Author Topic: 2013 West Loughborough Watch  (Read 14680 times)

Offline eastcoastboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 2013 West Loughborough Watch
« Reply #120 on: Jan 26, 2013, 04:56 PM »
yes that was me megaram. I also marked A LOT of fish but couldnt get any of them to commit.I was only there from 1-3:30 tho. I marked easily 25 fish all right off bottom in 95-100FOW. Now that i know you're the one in that blue clam, i will pop over and say hi next time.
ECB

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #121 on: Jan 26, 2013, 05:08 PM »
I wanna come try loughborough lake for some lakers...Don't know where or how to fish lakers only ever caught one by accident, but from what you guys are saying, when you mark one pull the bait away from it as fast as you can to make em hit it?
Yup that works, if you can get them to chase there is a good chance they will hit.  You can also get them to hit by jigging them up slow like you would a walleye or perch but you can waste a lot of time with finicky fish that way, when you reel up and pull it away from them you know if the fish wants to feed or not pretty quick. From the sydenham rd launch at Loughborough it's only a 5 min walk and you can be fishing.  Just post on here when you are heading out on Loughborough and if iam going out that day you are more than welcome to join.
@jzuliniak

Offline finlandia1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #122 on: Jan 26, 2013, 08:24 PM »
Hi mega ram ... Was nice to see you out there...was tough fishing today. JZ is right on when he says you gotta make them chase or tease them when the lakers are finnicky...you gotta trigger an instinctive strike rather than a hunger strike..... I have caught them reeling in super fast and tear the rod out of your hands when they hit. I am heading there in the morning, hopefully with a little quicker luck. On a better note I caught a couple of nice pickerel at quinte in the afternoon 8.6 and a 9.9 #....let them go...  Good luck to all tomorrow, stellar weather for fishing!!!!

Offline MegaRam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #123 on: Jan 26, 2013, 08:33 PM »
yeah... im going to try again tomorow early in the am... see you out there...
Everyone needs to believe in something,
I believe
I'LL GO FISHING

Offline Gypsy3006

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #124 on: Jan 26, 2013, 09:45 PM »
Yup that works, if you can get them to chase there is a good chance they will hit.  You can also get them to hit by jigging them up slow like you would a walleye or perch but you can waste a lot of time with finicky fish that way, when you reel up and pull it away from them you know if the fish wants to feed or not pretty quick. From the sydenham rd launch at Loughborough it's only a 5 min walk and you can be fishing.  Just post on here when you are heading out on Loughborough and if iam going out that day you are more than welcome to join.

I will for sure post on here when I head out my good sir!

Offline MegaRam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #125 on: Jan 27, 2013, 08:16 AM »
No fishing for me today.  >:(  I guess thats what happens when you stay up late, and turn your alarm off instead of on..first time i made that mistake... Theres always next weekend.  or some evening fishin this week.

Beware,    The Colorado Low is on its way tomorrow, bringing rain tues and weds. +5 and +8 then dropping back to freezing temps.

I believe
I'LL GO FISHING

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #126 on: Jan 27, 2013, 10:35 AM »
No fishing for me today.  >:(  I guess thats what happens when you stay up late, and turn your alarm off instead of on..first time i made that mistake... Theres always next weekend.  or some evening fishin this week.

Beware,    The Colorado Low is on its way tomorrow, bringing rain tues and weds. +5 and +8 then dropping back to freezing temps.
That will actually be a welcome change it was -19 the other morning when I was out there, a couple days of warm temps, even with the rain, won't affect the ice, might make the shoreline a little sloppy but the ice should be there for the rest of the season now.
@jzuliniak

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #127 on: Jan 27, 2013, 01:59 PM »
I was out there yesterday from 4-6pm for a try at the evening bite.  Marked a bunch of fish and had a few chasers but no takes.  Had one come up from 100 feet to about 15 before it turned around  >:(
fished from 35fow to 66 fow and found 9inches of black ice in all 20 or so holes I punched.  Started shallow and work progressively deeper,
Thanks for the holes, I think I fished every hole in the lines I assume you punched with that new gas-auger  ;D
Tight lines

Offline eastcoastboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #128 on: Jan 27, 2013, 04:33 PM »
I made it out there today from 12-3:45 and i went 2 for 3. I marked a lot of fish and it seemed like the only way to get them to strike was pull the bait away from them. 50% of the 20-25 fish that i marked were chasing the bait but only 3 hit my white tube. I was fishing in 105fow and they all started chasing right off bottom.

ECB

Offline Cadeuses

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #129 on: Jan 27, 2013, 05:12 PM »
Yup them lakers look great.  It was nice meeting you out there eastcoastboy.  I was skunked again.  Fished from about 8 til 3:30.  Ice was good at a steady nine inches wherever I put a hole.

Cheers

Cadeuses

Offline eastcoastboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #130 on: Jan 27, 2013, 05:20 PM »
Nice meeting you also. It's too bad that after i moved i was on the other side where all the action was happening, if you would have been yelling distance i would have called you over and you could have drilled a hole beside me. There is always this weekend though. Do you always have the blue clam out there when you go? if you do and i see it we will tee up next time.
ECB

Offline Cadeuses

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #131 on: Jan 27, 2013, 05:24 PM »
I will have the clam with me just about every time.  It is an older Kodiak which was the largest single they made.  Heavy though, so I will bring the quad next time.

Cheers

Cadeuses

Offline Justin_Barc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #132 on: Jan 27, 2013, 07:32 PM »
Was out friday afternoon with my grandfather and uncle. We were using headless smelt . Had no action at all, also forgot the white tubes in the truck! definitly not going to happen again tho.. although we never got anything it was still nice to be on the ice!

my grandpa is borrowing this from his friend if you see it out there dont be shy come by and say hi!

Offline aj dagnall

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #133 on: Jan 30, 2013, 03:26 PM »
whats the ice look like?

Offline weaver84

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #134 on: Jan 30, 2013, 08:42 PM »
any body go check the ice today?    any one heading out there tomorrow morning?

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #135 on: Jan 31, 2013, 06:43 AM »
didnt check the ice but I saw people out there yesterday, there was 9 inches of black ice when I was out there last sunday I can't imagine the warm weather had much of an effect, shorelines might be sloppy and obviously with the melt off be wary of creek mouths or anywhere water drains into the lake.  If you go out there let us know what you find
@jzuliniak

Offline celeste032

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #136 on: Feb 12, 2013, 10:53 AM »
Hey guys, love reading everything you have to say, some of it has been very informative. I am not from around the area, and have never caught any lakers through the ice. So I am defiantly going to have to give Loughborough a try 100%.  Looking to get out there whenever I can (asap) just looking for some good access points for the west end or laker grounds. Whats everyone using besides the trusted white tubes. And any other info I should know.  Thanks for all you info in advance, hope to meet some fellow fishers out there in the near future. Cheers.

Offline aj dagnall

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #137 on: Mar 06, 2013, 05:20 PM »
how is the ice?

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #138 on: Mar 06, 2013, 07:26 PM »
how is the ice?
sloppy by the launch but lots of ice, there are trucks out there everyday.
@jzuliniak

Offline MegaRam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #139 on: Mar 12, 2013, 09:53 AM »
Has anybody been out on the lake in the last few days? Im wondering with this weather if im able to make one more trip out.

any info would be great,

Thanks
I believe
I'LL GO FISHING

Offline seoo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #140 on: Mar 12, 2013, 07:38 PM »
I was out on Saturday still tons of Ice I took my snowmobile out and there were trucks on the lake still
might start to get slushy with the last bit of warmth but you wont be falling through unless you put your foot in an old hole
SEOO

Offline MegaRam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #141 on: Mar 13, 2013, 06:36 PM »
Thanks seoo..

Im going to head out there Thursday from 8to4, and see what i can catch..

At the rate im going, I might not be able to cut a hole with my sore back, but im gonna try..

I believe
I'LL GO FISHING

Offline MegaRam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #142 on: Mar 24, 2013, 09:31 AM »
Does anybody have any reports on ice conditions?
I believe
I'LL GO FISHING

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #143 on: Mar 24, 2013, 06:02 PM »
Does anybody have any reports on ice conditions?
Was out on Thursday and today, ice was still12-14inches at 102 fow but getting a little soft.  Marked tons of fish they were pretty picky though, managed to get a couple on thurs but nothing today.
@jzuliniak

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.