Author Topic: Grand lake  (Read 1513 times)

Offline Fishin_603

• Team IceShanty Regular
Grand lake
« on: Mar 21, 2022, 04:19 PM »
Went up to northern maine this weekend to do some plumbing work/ fishing for a friend who bought a place on grand  lake. Place was right on the water so I set my traps up while I was working and my buddies wife watched the traps. Fishing was slow, had one jaw jacker go off the first day and had what I think was a big salmon but snapped my line and the second day got a nice 23” salmon out of the same hole, fought like Crazy. Caught some decent cusk but the salmon was the highlight because we can’t catch them in the winter🙄 Got to make some money and fish at the same time can’t beat that. Ice was 3’ thick the auger barely made it through

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Grand lake
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2022, 04:23 PM »
Nice !

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2022, 06:31 PM »
Love east grand lake ..we spent two weeks up there one July ..crushed tbe smallmouth ..fun trip
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Brownbagger247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2022, 05:35 AM »
Can’t beat that!
How's the ice they all ask? "I’ll tell you what, you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bull’s butt, but I’d rather take the butcher’s word for it."

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2022, 08:53 AM »
Heading to East Grand (and Baskahegan) in June for a week this summer for smallies.  Can't wait.  Probably troll a few mornings for salmon and togue on Grand too depending on conditions.

Nice fish!

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2022, 09:58 AM »
Heading to East Grand (and Baskahegan) in June for a week this summer for smallies.  Can't wait.  Probably troll a few mornings for salmon and togue on Grand too depending on conditions.

Nice fish!
we were catching a 100 a day ..water was in the 50’s and it was the Fourth of July ..I wish I would of trolled around for salmon would of been fun ..crazy wind chop on that lake
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 22, 2022, 10:45 AM »
we were catching a 100 a day ..water was in the 50’s and it was the Fourth of July ..I wish I would of trolled around for salmon would of been fun ..crazy wind chop on that lake

Good to know, jibbs.  Any size?  I've always heard crazy numbers in that area but a lot of 14-16".  Also, I'm there June 13-19, hopefully water temps are okay.  And not really a fan of pulling females off beds all day long, if I hit the spawn dead-on.

Offline Fishin_603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 22, 2022, 10:59 AM »
I talked to a local at the lake about the summer months and bass, he told me grand lake has a huge population of bass and said he has regularly pulled out 4-5 lb bass. I might have to take another road trip to find out for myself!

Offline TheCrittaC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Set the hook!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 22, 2022, 12:10 PM »
My family has a camp up there. We don't often target bass, but you can get a lot trolling close to shore. They love Bomber crankbaits. I've seen multiple smallies over 4 pounds come out, but none in the last couple of years.

Offline Uppervalley Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 22, 2022, 02:25 PM »
Nice one!
....¸><((((º>
.··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.