Author Topic: It’s October , raining, and time to get excited ! Who’s awake out there ?  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless

Offline Bryce

• Team IceShanty Regular
Yeah listening to the rain before day light, thinking I should go duck hunting.
Maybe get some ice fishing upgrades done while it is comfortable to work in the driveway.
Can't wait for ice.  Want to be outside without the bugs.

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
The Mosquitoes have been fierce this year, only the cold will get rid of them. Ready for some cold weather and of course the ice. Seeing lots of ice fishing gear popping up in the stores gives me the bug to get everything out and get ready.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
I'm starting to wake up to this cold and welcome it with open arms Geezer, hope all has been well with you and yours. Me, Fishon1 & Icecutterion have been hanging out camping most this summer and all is well. My ice gear is definitely calling my name and I'm sure I will start pulling some stuff out soon. Looking at the temp sensors around the high country, I'm seeing lots below 30deg so thats got me all fired up today  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :woot: :woot:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
Glad that you and family are doing well! We are doing good at my house as well. We have been doing a lot of traveling, camping, fishing, and wheeling this summer. Won’t let a virus keep me down, taking it seriously but not ruling my life. Got to get everything out to see what i have so I don’t buy it again lol

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
Well, got a taste of the hard water this morning in Cache Valley.... Forgot to shut off the sprinklers so the 24 degrees put ice all over the trees this morning so branches are dragging the ground with the added weight... finished off the garden so it must be officially the start of hardwater prep time... Looking for a sleeper shelter this winter, let me know if you see any great deals... Later J

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hello everybody! Just logged back in tonight for the first time this season and glad to see I am not the only one already noting the cooler temps and getting excited about another great season. We've been well...everyone staying healthy so far and hoping you all are too. Had the "talk" with the wife and daughters this past weekend clarifying my expectations for the upcoming ice season. After the normal eye rolling and then comments from them that they think an intervention may be in order....I started pontificating about brisk mornings and the zen-like hum of the Marcum running as I focus on the beauty of a dark red mark on the flasher moving toward my jig.....anyway, I looked up after an undisclosed amount of time and the wife and daughters were gone...apparently not interested in hearing more. Whatever...as the only guy in the house these days, I don't understand much of what they say half of the time (I swear they are speaking a different language most of the time), I don't take issue that they "don't get it".  Looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Tight lines....
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
Yup, super excited and ready.

I put my boat away today, that makes me a bit sad so ice better get here fast.

This week the temps are suppose to drop major  ;D

Can't wait....
WINTER IS COMING!

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
Well, got a taste of the hard water this morning in Cache Valley.... Forgot to shut off the sprinklers so the 24 degrees put ice all over the trees this morning so branches are dragging the ground with the added weight... finished off the garden so it must be officially the start of hardwater prep time... Looking for a sleeper shelter this winter, let me know if you see any great deals... Later J
I may have what you are looking for, I’m planning to down size this year since I don’t sleep in mine. PM me and we can talk about it.
Geezer_

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
I may have what you are looking for, I’m planning to down size this year since I don’t sleep in mine. PM me and we can talk about it.
Geezer_

What you looking at Gale? I thought you would hold on to that X200 a bit longer
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline happyheber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
All is well here in Heber. And my kids families are all well through this trying time. I had something follow me home
a month ago. Better known as a snow dog in the states. But this one the plans were made in Russia and is called
a mule. I've been working on some accessories for it. Like a jet sled. Can't wait to test it and see how many pounds
she will pull. My wife tells me to quit buying jigs. LOL ;D Tight Lines Happy Heber

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
What you looking at Gale? I thought you would hold on to that X200 a bit longer
  I’ve found that half the fun of getting ready for the season is building and trying new things. Ive been looking at the Eskimo Evo 11 Insulated. I like the side entry as well as the fishable area. Since I don’t sleep on the ice I’m looking for something lighter but with enough room for a big guy to fish. I have a couple of the pop-up units but I really struggle with the half moon doors. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve hung a boot up on the side getting in. I really don’t have any real issues with my X200 other than the weight since I’ve added the sleeping deck.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
That should give you plenty of room for sure Gale and be much lighter to haul depending on how many mods you do to the seating. Bob has the evo1 and has been very satisfied with it for quite a while now

Capacity   2 Person
Fishable Area   34.25 ft²
Set-Up Size   105" x 105" x 75"
Sled Size   60" x 37" x 10"
Insulation   Roof & Back Panel
Fabric   300 Denier
Height   75"
Weight   95 lbs
Collapsed Size   60" x 37.5" x 22.5"
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Gale, I bought the EVO II insulated myself 3 yrs ago and it was really great.  I ended up selling it the same year but only because I personally found like being outside of a hut/shelter during the day and with my Striker Hardwater Bibs/Coat I can be out in the elements and stay really comfortable. I did try and see if it would work as a sleeper too, but it just didn't allow for a cot to fit right (part way in the tub and part outside the tub).
BUT, if you are not wanting it as a sleeper, it really is nice. I really liked the easy pop up feature tied to the convenience of the sled. Chairs were very comfortable.  The tub/sled is definitely not as deep as the other styles, but you can use all of the tub for gear. When the tent folds up, it actually doesn't need to go into the tub, it just rests on top of the gear, and the cover you can get is designed to accommodate that.  Note....when folded up it is a little cumbersome to get to the gear in the sled...but doable.
The fishable area is awesome and being able to step right out on either side without tripping over poles & gear was the best feature I liked about it. Oh...and the windows are nice an big.
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks guys, I’m glad to get some feed back on the EVO unit. What I am thinking is since I am right handed I would remove the right seat. Then replace it with a sliding table to work from. I really think that this unit being lighter I will use it more often. I think that my Clam has only been used three to four times.

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
Its almost here, I hope this weather coming this weekend stays this time...

WINTER IS COMING!

Offline Tanglemeister

• IceShanty Rookie
Rumor has it that Mammoth has capped.  Haven't heard if it's thick enough yet.  Any scouting reports to be reported?  Thx.

Offline Tanglemeister

• IceShanty Rookie
Also heard that the dam arm of Scofield is iced over, but I doubt it's safe yet.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
Thanks for the reports Tanglemeister  @)
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.