Vermont > Ice Fishing Vermont

Ice Conditions Crown Point to Basin Harbor

(1/5) > >>

JMailbox8:
Anyone know what the ice conditions are after this warm spell from Crown Point to Basin Harbor? Looking to get over there tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

EyERipLip:
Fished tri town and potash the past two days. Plenty of ice, edges are getting pretty beat up Id be careful going on with a machine depending on where you are. Stepped to the bottom at tri town coming off but was only 8 of water. Friend of mine was north of basin harbor yesterday. He said the ice was fine. About 16+ everywhere Ive been out that way. Good luck

BlackDucksAndBrownDogs:
Careful crossing pressure ridges.

There's a series of ridges from Arnold's Bay. Folks couldn't cross the second ridge on an ATV Monday.  They picked their way across on foot.

The prior week, I had those ridges shift about 3 feet and make some nerve-racking crossings.  Not fun when there isn't a soul in sight.

And, there's at least one in Button Bay that starts at Button Island and runs southeast to shore.  I did see ATVs up there Monday.

EyERipLip:
There is also one coming from tri town that goes all the way across the lake that I would  not attempt to cross

JMailbox8:
Thanks everyone!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version