Vermont > Ice Fishing Vermont

Vexilar Flashers

(1/7) > >>

Bob G.:
A little background about me. I got back into ice fishing after a 30 something year break after retiring in January. Iíve been basically winging it with a handheld GPS with a Navionics mapping card to guesstimate depth.

Iím not new to fishing electronics as I have two Humminbird side imaging graphs on my boat.

That all said, I want to get a flasher later this year for next ice fishing season. Vexilar seems to be a popular brand. Given a choice, any reason not to get the FLX-30 compared to the FLX-28 or an other model? Thanks for any input.

hardwater diehard:
The FL18 model with the DD100 paired with a 12 deg transducer is the work horse of the Vexilar line up ..easy to use . The higher end units do have some bells and whistle that are nice ..but not super necessary. 

Hardwater2:

--- Quote from: hardwater diehard on Mar 13, 2022, 04:05 AM ---The FL18 model with the DD100 paired with a 12 deg transducer is the work horse of the Vexilar line up ..easy to use . The higher end units do have some bells and whistle that are nice ..but not super necessary.

--- End quote ---

X2^^
My Fl-18 is a solid unit. Does everything I need it for.

iceman260:
X3 my fl-18 has been a reliable workhorse for many years. Thought about upgrading to the 30bb or flx-28 but why switch if it still works good.

QuinnTheEskimo:
I was in the market for a new flasher this year, went back and forth and eventually bought an FLX28 and after using it for a season I really wish I had the option to change cone angles for various water depths.  I will probably buy a 30 before next season and keep the 28 in reserve. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version