New Hampshire > Ice Fishing New Hampshire

Potanipo gripe

<< < (2/6) > >>

jigmaster5:
I've fished there a handful of times.  If it's busy when you get there, best bet is to turn right around & fish somewhere else.

In the summer (esp. weekends), you need to hit it super early before the yahoos wake up & be off the water by 7AM, 8AM at the latest.  Otherwise, it's a nightmare.

Early spring or late fall is fishable on the right day...esp. in rain/drizzle.

In the winter, once the ice thickens up - it's again a nightmare.  So, have to hit it super early before the yahoos wake up.

Key thing to know for any body of water like that is that the knuckleheads like to sleep in late...

NHFishah:
That's interesting about marking schools of pan fish. I've fished there about a dozen times in open water and caught a few nice bass, and a really nice trout, but never saw any signs of pan fish. Fished there a few times on the ice and really didn't do anything. I live fairly close but would rather go to Canobie or Cobbetts.

zcm_82:
Never ice fished it, but I've caught some yellow perch and sunfish there in the summer, mostly dinks though.

800stealth:
Meh, been a party lake as long as I can remember, it is what it is... We need a few lakes like that for the crazies to congregate on otherwise they'll spread out over more quiet fishing waters lol.

AQUAASSASSIN:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version