Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Dressing for ice fishing

Heated Gear - Whatcha Using?

<< < (2/3) > >>

TheCrappieFisherman:
I'm thinking of picking up one of those small rechargeable hand warmers. A few guys said they just went to menards and picked up a lithium one and has worked excellent.  Quick google search seems to be a lot of one off models out there.  I've worn a hunting muff before with the zippo hand warmer than burn fluid inside but a battery one seems much simpler.   No more buying disposable handwarmers only to throw them away hours later. 

Battery powered gloves or insoles that are actually reliable interest me for my wife and relatives.

Unclegillhunter:

--- Quote from: rdhammah on Nov 04, 2019, 06:25 AM --- how are the gloves as far as putting back on when your hands are wet/damp after taking a fish off or rebaiting a shiner?

--- End quote ---
Not bad, but I got them big and usually have a towel hooked to my suit. So with a little damp they go on ok.
Keep it safe! JDL

aacosta:
Anyone using heated socks? Any recommendations? Heard when they first came out they were burning people. I'm sure they have improved

bearnoob:

--- Quote from: TheCrappieFisherman on Nov 04, 2019, 09:36 AM ---I'm thinking of picking up one of those small rechargeable hand warmers. A few guys said they just went to menards and picked up a lithium one and has worked excellent.  Quick google search seems to be a lot of one off models out there.  I've worn a hunting muff before with the zippo hand warmer than burn fluid inside but a battery one seems much simpler.   No more buying disposable handwarmers only to throw them away hours later. 

Battery powered gloves or insoles that are actually reliable interest me for my wife and relatives.

--- End quote ---

I got one last year but after ice season was over. Used it duck hunting this year and it was awesome. I highly recommend them and much cheaper to "fill" than the lighter fluid version

swnoel:
Just got an ORORO heated vest... will give it a try this season. It does heat up nicely!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version