Author Topic: Post some Pics  (Read 19133 times)

Offline joneser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET R DONE
Re: Post some Pics
« Reply #30 on: Jan 18, 2005, 05:19 PM »
right on sluggo nice fish thats to bad your not comeing going to be a hoot tight lines  ;D
well its 40 below and I dont give a %&#@ got a 40 in the truck got a heater in the hut and im off to the to the perchin grounds 

trapperdirk

« Reply #31 on: Jan 21, 2005, 06:15 PM »
I had to move some topics and split some to make the board easier to read and if your looking for certain things that are missing on threads or the names have been changed, your posts are likely in the Reports and Conditions boards at the top of the Ontario forum .If you have any questions please e-mail me or pm me and I'll try and answer them but we want this board to be better organized and so that good hard info does not get buried or lost .Please bear with me as it is time consuming to read EVERY POST in the threads and move them , split them and merge them .If you wish I can also add more lakes on the Reports and Conditions boards but please check if they aren't already there and any info you can add as far as species open ,size of lake or anything else pertinent to the body of water listed it would be greatly appreciated and I will add it into the heading post .
     Reports and Conditions link  http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=89.0

Thankyou for your patience

TD

Offline MikePike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I caught you a delicious pike
« Reply #32 on: Feb 02, 2005, 08:36 PM »
Pike

Pike and brookies

dads 10 pound laker

Do the leaves of trees stay greener, in the autumn, does the colour of the sun, turn crimson white? Does a shadow come between us, in the winter?

BryanC

« Reply #33 on: Feb 02, 2005, 08:42 PM »
huge pike, what did that bad boy weigh???

Offline MikePike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 02, 2005, 08:53 PM »
the pikes 15b lbs, people say it looks bigger but i was sort of doing the arm stretch ;)

Do the leaves of trees stay greener, in the autumn, does the colour of the sun, turn crimson white? Does a shadow come between us, in the winter?

William H. Buffy

« Reply #35 on: Feb 02, 2005, 09:02 PM »
Nice photos Mike!  I'de like to know a bit about those Brook Trout! 

Offline MikePike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 03, 2005, 07:31 AM »
the specks are stocked brookies, and are in a lake near where i live.

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Feb 06, 2005, 08:38 AM »
Germ.  Lets see if this works.  This should be the picture of the 2+ lbs. slob. 

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Feb 06, 2005, 08:40 AM »
Germ - Here is me with the slob (eating one of her relatives- LOL). 

trapperdirk

« Reply #39 on: Feb 06, 2005, 09:13 AM »
OOOH YEAH UTES .That be what were looking for . ;D Definately a slob .

TD

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
« Reply #40 on: Feb 06, 2005, 12:31 PM »
That is deffinitly a nice one that is for sure:> Would like to get a couple like that.Molson on here has his hut out in front of pine beach and he swears he seen one in the 3 pound range if not bigger under his hut...I told him if it had of been me looking at it we would have had some proof of it not just a storey....Anyhow Utes i guess ill be seeing ya in a week:>:> Talk to ya later and Tell your wife thanks for showing ya how to Post the pics:>:> TIght lines!
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Feb 06, 2005, 01:17 PM »
Germ.  Lets see if this works.  This should be the picture of the 2+ lbs. slob.  (Image removed from quote.)

That is a friggin nice perch Utes!! :thumbsup: Did you get her mounted?

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Feb 06, 2005, 04:39 PM »
Thanks guys. Nah, I did'nt get her mounted but i took pictures. This place we go right after ice off has alot of slobs like that. I'm waiting for a little bigger one ,then i'll put it up on the wall . Besides i was hungry  ;D Germ, I'll be at DC Marine around 8-8:30 Friday night. I'll give ya a call or IM you later in the week. Utes

Offline joneser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET R DONE
« Reply #43 on: Feb 06, 2005, 07:28 PM »
here is my first whitie  ;D
well its 40 below and I dont give a %&#@ got a 40 in the truck got a heater in the hut and im off to the to the perchin grounds 

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Feb 06, 2005, 08:33 PM »
Nice Whitiy Scoob:> heheheh
ANd Utes Pm me or call me friday nite either way:>:>
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline minnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ahh memories !!!!
« Reply #45 on: Feb 06, 2005, 09:58 PM »
todays perchin pics

we went out today had to move quite a bit .............It was a great day for it...no heater no hut...like the tropics compared to the lake simcoe get together.
bite picked up around 3:00

I found a sweet spot and got comfy and pulled a few keepers out while brave 1 watched and drilled another hole...and another...and another....as I pulled up one nice perch...... and anotoher....and another.....I looked up and realized there were several holes in a circle around me. 
He told me later he had thoughts of putting me through the ice LOL

He drilled and fished drilled and fished he got mostly smaller perch and a few keepers...

Today I did the schoolin !!!!! ;D ;D

Also got my first mud puppy of the season. slimy creatures.

Brought home enough for a nice meal....lil minnow cleaned her fist fish by herself tonight too!!  That's my girl!!

Minnow

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Feb 07, 2005, 03:30 PM »
These Mud puppys are they quite common? ??????? I have have never seen one myself just wondered who else has ever caught one?

Offline Hoochie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Feb 07, 2005, 04:09 PM »
I caught one about 5 years ago in an ice bungalow on Nippissing. I hadn't even heard of them before that. After a few pops :P, I pulled this thing out of the hole. It falls off onto the floor and then starts crawling. Thought I was hallucinating. :o

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Feb 07, 2005, 04:30 PM »
We catch those mud puppies in lake Erie too. Ive never seen one that big though(LOL). The ones ive seen are usually black too? I gotta ask, Did ya fillet the creature up? never heard of anyone eating the nasty looking things.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Feb 07, 2005, 05:29 PM »
WOuld be curious myself AS tot hat they tasted like but dont think i could Summon the gutz to actually Kill it:> Though it does Resemble somewhat of a Ling.hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Delicousy maybe? TIght lines!

Offline minnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ahh memories !!!!
« Reply #50 on: Feb 07, 2005, 09:28 PM »
Mudpuppies are very common in longpoint bay.
Someone once told me they are like the canaries in the gold mines a sign of a healthy habitat.
We catch at least one a year. In the shallow water when it is clear you can sometimes see them hanging out under the hole.  lil minnow usually stops fishing at that point..she has never caught one and does not plan to LOL

Some anglers say they scare the perch away and leave them on the ice to die....that from what i am told can result in a fine if the CO sees it.

So common practice is to drill a hole away from where you are fishing and let them go there that usually does the trick.  some guys keep them in their buckets and then release them when they are done fishing or moving spots... I prefer to release them right away.  I get into some nice perch after we did the mud puppy photo shoot and sent him on his way. So I do not really have a strong opinion wether they scare the perch...If anyone has any experience with this I would be interested in hearing about it.

I knew it was not a perch it came to the top of the hole curled up in a ball...they are hard to hold and very slimy....like a bar of soap or a snake.
in the water their gills float out like frills.

as for eating them I have never heard for sure if anyone does....a ling with legs eh Germ..you better catch a ling soon LOL

minnow

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Feb 08, 2005, 04:36 PM »
I really couldnt see them scaring perch at the size they are........We use Sucker minnows that are like 9-12 inches long and Bigger PErch come by to try and chiomp on it lol......So if anything i think that Mudpuppy would maybe bring in the perch.........AS for a C.O. FIne i think it would be great to Fine someone for needlesly killing one.......They look great and i would lobe to catch one.......Though the slime would make it hard to Remove the hook im sure,,,,,,WOuld be fast to Drop it back into the water though as im sure the COld on its skin would freeze it fast:> Anyhow tks for the pic and the reply.next time ya catch one MEasure it:> Nice to see GOds creatures even when they are at the end of your Hook:> TIght lines!

Offline Grimace

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ive Had It
« Reply #52 on: Feb 10, 2005, 09:26 AM »
What exactly is a mud puppy?

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #53 on: Feb 10, 2005, 01:51 PM »
GRIMACE, MINNOW POSTED ONE FOR YA TO LOOK AT, CHECH IT OUT. LIKE GERM STATED, IT SORT OF LOOKS LIKE A LING BUT HAS LEGS/FEET. GOTTA ADMIT ITS A STRANGE LOOKING CREATURE. TIGHT LINES, UTES

Offline Whisper Woman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Feb 11, 2005, 05:44 PM »
 have seen some of those mud puppies in lake erie myself but did not know what they were.... also the pics you guys have on here are great looking forward to putting some on here myself sometime soon
Keeping Kids Warm  needs your help

William H. Buffy

« Reply #55 on: Feb 13, 2005, 09:23 PM »
Thanks doverlover55, we look forward to any shots you can share!  Hey, show us some of your work for the kids!

Chuck Enwinde

« Reply #56 on: Feb 22, 2005, 02:35 AM »
Nice shot Troutslayer9, looks like a nice size croker.  Any tips on depth/presentation?  I've never fished bows in the bay but I'll be up near Parry Sound this weekend and I understand there's a couple of spots around there that you can target them.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Feb 22, 2005, 08:03 AM »
Yep that would have been a sweet catch thats for sure:> Never caught bows thru the ice either:> WOuld be a experience.

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #58 on: Mar 01, 2005, 01:12 PM »
BC boy here checkin out what the rest of Canada is up to......thought I should show you guys what we got for brookies over here. They're all stocked of course but in closed lakes they take off really well. I think if I ever get back east I'm gonna have to try this lake simcoe!! Those whiteys are huge!! Usually the biggest you can find over here is 3 pounds and usually most running around 13" out of the rivers. We got lots of them but we don't have BIG ones like those!!!! Monster rainbows too! Anyways here's them brookies:

Mornin' to ya'll!

Hehehehe apparently the lake got stocked in the summertime! Isn't he cute!! ::) ;D

This guy went into the pan!

My buddy Tom showin us how it's done. Only fish he got all day but what a beauty!

Absolutely my favourite trout of all time to catch. Just love the halos and spots and the white tipped fins. Hope I can get back east and fish them where they come from some day! Tight Lines
KRIS

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Mar 01, 2005, 01:36 PM »
Yes im getting kind of hungry for them right now. I have one in my Freezer that needs a sun tan Im afraid...LOL.Might go give him the thaw right now lol. Tight lines!
Great pics Keep em coming:>

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.