Author Topic: 2009 inter-board challenge/Augersports competition  (Read 1310 times)

Offline auger-1

• IceShanty Rookie
2009 inter-board challenge/Augersports competition
« on: Jan 26, 2009, 09:47 PM »
Hey all....

First off I would like to invite all the fishing forums that receive this notice, to come on out and represent your forum board at the 2nd annual inter-board challenge and first annual Augersports competition....

to be held at Miners Bay on Gull Lake in the minden area on Saturday March 28th,2009. Registration begins at 7:00am

(a map with directions will be posted in this thread soon)
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=miners+bay+lodge++ontario+canada&sll=44.926951,-78.723822&sspn=0.00951,0.02193&ie=UTF8&ll=44.821634,-78.771114&spn=0.0095 28,0.034161&z=15
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Minden&state=ON#a/maps/m::12:44.823195:-78.77823:0:::::/e

The INTERBOARD CHALLENGE is a 2nd annual event which is primarily a fishing tourney with board bragging rites and a trophy (donated by The Kawartha Anglers site last season) at stake.....and is open to board members their friends and families

the tourney will be broken up into two categories again this year

the under twelve years of age and the over twelve years of age....

the fish must be taken by legal angling methods

slot fish (lake trout) must be immediately released and will not count

species included will be lake trout, whitefish,herring and ling

The Tourney will begin at the completion of the AUGERSPORTS COMPETITION which

which we will do first thing in the morning while the competitor's are feeling strong

and raring to go .....

there will be several divisions available for those of you who would like to compete

these divisions will be : 4",6" and 8" hand augers (one hole drilled to completion best times win)

8" ,9" and 10" power augers and you will be put into your class based on horsepower for a stock auger (3 holes drilled to completion best times win)

modified open class Augers (these can be nitro/top fuel

Bored out cylinders or any increased horsepower beauty you would like to dream up and bring along) This division will depend on the interest of the participants....

we would also like to include chisels as a class in this years event....so if you have one and would like to try out your technique against other forum members

please sign up for this event.......

we will also be considering an old time ice block sawing competition in future events

and possibly electric augers

just something to keep in mind

If you would like to join in one of the hand or gas auger classes or chisel events

please PM me or rather be or Island jay so we can get idea of how many heats we will be holding.......

As with last year we hope the many people who donated some time/food/cooking skills/tables/prizes/trophies/name-tags/garbage cans/washroom facilities/and ice hut rentals (gull Lake hut rentals by HotDave) will consider helping out again...this year

it was a group effort last year that made this day such a success....

I hope to see as many of you as possible coming out to represent your forums

at this years event....

we will do our best to answer any questions you may have

and if you know of a board that needs an invite please feel free to spread the invite around...

keep on drillin
Auger
 note to mods....if you are going to remove this again
please send me a pm....since this is only an invitation,,,,not a solicitation...

Offline auger-1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 2009 inter-board challenge/Augersports competition
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2009, 06:35 PM »
hey all....
so far I havent seen to much interest... in representing iceshanty at the inter-board challenge...
we are still a go and are gathering steam and prizes to make the events memorable...

so come on out and make iceshanty competitive....

looking forward to seeing some of you on game day

keep on drillin
Auger

Offline auger-1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 2009 inter-board challenge/Augersports competition
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2009, 06:58 PM »
hey all

made it out to check the conditions today ...with poppa, ratherbe ,icepick 

we punched 30 holes or more and found the ice to be a consistant...10" clear and 6" white....
the shoreline was still tight and about 10 huts total out there....

with the forcast we should be still okay by next sat.....
I will update the ice probably ...wed...and friday...this week....so check back

so I will say we are a go....(update reports pending)]
 for the 28th....

here are a few shots as of today....though we marked a few fish on two finders and a marcum ....but so finicky....they were....
ratherbe coaxed one up from 60' to follow his lure to right below the hole.... even got a look at the fish in his hole.....and it still didnt bite......

poppa and I figured on saving it up for game day....and not catching any today.....
ratherbe was still practicing when I left....

Icepick and his fish.....

and a few shots of the bay....

and everyone practicing,

hope you can make it out

still drillin

Auger

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.