Canada > Ice Fishing Ontario

21/22 Hard Water Season

(1/4) > >>

Seus:
Hi fellow Ontarians, I am just posting to see if everyone is getting excited yet about the upcoming season. This year I hope the ice comes early, last year wasn't bad but I hope it is much better this year. I am in Eastern Ontario in the Ottawa area. It would be nice to find some people to fish with most of my friends don't fish. While I enjoy being out on the ice it is always better with someone else to fish with. Looking forward to it either way, Cheers all.

Skywagon:
We are still doing a little open water fishing here in N/W Ontario on the occasional nice day.  I plan on running up to the outpost cabin the first couple of days next week since the weather looks good, then the next trip in after that it will be time to pull the docks, waterline and winterize. Winter usually shows it's face here anytime after the middle of October, it looks like it might be a little later this year.  My permanent shacks are ready to go, I like to see 8" to 10" of ice before pulling them out, last year they were on the ice the first week of December. My wife always says winter is her favorite time of year, for her it is snowshoeing and skiing, for me it ice fishing.  The first thing that comes to mind about ice fishing is firing up the wood stove and cooking smokies out in the shack, then looking forward to snowmobiling in to the remote lakes and the overnighters at the cabins.  As you mentioned, it is nice to fish with others, it is usually a social thing, but I also enjoy my time fishing alone.  I am sure if you look around you will be able to find some others that like to ice fish, maybe even someone from your area will see this post and reach out to you. Enjoy your winter.

DawntoDusk:
Yep, I'm starting to get that itch for the ice season also. Been checking out the gear today to see what I need for the upcoming season.

Bear58:

--- Quote from: Seus on Oct 15, 2021, 05:51 AM ---Hi fellow Ontarians, I am just posting to see if everyone is getting excited yet about the upcoming season. This year I hope the ice comes early, last year wasn't bad but I hope it is much better this year. I am in Eastern Ontario in the Ottawa area. It would be nice to find some people to fish with most of my friends don't fish. While I enjoy being out on the ice it is always better with someone else to fish with. Looking forward to it either way, Cheers all.

--- End quote ---

Where in the Ottawa area do you fish, I live in Carleton Place, might hook up at some point

Seus:
Hey Bear, I Live in Stittsville and fish Mississippi, White, Clayton, Shirleys Bay, Constance Lake and Bay. Looking to find more places to have a good Varity and always like to meet new people with similar interests..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version