ice thinking on going up there next sat.

Offline pipeboy98

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2012, 01:44 PM »
Welcome welcome...glad you could make it to the rubber padded shanty!  Cause were all nuts about Ice fishing.  Feel free to look around and gather as much info as you care to know...my personal favorite things to look at are the "smitty sled", "sleeper shack"' "ice inventions" and "lip ripper". If you search the sight you can come up with all sorts of crazy things guys will do.  Good luck and have fun! 

Welcome

Pipe

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2012, 01:48 PM »
Welcome welcome...glad you could make it to the rubber padded shanty!  Cause were all nuts about Ice fishing.  Feel free to look around and gather as much info as you care to know...my personal favorite things to look at are the "smitty sled", "sleeper shack"' "ice inventions" and "lip ripper". If you search the sight you can come up with all sorts of crazy things guys will do.  Good luck and have fun! 

Welcome

Pipe
or just carzy people  ;D ;D

Offline Laroo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2012, 02:20 PM »
Thanks for the welcome guys. As far as ice around me, it's been downright tropical so far. I did see a post on another site where a couple of guys got on the ice and picked up a few Tigers, but went back the next day and it was blown clear.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2012, 04:42 PM »
thanks myself and muskyon46 are going up sat to woodruff and see if we use ice poles or long rods ??? ???

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2012, 07:29 PM »
Welcome laroo, i see your from my favorite cold area in utah  :thumbsup: This years weather has been horrible for the freeze. As fishon said we are headin up to woodruff creek res. on saturday. The predicted temps are going to be single digits alot this next week in your area. So we'll be keepin our fingers crossed the long rods stay in the truck. Iceshanty's sister site is myfishfinder for summer reports and if you want to sign up there too you can see some of the trips we've made up your way. The utah MFF page has a lakes board like the ice shanty reports and conditions board but you will need 5 posts to open them up on each site. Feel free to post away and we'll get you hooked up. Heres a link to MFF utah if you wanna check it out

MFF Utah

I seen on the news the other night 12-12-2012 that you guys have a resident up there that was born on 12-12-1912 and he didnt look to be a day over 70, claimed it was the cold weather that kept him young. Good for him  ;D thats awesome. Dont forget to sign up for the tourney heres the link

2013 tourney

you enter on the sign up thread, again welcome to the shanty and all its greatness

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Laroo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2012, 11:10 AM »
Thanks for the welcome, and the links. I have Fridays off, if ya would like I could try to do a bit of intell for you guys and give you a better idea of what to expect next Sat.

Yep uncle Lou turned 100 last week, he is my wife's great uncle. He has had two sisters that passed the century mark as well, don't know if it is because of the cold though, if that was the case we'd all be VERY old up here.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2012, 11:22 AM »
thanks but we are going up no matter what need to fish i am going crazy,and happy-b-day to your uncle that's great to hear how old he is, it think its the cold and the fresh air  ;D

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Dec 16, 2012, 02:53 PM »
If you get time to take a looksy that would be fine with me, but as fishon said we are coming up your way no matter what. You're welcome to join us if you can. We should be there at 1st light and if the ice cooperates will be there till later in the afternoon. We are havin some serious ice withdrawls  :wacko: Thats cool about your uncle lou. Just seen your bust on that guy on the other site  :roflmao: :roflmao: good on ya laroo to call him out.  Hows the snow depth been around you with the storms we've had the last few days?

thought you might like some of this eye candy, there are pics scattered thru the pages

MFF tiger pics

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=209619.0
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline icemanwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 17, 2012, 01:25 AM »
Welcome laroo hey just curious are you the same laroo who called BS on 801sprtsmn over on bft if so good job ;D i can not believe that!

Offline Laroo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 17, 2012, 03:33 PM »
I'll try to slip up and check things out before Fri night, I suspect that with this weather it will be capped, just hope it's fishable. Never know, might show up, gotta see what the boss has in store for me. When I left for work this morn we had 1"- 2" but it's been snowing off and on all day.

Ya Woody that was me, normally I just let people be, but that was a bit over the top.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Dec 17, 2012, 04:01 PM »
Cool, fingers crossed on fishable. Not too much snow. We will have the nessesary equipment just in case (tire chains, tow strap, shovel and ect...) again great on callin that guy out.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #13 on: Dec 17, 2012, 04:16 PM »
yes thanks for looking on the ice for us i know how them bosses can be  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.