Indiana > Ice Fishing Indiana

cant wait to get back to the gravel pits

<< < (2/41) > >>

shovelholdsdirt:

--- Quote from: nrthrn IN fishr on Feb 23, 2012, 01:03 PM ---anyone been to any of the good  gravel pits latly

--- End quote ---

Nope, but I've been to a good marl pit.

nrthrn IN fishr:
no my fav is the one in south bend  thy got a 3 and hlf pound gill 2 yrs back and ive got so many 16 inch 2 to 2hlf lbs gills and its like tht almst every cast  night crawler no sinker and every once in a blue moon the crappie come out one will cover the whole bottm of a 5 gallon bucket    i really cant wait   but this place made me dislike bass i caught   so many  both of my thumbs are so raw by the time i leave  ive fished this pit for 10 yrs now and like i tell my buddys   when thy take me there good holes lol  and only take 2 dozen crawlers  haha  after 2 or 3 hours of caughtin lil dink nibblers im like let go get 6 dozen crawlers 4 u and 8 dozen for me  there  like y  im like ur goin to see and wthin 3hrs  thy r out standin arnd tryn to get someone to bring more lol 

sprkplug:
A 16" Bluegill?   3.5lbs?
 I'm gonna' need to see a pic on the scale, or against a rule.......... And I would love to see either one, so please post away. :)

nrthrn IN fishr:
i can do bettr thn a pic ill take u thre and whn we leave wth all these mnster gills thn u can take ur own pic if u like lol   i promse ill make a beliver out of ya  my dad said the samethng til i shwd up at his door wth a cooler full  i did have pics but like i said its been a yr and ive been thru 2 phne already    so if u wnt to go let me knw

sprkplug:

--- Quote from: nrthrn IN fishr on Feb 24, 2012, 07:47 AM ---i can do bettr thn a pic ill take u thre and whn we leave wth all these mnster gills thn u can take ur own pic if u like lol   i promse ill make a beliver out of ya  my dad said the samethng til i shwd up at his door wth a cooler full  i did have pics but like i said its been a yr and ive been thru 2 phne already    so if u wnt to go let me knw

--- End quote ---

I appreciate the offer, but there's no need to risk giving away such a good spot by taking someone else in, I will be satisfied with a picture of one on a digital scale, and up against a tape measure.

No disrespect intended, but bear in mind that the Indiana State Record BG "only" weighed 3.25 lbs, and was 13.5" long. And this upcoming March 25th, that record has stood for exactly 40 years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version