Canada > Ice Fishing Ontario

Kingston, Ontario, Back Lakes

<< < (2/249) > >>

TRYZ2FISH:
Hi,

I am also a kingston local. i mostly fish trout lakes further north but would love to get out localy. just not sure where to start. Can't wait to here the reports.

icejunky:
This is great, the past three years I have been the only Kington Angler on the site with a few others like Jiggy who stop on thru from time to time...but looks like this year we have a few new Kingston members...

I m hoping you boys can give me some insight on some other local Kingston lakes...Like mentioned above I spend most of my time on Dog lake as it was the first lake I came across 3 years ago when I moved to kingston, other then that I move around a lot....very interested in learning about other lakes...and willing to share..

leviathan_slayer:
Good morning Kingston area anglers.  It is a glorious cool morning with not many anglers out yet.  A few shacks are starting to show up on lakes around the Verona area - people just starting to realize that the ice is thick enough to walk and ATV on - not quite ready for a truck or car.  Today I checked out 2nd Depot Lake and as suspected need to be careful where you go because they are letting water out and in some spots the ice is 6-8 inches above the water!  Anyway,  tried a couple of quick line-drops and pulled up 2 'eyes - 3lb and 5 lb - which is really good for this lake!

For the locals look forward to hearing about your adventures north of Kingston.  Give Verona Lake a try - south end.  If coming from Kingston drive up Hwy 38 until you get to Verona and turn right on Water St. (right beside hardware store).  Park on street and walk on out and you will see the spots where the locals go - I have never been disappointed in this lake for the last 21 years!

Lun:
Hey Guys.  I'm brand new to the site and live north of Kingston.  Most of my ice fishing is done on the Depot lakes.  I built a new shack this summer and put it on 5th Depot this past weekend.  In two trips so far we've caught 3 walleyes- one close to 5lbs and two around 3.5lbs.  We also missed a few fish and caught a few small pike.  On Saturday I saw two full size trucks and what looked like a Civic on the lake despite there only being 7 inches of ice.  Crazy buggers!

I've never fished Verona but may have to give it a try based on your report.  Dog Lake also sounds interesting, icejunky, though I usually stick to walleye lakes.

Glad I stumbled upon this site guys!  I'm looking forward to your posts.
P.S.- Am I the only one having a hard time finding a place to buy minnows?  Don't tell me I have to dig my minnow trap out...

icejunky:

--- Quote ---Am I the only one having a hard time finding a place to buy minnows?
--- End quote ---

I buy mine from Mark's bait in Battersea, so far this year he has been great with 3-4 sizes available...cash only, but livley bait.

I told there are some great bait shops around Wolf lake, but have not been there myself

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version