Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > General Tips

Knot question

<< < (2/6) > >>

DR.SPECKLER:
Pretty strong.ive caught northerns on 2# test with 3mm jigs while fishing for panfish numerous times.

esox_xtm:

--- Quote from: Whitet on Aug 26, 2019, 08:21 PM ---Thanks for the help, I will give those a try. Is that rapala knot and uniknot pretty strong?

--- End quote ---

Yep. Can't go wrong with either one. I'd forgotten about the Rapala/loop knot. Thanks for the reminder Doc! I keep thinking I wanna tie certain jigs with this but always forget.  ::)  Maybe it'll come back to me this season.

I like Unis because they won't slip with slick lines like superlines or fluoro. You can also use it to attach a leader without a swivel tying them back-to-back. I musky fish alot and use either a Palomar or Uni for everything. never had a knot failure.

hnd:
i use either a trilene or king sling. 

stinkyfingers:
I'm with esox on this one. Palomar if you can, uni if you can't. Those loop knots don't seem to work for me in that they allow the tail end of a tube jig to droop rather than the

horizontal presentation I'm looking for. They might be dandy for teardrop or other styles of jig with a different balance point.

Anybody feel like arguing about braid to fluoro leader connections choices?

SirCranksalot:

--- Quote from: stinkyfingers on Oct 01, 2019, 09:39 AM ---

Anybody feel like arguing about braid to fluoro leader connections choices?

--- End quote ---

Yes, I'll go for it!! I have had probs with that. My fly fisher bros swear by the blood knot for making tapered leaders. I tried that with quite poor results. Mixed results with Uni to Uni. I'm now working on my own version of the nail knot----doubling the lines and with the aid of a drinking straw.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version