Author Topic: FYI  (Read 2338 times)

Offline fd757

• Team IceShanty Regular
FYI
« on: Feb 01, 2011, 10:45 PM »
Gentlemen, as I'm sure we all know we are not liked by the state to the north.  I find it interesting some of the comments on other state sites.  My blood boils when I read topics of blaming Utahns.  Well, here we are and thank you to every one here for your cordial responses and niceness (is that a word)  we are a great group of folk here.  Thanks :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: FYI
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2011, 09:15 AM »
NO WAY!!!  your kidding me, the spuds don't like us???  Doesn't matter honestly, i pay my dues when i invade idaho for a sport i love, they drive to slow in the fast lane!  ::)

my idaho buck this year!   @)

Offline fd757

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2011, 09:45 AM »
Atta boy, good looking buck there!  Where was that at?  I mean where in Idaho?

Offline B.L.on ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2011, 09:57 AM »
Hey guys, I feel the same way, we all buy a fishing or hunting license when we go and it costs us a lot more to fish there. The way I see it they should thenk us for keeping the cost of there license down. There was a huge issue up at the chesterfield derby last saturday and it had to do with parking which was a problem in it's self. then you add alcohol and it really became a problem. I went there to have fun and I did have a blast, some of the others were not so lucky. vadilism to a truck and the fists started flying all over something that really could not be avoided. Luckly we had left before this happened so I found out about it later. Don't get me wrong I do like a couple of light refreshments out when I am doing what I enjoy it just doesn't have to be a whole case.
WILL FISH ANYTIME THE BOSS LETS ME

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2011, 10:19 AM »
Atta boy, good looking buck there!  Where was that at?  I mean where in Idaho?

I got lucky, i was hunting the selway unit which has been decimated by wolves and big cats...  Idaho and Montana F&G need to exterminate those suckers ASAP that area went from 100% success to 10% success in 4 years... 

In all honesty i love idaho, the place just rocks for an outdoorsman!  I'd move there in a heart beat if my wife was on board with the idea, i grew up in cache valley just a few minutes from the border and i never heard a single anti-Utah word until this year.  There are some JackA$$es from Utah and Idaho!   

Offline fd757

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2011, 01:50 PM »
Amen to that!!!!

Offline IDbasser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2011, 05:28 PM »
the 2009 hunting season we were allowed to hunt wolves, but the federal government stopped the 2010 wolf hunt.  Beleve me, we would like to see the wolves gone.  Dumbest idea ever to reintroduce the wolves.

Some of the anti-Utah  sentiments come from the ones who show up and have no respect for private property or the regulations.  All people see are the utah plates on the vehicle.  You know the saying, a few ruin it for the rest.

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2011, 08:25 AM »
For sure IDbasser, one of our hunting group actually had a tag for wolf the year it was legal, that montana judge that nixed it needs to be slapped silly.  we went 18 miles into the back country and we'd see deer, that night, we'd hear wolves and all sign of deer and elk would disappear.  I corrosponded with the regional F&G guy for a while about it, he said it was a true shame.  there have even been a couple instances of the wolves stalking hunters and hikers, only a matter of time till they start grabbin toddlers.  everyone that saw my deer said it was a miracle that i got one, i sure hope i didn't shoot the last buck off that unit!  ::)

Offline mattcarlson7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 03, 2011, 05:16 PM »
being from idaho myself i hear you guys loud and clear...it goes the same way for duck hunting, when you run into a few guys that dont respect the land and other people it ruins it, suddenly every person with that plate becomes an enemy...i try to keep the best outlook on it but a few bad seeds definitally create issues!!!

Offline nomadic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 03, 2011, 05:35 PM »
Funny how everywhere is like this.  I'm a transplant here in Utah, just came from the east coast and it's the same there between the tiny states of New England.

Offline bighof

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • have you seen me walk on water????
« Reply #10 on: Feb 10, 2011, 02:25 PM »
that montana judge that nixed it needs to be slapped silly. 

check facts..... Montana and Idaho agreed on the regulation of wolves (with tags) Wyoming would not get on board and wanted them to be considered the same as coyotes (kill as many as you want without tags) which would be great but the anti's wouldnt let it fly.  My understanding was that if Wyoming would have gotten on board with the tags the season would have gone on as planned. 
l

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 11, 2011, 08:37 AM »
check facts..... Montana and Idaho agreed on the regulation of wolves (with tags) Wyoming would not get on board and wanted them to be considered the same as coyotes (kill as many as you want without tags) which would be great but the anti's wouldnt let it fly.  My understanding was that if Wyoming would have gotten on board with the tags the season would have gone on as planned. 

Check your facts dude, i've been pretty on top of this, the reason a couple states were allowed to hunt wolves for a season is that they (wolves) were delisted, a US district Judge Donald Molloy of Missula, MT relisted them...

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/08/06/1293751/judge-ends-idaho-montana-wolf.html

Unless something else has come down the tube that i don't know about, it still stands like this.

Offline bighof

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • have you seen me walk on water????
« Reply #12 on: Feb 11, 2011, 11:39 AM »

These are both excerpts from your article.  It was a Federal judge that lives in MT that had to make the ruling because that is the law.  The reason he had to make that ruling was because wyoming wanted them completely delisted so there would be an open season rather than a regulated season.  The Obama Administration denied wyomings management plan and gave them 2 options.... tags for controlled hunt or they will not be delisted.  Personally I think we should kill every wolf and pup in the region.  The wolves that were transplanted are canadian wolves which is an entirely different sub species in the first place (20-30 lbs larger) than the yellowstone wolves that were native to the area. 

Gotta love it when the people in offices try to fix the great outdoors for us....

Wolf advocates praised Molloy's ruling that leaving wolves listed as endangered in Wyoming while delisting them in Idaho, Montana, eastern Oregon, eastern Washington and northern Utah violates the Endangered Species Act.

Molloy's decision resolves one of two cases on Rocky Mountain wolves. Wyoming sued the Obama administration for rejecting its state wolf management plan. U.S. District Judge Alan B. Johnson of Cheyenne is deciding that case.

l

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 11, 2011, 12:55 PM »
nice catch BIGHOF, i guess i had read over that part about wyoming, but i really don't think WY is to blame, sure they may have tried to be a little more liberal with their policy, but that doesn't matter one bit, i don't think the feds should even have their noses in the butt of this issue.  Wolves are vermin especially these larger tundra wolves...  I can tell you from first hand knowledge it's creepy hearing them howl, so you howl back jokingly, they howl back again and then you realize that everytime you howl back they are closing in on your location, we'd have wolf prints in fresh snow 50 ft from our tents every morning, some of them were huge, in this pic this is a fresh wolf print next to my size 11 snowpack sorel, it's a big boot, it was a big wolf, pushed right down to dirt and my fat 200 lb butt didn't.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #14 on: Nov 18, 2011, 05:53 PM »
Gentlemen, as I'm sure we all know we are not liked by the state to the north.  I find it interesting some of the comments on other state sites.  My blood boils when I read topics of blaming Utahns.  Well, here we are and thank you to every one here for your cordial responses and niceness (is that a word)  we are a great group of folk here.  Thanks :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:
Sorry to hear about this...please, anytime someone writes a bashing post, give one of us a shout (report to Moderator)...no need for that nonsense. Tight lines guys.     LT         (Don)  ;D

Offline SalmoCowboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 07, 2011, 03:20 PM »
Wyoming's wolf plan was finally approved by the USFWS a few months ago.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.