Author Topic: ICE  (Read 1524 times)

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
ICE
« on: Feb 18, 2022, 07:53 AM »
Roads are a sheet of ice. Stay home if you can. Got around 4 inches of snow here in Wheatfield.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
Re: ICE
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2022, 07:57 AM »
had to get wifes car door unfroze at 5.  so since i was up i went out n played on the ice for 20min.  sliding around on the ice will be fun till i die, i hope. lol
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2022, 08:04 AM »
Got about 7" here. The back door of my house and both cars are completely frozen shut. Gonna try to get the car open again once some sun hits it and loosens up that ice. I couldn't even get a car door to budge using a wedge in the seams earlier.

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2022, 09:00 AM »
Well luckily we only got a skim of snow/ice. Henry and Wayne county’s. Haven’t looked at lakes yet but should be good if bank ice is ok

Offline Lee1977

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2022, 09:18 AM »
It looks like we had about 3” north of Kendallville. The pond has a thin layer of slush on it and then about 2” of snow. I bored a hole and there’s still plenty of ice. I walked out on the dock and then got on the ice. The edges aren’t really that good since the pond came up about a foot. Water looked to be pretty murky. Probably can’t do much sight fishing now. I’ll probably check out some bigger lakes in awhile.

Offline Big Buck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2022, 09:33 AM »
About 2" of the white stuff in Miami should be good to go this weekend but going to be breezy

Offline kcskypilot

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A nice day!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2022, 01:47 PM »
had to get wifes car door unfroze at 5.  so since i was up i went out n played on the ice for 20min.  sliding around on the ice will be fun till i die, i hope. lol

Same!!!

Doing Rockfords in a fwd vehicle is still more fun than it should be!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.