Author Topic: Hold on ice!!!!  (Read 1972 times)

Offline Graygills22

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hold on ice!!!!
« on: Feb 16, 2022, 01:44 PM »
I'm not done yet..... ;D ;D ;D

Offline Michigan Slim

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Michigander by birth, Hoosier by force!
Re: Hold on ice!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2022, 01:53 PM »
Copy that! Hoping to get out this weekend at least one more time.
Heart in Michigan. Stuck in Indiana.

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2022, 02:41 PM »
I easily kicked through the edges on a 5 acre pond today and it hasn't even started raining.  Hate this time of year waaaaay more than early hard ice.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline Hexagenia51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2022, 06:34 PM »
I was on 16 inches of ice this morning and was a lot of water on top. The edges were solid other than one spot that heaved and was opening up some. That wind was pretty tough out there but I survived. Caught a few too! Hex

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2022, 08:25 PM »
I easily kicked through the edges on a 5 acre pond today and it hasn't even started raining.  Hate this time of year waaaaay more than early hard ice.

If this snow hits as hard as forecast tomorrow and doesn't blow off, I think my season is done. I checked a couple ponds after work this afternoon, and popped right through the edges with one chisel whack.

Offline Lee1977

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2022, 09:08 AM »
Just came in from checking my pond and water is running in from everywhere. It looks like it might have come up about 3” overnight. I walked out on it and it seems to be fine. The edges are a little thin but those will tighten back up with the forecasted temps. It only had about 6” of ice at best before all this warm weather. I’m a little bit puzzled why this has a lot less ice then everything else I’ve been on. My geothermal does run into it but I can’t believe that would make that much difference. The pond covers over 3 acres. Be careful out there!

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2022, 09:41 AM »
Just came in from checking my pond and water is running in from everywhere. It looks like it might have come up about 3” overnight. I walked out on it and it seems to be fine. The edges are a little thin but those will tighten back up with the forecasted temps. It only had about 6” of ice at best before all this warm weather. I’m a little bit puzzled why this has a lot less ice then everything else I’ve been on. My geothermal does run into it but I can’t believe that would make that much difference. The pond covers over 3 acres. Be careful out there!

Have no idea why but, ponds seem to never get the amount of ice that larger lakes/reservoirs do?? Also they are the first to melt most of the time.

Offline Graygills22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2022, 04:19 PM »
Checked my lakes I fish.....still good... ;D ;D

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
« Reply #8 on: Feb 19, 2022, 07:38 PM »
Drive the atv tonight and still really good up here. Like lots of good clear ice down there!
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.