Author Topic: Who's getting out today?  (Read 2170 times)

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Who's getting out today?
« on: Feb 24, 2022, 08:24 AM »
Wanna hit the ice today..who's getting out?
Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Offline Michigan Slim

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Michigander by birth, Hoosier by force!
Re: Who's getting out today?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2022, 09:15 AM »
I was out last night. Ice went from 30 turns on the auger to 18. Six inches of good clear ice. It was really popping with the temp dropping. Slow bite but I got a meals worth. Going back out tomorrow night.
Heart in Michigan. Stuck in Indiana.

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2022, 09:38 AM »
I was out last night. Ice went from 30 turns on the auger to 18. Six inches of good clear ice. It was really popping with the temp dropping. Slow bite but I got a meals worth. Going back out tomorrow night.
I appreciate the turns on auger..lol. heading for a lake where I have access with a pier if needed. Curious how much ice was lost in last week.

Offline CWlake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2022, 11:23 AM »
I live on a large channel and sunday was a good 14". Yesterday the shore was open 4ft. and I wouldn't walk on the rest of it. Along the Michiana line. Every lake is different but when it gets soft and black, I stay off.

Offline Michigan Slim

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Michigander by birth, Hoosier by force!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2022, 12:02 PM »
I live on a large channel and sunday was a good 14". Yesterday the shore was open 4ft. and I wouldn't walk on the rest of it. Along the Michiana line. Every lake is different but when it gets soft and black, I stay off.
Lost about half on the two lakes I fish.
Heart in Michigan. Stuck in Indiana.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2022, 12:41 PM »
Not me. I was out Monday and the edges were mushy on the pond I was fishing. Tuesday afternoon they were open water 3-6 feet out most of the way around the same pond.

Hoping this cold snap that moved in yesterday locks them up enough to get back out this weekend, but I'd say it's 50/50 whether or not they're good before the warm spell next week kills off the ice.

Offline Lee1977

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2022, 04:31 PM »
I went yesterday on two different ponds and the both had about 6” of good ice. Went to Michigan today and the lake we were on had at least 12” yet. All of them are slicker than snot too. Had to be careful on edges and where ever water was flowing in. The fishing was good both days.

Offline Graygills22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 24, 2022, 05:12 PM »
Going Friday night, Saturday,  Sunday...Monday night, maybe Tuesday night....lol. then done!  ;D

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 25, 2022, 06:24 AM »
What was 11 inches on the lake I had fished before warmup ended up at 7 inches yesterday. Ice was getting to be darker and shore was pretty shot. Had a board and a pier. Only took stepping thru once to tread lightly near shore. If you found the weed line you found the fish. Gills we're charging up from the weeds if you dropped in and jigged up slowly. Windy as heck but managed a small mess. The lake in noble county I was on won't fair too well with another big warmup.. be safe out there folks with a little snow covering areas.

Offline natahka72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 25, 2022, 08:56 AM »
Love all the colors in your pic!!

Offline Mhofferman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 25, 2022, 07:14 PM »
Hello old friends! Fished Sylvan through the narrows and out to Bishop Island and never found less than 9” of ice. Unfortunately didn’t find anything over or near 9” under the ice either! Not sure if I’m gonna fish here tomorrow or head somewhere else in the area. Tight lines and keep your spud handy!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.