New Hampshire > Ice Fishing New Hampshire

the rain did wonders

(1/2) > >>

jibbs:
hit the lake around 8 and it was all smooth ice.........the rain during the night got rid of all the snow and turned it to ice this morning.........i was able to get out to one of my favorite spots on phillips and it payed off........i had a good number of flags, which produced some decent bass.......the biggest was around 3 pounds........i also landed one lone pickeral......anyways, as the sun and wind picked up all that ice got soft again and made it tough to walk......i was constantly breaking through and plopping back down into the water........i knew my feet were wet, but i thought it was coming in from the laces......i took my boots off and inspected them a bit closer......the ice sliced my sorels to crap.....each boot had a number of slices in them, which allowed the water to come in like  buckets......i had to get off the ice and find a boot store asap.......i am  heading to 19 mile bay tomorrow morning to fish for a week and i knew the stores would be closed.......headed to red shoe barn and picked up some real nice winter boots........they are made by a company called lacrosse.........i really love sorels, but they didn't have any quality ones........ another 150 bucks at christmas time hurts, but hey what can you do?......what am i going to do......stay home this week. have a merry christmas

jibbs:
a nice cold night tonight will change things around...........that rain really saved the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

nhfisha17:
just when i thought the rain was going to ruin everything...thanks for the info.

duck doctor:
That rain did do wonders......When I went home for Christmas on Friday, there was almost 2 feet of snow on the ground and 6'+ banks.............I registered the sled and could not believe my eyes on the way back north today..........Trails are bare and there is less than 1' on the ground....Great news for fishing but bad for riding.

chowdah:
Yahoo for the rain!! I checked some ponds today that are nice and bare, just need a few nights of cold weather to firm them up then the 4-wheeler comes out for January!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version